AFRICA/CONGO DR - "17 artillery shells fired on Goma" denounce the Congolese NGOs
Kinshasa ( Agenzia Fides ) - "A total of 17 artillery shells were fired on civilian targets, which resulted in loss of life, severe damage to property and a generalized fear in the popular areas of Goma", said a statement sent to Fides Agency by Réseau National des ONGs des Droits de l'Homme de la République Démocratique du Congo (RENADHOC) .
The association of Congolese NGOs says it is "deeply concerned about the escalation of violence caused by the renewed fighting in North Kivu province, caused by the negative force M23 with the support of Rwanda.
This escalation is demonstrated by the bombing of four consecutive days, on the town of Munigi and Kanyaruchinya as well as the city of Goma".
"The artillery fire – continues the statement - were fired from the territory of Rwanda, from the towns of Mukamira, Iugero in the region of Rubavu, as well as Mahuku".
Recalling that the Special Representative of the UN Secretary General says that these bombings are war crimes, the RENADHOC appeals to the Human Rights Council of the United Nations "to urgently examine the issue in the ordinary session in September so that severe sanctions are taken against Rwanda and to the advantage of the population of North Kivu, the victim of two decades of bloody and inhuman occupation". (L.M.) (Agenzia Fides 30/08/2013)
- 2013-11-22 AFRICA/CONGO DR - "President, reinforce the presence of the State" is what civil society in North Kivu asks Kabila
- 2013-11-15 AFRICA/CONGO DR - Still instability in North Kivu: new attacks against civilians
- 2013-11-14 AFRICA/CONGO DR - The social market economy at the service of the individual and the community
- 2013-11-13 AFRICA/CONGO DR - Rwandan military deployed 3 km from Goma, civil society denounces
- 2013-11-12 AFRICA/DR CONGO - Catholics and Anglicans together for peace in the Great Lakes
- 2013-11-06 AFRICA/CONGO DR - The defeat of the M23: a historic victory for the Congolese army
- 2013-11-05 AFRICA/DR CONGO - The M23 surrenders but first bombards civilians, accuse local sources
- 2013-11-04 AFRICA/CONGO DR - The defeat of the M23 seems likely but there are 40 other armed groups in North Kivu
- 2013-10-28 AFRICA/CONGO DR - M23 : "There are several mass graves in addition to those already found" denounces civil society
- 2013-10-25 AFRICA/CONGO DR - Fighting between the army and M23 have resumed