ASIA/HOLY LAND - The Discalced Carmelites: prayer for peace, with Syria in our hearts
Haifa (Agenzia Fides) - The Discalced Carmelite Sisters of the Holy Land, cloistered nuns, welcome "with intense participation" Pope Francis’ appeal in a special prayer for peace in Syria. When contacted by Fides Agency, Sister Angela, Superior of the Convent of Discalced Carmelites in Haifa, explains: "We heard the Pope’s appeal, which impressed and deeply moved us, especially when he says, 'from the bottom of my being'. We welcome the strong words of Pope Francis with attention and active participation. Syria is in our hearts and we will continue to pray incessantly for peace. We will fully be united to the Pope. We will pray, according to the recommendations of our Bishops of the Holy Land, simultaneously with the prayer vigil on Saturday, September 7 in St. Peter's Square.
We pray and hope that the Lord will enlighten the minds of decision-makers, of those who have in their hands the destiny of nations. It is still possible to stop the war and build peace in Syria".
"We nuns, as praying souls of the Church - says Sister Angela – carry the world, all the current events in our heart. Our mission is to pray so that everything is oriented towards God. As St. Teresina said: In the heart of the Church, my Mother, I will be love. War is not according to God. Often we here in Israel are under tension of an imminent war. We fast, pray and hope for peace in the Middle East". (PA) (Agenzia Fides 02/09/2013)
- 2015-10-08 - Child malnutrition in Gaza: Caritas Jerusalem intervenes
- 2015-10-07 - The Latin Patriarchate: Israel and Palestine have to restart the negotiations
- 2015-10-02 - Prince Hassan of Jordan: "human safekeeping" for Christians in the Middle East is needed
- 2015-10-01 - Monastery of Bethlehem set on fire, Palestinian President calls the Maronite Patriarch
- 2015-09-30 - Fire at the Maronite monastery of Bethlehem: there is fear of retaliation for personal reasons
- 2015-09-21 - The Heads of Churches in Jerusalem condemn the violence at the Temple Mount
- 2015-09-18 - The European Bishops: a "proper solution" is needed for the Cremisan case
- 2015-09-04 - "The last nail in Bethlehem’s coffin": A dossier on the Cremisan wall
- 2015-08-29 - A year after the last war, the kindergarten of the Latin parish in Gaza has been renovated
- 2015-08-27 - Christian schools: "positive" meeting with President Rivlin. But the crisis remains open