ASIA/HOLY LAND - The Bishops of Holy Land: let us pray and fast in every parish for peace in Syria
Jerusalem ( Agenzia Fides) - The Assembly of Ordinary Catholics of Holy Land has expressed active support for the day of prayer and fasting for peace in Syria for Saturday, September 7 proclaimed by Pope Francis. In a statement sent to Fides Agency, the body of Catholic bishops of Holy Land has expressed the hope that "every Ordinary in his diocese, eparchy or exarchate, every parish priest in his parish and his parishioners, every superior of religious Institutes, can organize the day in the most appropriate way", in the hope that "the echo of prayers that rise from our lips may cover the sound of war drum" (GV) (Agenzia Fides 03/09/2013)
- 2015-01-14 - The Bishops' Holy Land Coordination visit the Cremisan Valley
- 2015-01-12 - International Delegation of Bishops visit Gaza; for Archbishop Fontana "a devastated situation"
- 2015-01-07 - International Delegation of Bishops to visit Gaza
- 2014-12-22 - Patriarch Twal visits Gaza: "today for many refugee children it would be a luxury to live in the grotto where Jesus was born"
- 2014-12-18 - Christmas Message of His Beatitude Patriarch Twal: tragedies and hopes of a difficult year
- 2014-12-02 - Cremisan case: Palestinian mayors and Catholic organizations reject the alternatives proposed by the Israeli government
- 2014-11-21 - Children without citizenship: the question of Palestinian children not registered reopens
- 2014-11-20 - Thousands of children from Gaza are disabled because of wars
- 2014-11-19 - Representatives of all religions visit the synagogue attacked. Patriarch Twal: No more violence in places of worship
- 2014-11-18 - Latin Patriarch Twal after the attack against the synagogue in Jerusalem: stop the endless spiral of revenge