ASIA/IRAQ - The Chaldean Church prays and fasts for peace together with Pope Francis
Baghdad ( Agenzia Fides) - The Patriarch of Babylon of the Chaldeans Louis Raphael I Sako calls on the Chaldean Church and all Iraqis to share a day of fasting and prayer for Syria convened by Pope Francis for Saturday, September 7. "In solidarity with the desire of Pope Francis and his invitation to dedicate next Saturday, September 7 to prayer and fasting with the intention of establishing peace and stability in Syria, the Middle East and the world – said the statement sent to Fides Agency – we ask all Catholic bishops to invite their faithful sons and daughters to fast together with all people of good will in the world so that the suffering of millions of men comes to an end and the destruction caused by violence ceases".
In his speech at the meeting on the conditions of Arab Christians convened by the Hashemite Monarchy (Amman, 3-4 September), Patriarch Sako had repeated that many Christians prefer to leave the countries of the Middle East also because "they feel threatened" and "feel treated as second-class citizens". (GV) (Agenzia Fides 05/09/2013)
- 2014-04-16 - Chaldean Patriarch Sako's Easter Message, with a thought to the elections
- 2014-04-09 - Death of the Chaldean Patriarch emeritus Emmanuel III Delly.
- 2014-04-07 - Chaldean League: debate on the statutes and internal organization has begun
- 2014-04-04 - A special prayer for the elections will be recited in all the Chaldean churches
- 2014-03-27 - UN Mission in Iraq: without respect for minorities, there is no democracy
- 2014-03-24 - The Heads of Churches to all Christians: let us participate in the elections
- 2014-03-10 - The Chaldean Church in aid of displaced people of Fallujah and Ramadi
- 2014-03-03 - Political leader denounces: the lands of Christians who emigrated plundered with the complicity of corrupt officials
- 2014-02-26 - ASIA/IRAQ – Iraq’s Catholic Bishops insist: we must react to the violence destroying our nation
- 2014-02-24 - Patriarch Sako: A Lenten Season of fasting and prayer that Christians in Iraq will not emigrate