AFRICA/CONGO DR - "17 artillery shells fired on Goma" denounce the Congolese NGOs
Kinshasa ( Agenzia Fides ) - "A total of 17 artillery shells were fired on civilian targets, which resulted in loss of life, severe damage to property and a generalized fear in the popular areas of Goma", said a statement sent to Fides Agency by Réseau National des ONGs des Droits de l'Homme de la République Démocratique du Congo (RENADHOC) .
The association of Congolese NGOs says it is "deeply concerned about the escalation of violence caused by the renewed fighting in North Kivu province, caused by the negative force M23 with the support of Rwanda.
This escalation is demonstrated by the bombing of four consecutive days, on the town of Munigi and Kanyaruchinya as well as the city of Goma".
"The artillery fire – continues the statement - were fired from the territory of Rwanda, from the towns of Mukamira, Iugero in the region of Rubavu, as well as Mahuku".
Recalling that the Special Representative of the UN Secretary General says that these bombings are war crimes, the RENADHOC appeals to the Human Rights Council of the United Nations "to urgently examine the issue in the ordinary session in September so that severe sanctions are taken against Rwanda and to the advantage of the population of North Kivu, the victim of two decades of bloody and inhuman occupation". (L.M.) (Agenzia Fides 30/08/2013)
- 2015-11-27 - The Bishops: "Stop shedding the blood of the Congolese"
- 2015-11-19 - Open discussion on the mission in Africa 50 years after the "Ad Gentes" apostolic decree
- 2015-11-16 - The Bishops: "National dialogue must respect the Constitution"
- 2015-11-05 - Civil society: "There are foreign jihadists in our region despite what the UN says"
- 2015-11-04 - Kidnappings: new plague in North Kivu: more than 600 seizures since the beginning of the year
- 2015-10-30 - Lack of funds put the elections at risk
- 2015-10-22 - Catholic Bishops disassociate from choice of presidency candidate for Independent National Election Commission
- 2015-10-21 - Three years after the disappearance of the three Congolese Assumptionists, no word on their fate
- 2015-10-20 - Religious confessions announce the rapid appointment of the new head of the Electoral Commission
- 2015-10-12 - Concern for the resignation of the President of the Independent Electoral Commission