ASIA/IRAQ - The Chaldean Church prays and fasts for peace together with Pope Francis
Baghdad ( Agenzia Fides) - The Patriarch of Babylon of the Chaldeans Louis Raphael I Sako calls on the Chaldean Church and all Iraqis to share a day of fasting and prayer for Syria convened by Pope Francis for Saturday, September 7. "In solidarity with the desire of Pope Francis and his invitation to dedicate next Saturday, September 7 to prayer and fasting with the intention of establishing peace and stability in Syria, the Middle East and the world – said the statement sent to Fides Agency – we ask all Catholic bishops to invite their faithful sons and daughters to fast together with all people of good will in the world so that the suffering of millions of men comes to an end and the destruction caused by violence ceases".
In his speech at the meeting on the conditions of Arab Christians convened by the Hashemite Monarchy (Amman, 3-4 September), Patriarch Sako had repeated that many Christians prefer to leave the countries of the Middle East also because "they feel threatened" and "feel treated as second-class citizens". (GV) (Agenzia Fides 05/09/2013)
- 2014-08-22 - Cardinal Fernando Filoni: my mission among the sufferings of the Iraqi brothers
- 2014-08-20 - Barzani: ready to arm Christian volunteers
- 2014-07-31 - Mosul, signs of revolt against the "Islamic Caliphate". Bishop Nona: So far no church has been destroyed
- 2014-07-26 - ASIA/IRAQ – Pope Francis calls the Chaldean Patriarch. Rumors about the destruction of churches in Mosul have been denied
- 2014-07-23 - Iraqi Bishops appeal to the Prime Minister and the government: "stop the catastrophe"
- 2014-07-23 - The jihadists of the "Caliphate" attack Tilkif, rejected by Kurdish Peshmerga
- 2014-07-22 - Last exodus from Mosul: nearly three thousand Christians
- 2014-07-21 - ASIA/IRAQ – The Syrian Monastery of Mar Behnam in the hands of the militia of the "Islamic Caliphate"
- 2014-07-18 - The last Christian families leave Mosul
- 2014-07-16 - In Mosul, the Islamic Caliphate orders: no aid to Christians and Shiites, while their homes are being expropriated