ASIA/IRAQ - The Chaldean Church prays and fasts for peace together with Pope Francis
Baghdad ( Agenzia Fides) - The Patriarch of Babylon of the Chaldeans Louis Raphael I Sako calls on the Chaldean Church and all Iraqis to share a day of fasting and prayer for Syria convened by Pope Francis for Saturday, September 7. "In solidarity with the desire of Pope Francis and his invitation to dedicate next Saturday, September 7 to prayer and fasting with the intention of establishing peace and stability in Syria, the Middle East and the world – said the statement sent to Fides Agency – we ask all Catholic bishops to invite their faithful sons and daughters to fast together with all people of good will in the world so that the suffering of millions of men comes to an end and the destruction caused by violence ceases".
In his speech at the meeting on the conditions of Arab Christians convened by the Hashemite Monarchy (Amman, 3-4 September), Patriarch Sako had repeated that many Christians prefer to leave the countries of the Middle East also because "they feel threatened" and "feel treated as second-class citizens". (GV) (Agenzia Fides 05/09/2013)
- 2015-05-15 - The Chaldean Patriarch visits Tehran: "The Iranian government supports the people and the government of Iraq"
- 2015-05-04 - Chaldean Patriarch opens discussion on the draft Constitution for the Iraqi Kurdistan Region
- 2015-05-02 - Military offensive to free the province of Nineveh. Chaldean priest: "Christians want to return to their homes"
- 2015-04-13 - Northern Iraq's displaced get own radio station
- 2015-03-30 - The Chaldean Church participates in the mourning for the death of Assyrian Patriarch Mar Dinkha IV
- 2015-03-28 - Chaldean Patriarch to the UN: the "Arab Spring" impacted negatively on Christians
- 2015-03-16 - Chaldean Patriarch: a law against preachers who incite violence is needed
- 2015-03-12 - The monastery of St. George in Mosul damaged, but not destroyed
- 2015-03-10 - Appeal of the Chaldean Patriarch: the offensive against the Caliphate causes new humanitarian emergencies
- 2015-02-24 - ASIA/IRAQ – Courses to start soon at Erbil Catholic University