AFRICA/CONGO DR - "17 artillery shells fired on Goma" denounce the Congolese NGOs
Kinshasa ( Agenzia Fides ) - "A total of 17 artillery shells were fired on civilian targets, which resulted in loss of life, severe damage to property and a generalized fear in the popular areas of Goma", said a statement sent to Fides Agency by Réseau National des ONGs des Droits de l'Homme de la République Démocratique du Congo (RENADHOC) .
The association of Congolese NGOs says it is "deeply concerned about the escalation of violence caused by the renewed fighting in North Kivu province, caused by the negative force M23 with the support of Rwanda.
This escalation is demonstrated by the bombing of four consecutive days, on the town of Munigi and Kanyaruchinya as well as the city of Goma".
"The artillery fire – continues the statement - were fired from the territory of Rwanda, from the towns of Mukamira, Iugero in the region of Rubavu, as well as Mahuku".
Recalling that the Special Representative of the UN Secretary General says that these bombings are war crimes, the RENADHOC appeals to the Human Rights Council of the United Nations "to urgently examine the issue in the ordinary session in September so that severe sanctions are taken against Rwanda and to the advantage of the population of North Kivu, the victim of two decades of bloody and inhuman occupation". (L.M.) (Agenzia Fides 30/08/2013)
- 2014-07-28 - It is necessary to vaccinate children against measles
- 2014-07-10 - Appeal of Caritas: "Help us bring home more than 2,400 people expelled from Brazzaville"
- 2014-07-07 - The army and the UN did not intervene to stop the massacre in Mutarule, HRW denounces
- 2014-07-02 - The Bishops recall "the sacred duty to protect the nation and preserve peace"
- 2014-06-26 - Emergency continues for girls accused of witchcraft
- 2014-06-25 - "Address the problem of Rwandan Hutu militias once and for all" ask the missionaries
- 2014-06-17 - The Congolese doctor who helps victims of sexual violence:"rape is a weapon of mass destruction"
- 2014-06-13 - Clashes at the border with Rwanda: Civil society calls for the intervention of the international community
- 2014-06-12 - Massacre in South Kivu: it is not land conflict but clash among local politicians
- 2014-06-09 - Appeal for the release of 900 hostages, including three Assumptionist fathers kidnapped in 2012