ASIA/IRAQ - The Chaldean Church prays and fasts for peace together with Pope Francis
Baghdad ( Agenzia Fides) - The Patriarch of Babylon of the Chaldeans Louis Raphael I Sako calls on the Chaldean Church and all Iraqis to share a day of fasting and prayer for Syria convened by Pope Francis for Saturday, September 7. "In solidarity with the desire of Pope Francis and his invitation to dedicate next Saturday, September 7 to prayer and fasting with the intention of establishing peace and stability in Syria, the Middle East and the world – said the statement sent to Fides Agency – we ask all Catholic bishops to invite their faithful sons and daughters to fast together with all people of good will in the world so that the suffering of millions of men comes to an end and the destruction caused by violence ceases".
In his speech at the meeting on the conditions of Arab Christians convened by the Hashemite Monarchy (Amman, 3-4 September), Patriarch Sako had repeated that many Christians prefer to leave the countries of the Middle East also because "they feel threatened" and "feel treated as second-class citizens". (GV) (Agenzia Fides 05/09/2013)
- 2015-07-23 - Also in Kirkuk expropriation of Christian homes
- 2015-07-22 - The government orders the transfer of the military of the Nineveh Plain to Baghdad; Christian politicians protest
- 2015-07-14 - The Chaldean Church of St. Joseph in Mosul transformed into a mosque
- 2015-07-10 - In Baghdad, Christians kidnapped and killed despite the payment of ransom
- 2015-07-03 - The founding conference of the Chaldean League has concluded
- 2015-07-01 - An international conference in Erbil to found the "League of the Chaldeans"
- 2015-06-18 - Chaldean Patriarch sends a message to Muslims for the start of Ramadan
- 2015-06-13 - Thousands of Christian homes taken by deception
- 2015-06-10 - Chaldean Patriarch: a year after the fall of Mosul, only national reconciliation can save the country
- 2015-05-15 - The Chaldean Patriarch visits Tehran: "The Iranian government supports the people and the government of Iraq"