ASIA/HOLY LAND - The Discalced Carmelites: prayer for peace, with Syria in our hearts
Haifa (Agenzia Fides) - The Discalced Carmelite Sisters of the Holy Land, cloistered nuns, welcome "with intense participation" Pope Francis’ appeal in a special prayer for peace in Syria. When contacted by Fides Agency, Sister Angela, Superior of the Convent of Discalced Carmelites in Haifa, explains: "We heard the Pope’s appeal, which impressed and deeply moved us, especially when he says, 'from the bottom of my being'. We welcome the strong words of Pope Francis with attention and active participation. Syria is in our hearts and we will continue to pray incessantly for peace. We will fully be united to the Pope. We will pray, according to the recommendations of our Bishops of the Holy Land, simultaneously with the prayer vigil on Saturday, September 7 in St. Peter's Square.
We pray and hope that the Lord will enlighten the minds of decision-makers, of those who have in their hands the destiny of nations. It is still possible to stop the war and build peace in Syria".
"We nuns, as praying souls of the Church - says Sister Angela – carry the world, all the current events in our heart. Our mission is to pray so that everything is oriented towards God. As St. Teresina said: In the heart of the Church, my Mother, I will be love. War is not according to God. Often we here in Israel are under tension of an imminent war. We fast, pray and hope for peace in the Middle East". (PA) (Agenzia Fides 02/09/2013)
- 2015-03-23 - Palestinian President invited to the canonization on 17 May
- 2015-03-12 - The Catholic Bishops: necessity to rebuild Gaza, support schools, help refugees and immigrants
- 2015-03-09 - Liturgy at the Holy Sepulchre to commemorate the Armenian Genocide
- 2015-02-26 - Arson attack against the Orthodox Theological Seminary in Jerusalem
- 2015-02-12 - Palestinian Mayors: the Wall in the Cremisan Valley will suffocate the presence of Christians
- 2015-01-14 - The Bishops' Holy Land Coordination visit the Cremisan Valley
- 2015-01-12 - International Delegation of Bishops visit Gaza; for Archbishop Fontana "a devastated situation"
- 2015-01-07 - International Delegation of Bishops to visit Gaza
- 2014-12-22 - Patriarch Twal visits Gaza: "today for many refugee children it would be a luxury to live in the grotto where Jesus was born"
- 2014-12-18 - Christmas Message of His Beatitude Patriarch Twal: tragedies and hopes of a difficult year