ASIA/HOLY LAND - The Bishops of Holy Land: let us pray and fast in every parish for peace in Syria
Jerusalem ( Agenzia Fides) - The Assembly of Ordinary Catholics of Holy Land has expressed active support for the day of prayer and fasting for peace in Syria for Saturday, September 7 proclaimed by Pope Francis. In a statement sent to Fides Agency, the body of Catholic bishops of Holy Land has expressed the hope that "every Ordinary in his diocese, eparchy or exarchate, every parish priest in his parish and his parishioners, every superior of religious Institutes, can organize the day in the most appropriate way", in the hope that "the echo of prayers that rise from our lips may cover the sound of war drum" (GV) (Agenzia Fides 03/09/2013)
- 2015-03-23 - Palestinian President invited to the canonization on 17 May
- 2015-03-12 - The Catholic Bishops: necessity to rebuild Gaza, support schools, help refugees and immigrants
- 2015-03-09 - Liturgy at the Holy Sepulchre to commemorate the Armenian Genocide
- 2015-02-26 - Arson attack against the Orthodox Theological Seminary in Jerusalem
- 2015-02-12 - Palestinian Mayors: the Wall in the Cremisan Valley will suffocate the presence of Christians
- 2015-01-14 - The Bishops' Holy Land Coordination visit the Cremisan Valley
- 2015-01-12 - International Delegation of Bishops visit Gaza; for Archbishop Fontana "a devastated situation"
- 2015-01-07 - International Delegation of Bishops to visit Gaza
- 2014-12-22 - Patriarch Twal visits Gaza: "today for many refugee children it would be a luxury to live in the grotto where Jesus was born"
- 2014-12-18 - Christmas Message of His Beatitude Patriarch Twal: tragedies and hopes of a difficult year