AFRICA/CONGO DR - "17 artillery shells fired on Goma" denounce the Congolese NGOs
Kinshasa ( Agenzia Fides ) - "A total of 17 artillery shells were fired on civilian targets, which resulted in loss of life, severe damage to property and a generalized fear in the popular areas of Goma", said a statement sent to Fides Agency by Réseau National des ONGs des Droits de l'Homme de la République Démocratique du Congo (RENADHOC) .
The association of Congolese NGOs says it is "deeply concerned about the escalation of violence caused by the renewed fighting in North Kivu province, caused by the negative force M23 with the support of Rwanda.
This escalation is demonstrated by the bombing of four consecutive days, on the town of Munigi and Kanyaruchinya as well as the city of Goma".
"The artillery fire – continues the statement - were fired from the territory of Rwanda, from the towns of Mukamira, Iugero in the region of Rubavu, as well as Mahuku".
Recalling that the Special Representative of the UN Secretary General says that these bombings are war crimes, the RENADHOC appeals to the Human Rights Council of the United Nations "to urgently examine the issue in the ordinary session in September so that severe sanctions are taken against Rwanda and to the advantage of the population of North Kivu, the victim of two decades of bloody and inhuman occupation". (L.M.) (Agenzia Fides 30/08/2013)
- 2014-11-26 - The massacres in Beni: carried out by a criminal network made up of guerrillas and corrupt military
- 2014-11-25 - AFRICA/DR CONGO – The Bishops: "Violence against women is a crime against humanity"
- 2014-11-24 - Another massacre in North Kivu: 200 people were killed in the area in October
- 2014-11-19 - Ebola: No new cases registered in the Country
- 2014-11-17 - Stop to minerals of war: appeal to the European Union so that it strengthen controls
- 2014-11-07 - "We want thorough investigation into the violence against the clergy in Lodja" asks civil society
- 2014-11-05 - New massacres in Beni, the people are exasperated and protest in the streets
- 2014-11-03 - Constitutional Amendment: Kinshasa looks at what is happening in Ouagadougou
- 2014-10-28 - A Congolese priest has disappeared for three weeks in Ituri
- 2014-10-27 - The debate on the constitutional reform creates a power vacuum and emphasizes the political instability