ASIA/CHINA - Chinese Catholic community: the fruits of an intense pastoral summer
Shi Jia Zhuang ( Agenzia Fides) - The Sacraments of Christian initiation, the missionary mandate given to readers, extraordinary ministers and students, are the result of the pastoral summer which has just ended, of the Catholic community in mainland China.
From the information Fides collected, we point out some interesting missionary pastoral initiatives in Mainland China.
In past days a solemn celebration was held in the cathedral of the Diocese of Tian Jin, during which the sacrament of Christian initiation to 150 catechumens aged between 91 to 12 was conferred, the Sacrament of Confirmation to 19 young people, and 12 children did their first holy communion. During the same ceremony, 23 young readers and extraordinary ministers of the Word received the missionary mandate for the year 2013-2014 from the bishop.
Mgr. Joseph Li Lian Gui, Bishop of the Diocese of Xian Xian (today Cang Zhou ) conferred the Sacrament of Confirmation to hundreds of young people, and the first communion to about fifty children of the parish of Fan Ga, with the participation of two thousand faithful at the conclusion of the pastoral summer .
The Diocese of Min Bei of Fu Jian province on August 17 ended the summer camp regarding 60 university students with the theme "It is nice to be here".
The Diocese of Ji Ning of Inner Mongolia organized a summer camp for about thirty university students. According to the priest and nuns, who organized it, the purpose of the camp was to give spiritual force to young people. (NZ) (Agenzia Fides 30/08/2013)
- 2014-10-08 - Mgr. Giovanni Chrysostom Lan Shi, an apostle of the youth
- 2014-10-08 - Msg. Giovanni Battista Wang Jin’s particular commitment to priestly vocations
- 2014-09-26 - A hundred days dedicated to the formation of young people in the diocese of Xian Xian
- 2014-09-25 - Born into a family of martyrs, Fr. Bonaventura De Li Chong has died, a witness of the Gospel and the life of charity
- 2014-09-16 - ASIA/CHINA – Death of Archbishop Giuseppe Wu, zealous shepherd dedicated to formation of seminarians and women religious
- 2014-09-16 - “The mission of priests today”: cultural sharing in Taiwan for a group of priests from He Bei
- 2014-09-06 - Celebration of the sacraments and missionary mandate after Summer catechism courses
- 2014-07-23 - Too much time wasted in front of a computer or on cell phones, too little to read the Bible
- 2014-07-16 - Formation, communion and sharing: the Catholic community committed to summer camps for children
- 2014-06-09 - Baptisms and confirmations on the Solemnity of Pentecost, a new impetus to mission