ASIA/HOLY LAND - The Discalced Carmelites: prayer for peace, with Syria in our hearts
Haifa (Agenzia Fides) - The Discalced Carmelite Sisters of the Holy Land, cloistered nuns, welcome "with intense participation" Pope Francis’ appeal in a special prayer for peace in Syria. When contacted by Fides Agency, Sister Angela, Superior of the Convent of Discalced Carmelites in Haifa, explains: "We heard the Pope’s appeal, which impressed and deeply moved us, especially when he says, 'from the bottom of my being'. We welcome the strong words of Pope Francis with attention and active participation. Syria is in our hearts and we will continue to pray incessantly for peace. We will fully be united to the Pope. We will pray, according to the recommendations of our Bishops of the Holy Land, simultaneously with the prayer vigil on Saturday, September 7 in St. Peter's Square.
We pray and hope that the Lord will enlighten the minds of decision-makers, of those who have in their hands the destiny of nations. It is still possible to stop the war and build peace in Syria".
"We nuns, as praying souls of the Church - says Sister Angela – carry the world, all the current events in our heart. Our mission is to pray so that everything is oriented towards God. As St. Teresina said: In the heart of the Church, my Mother, I will be love. War is not according to God. Often we here in Israel are under tension of an imminent war. We fast, pray and hope for peace in the Middle East". (PA) (Agenzia Fides 02/09/2013)
- 2014-11-21 - Children without citizenship: the question of Palestinian children not registered reopens
- 2014-11-20 - Thousands of children from Gaza are disabled because of wars
- 2014-11-19 - Representatives of all religions visit the synagogue attacked. Patriarch Twal: No more violence in places of worship
- 2014-11-18 - Latin Patriarch Twal after the attack against the synagogue in Jerusalem: stop the endless spiral of revenge
- 2014-11-11 - The Heads of Churches in Jerusalem visit the Esplanade of the Mosques
- 2014-11-07 - The Heads of Churches: no one must violate the "status quo" on the Holy Sites of Jerusalem
- 2014-11-06 - Two future Saints for the Holy Land
- 2014-10-24 - Ecology, "common ground" for the three Abrahamic religions
- 2014-09-26 - U.S. Bishops: even the barrier Wall and the new colonies close the door to peace
- 2014-09-23 - Water emergency in Gaza, initiatives of AGIRE network