ASIA/CHINA - Chinese Catholic community: the fruits of an intense pastoral summer
Shi Jia Zhuang ( Agenzia Fides) - The Sacraments of Christian initiation, the missionary mandate given to readers, extraordinary ministers and students, are the result of the pastoral summer which has just ended, of the Catholic community in mainland China.
From the information Fides collected, we point out some interesting missionary pastoral initiatives in Mainland China.
In past days a solemn celebration was held in the cathedral of the Diocese of Tian Jin, during which the sacrament of Christian initiation to 150 catechumens aged between 91 to 12 was conferred, the Sacrament of Confirmation to 19 young people, and 12 children did their first holy communion. During the same ceremony, 23 young readers and extraordinary ministers of the Word received the missionary mandate for the year 2013-2014 from the bishop.
Mgr. Joseph Li Lian Gui, Bishop of the Diocese of Xian Xian (today Cang Zhou ) conferred the Sacrament of Confirmation to hundreds of young people, and the first communion to about fifty children of the parish of Fan Ga, with the participation of two thousand faithful at the conclusion of the pastoral summer .
The Diocese of Min Bei of Fu Jian province on August 17 ended the summer camp regarding 60 university students with the theme "It is nice to be here".
The Diocese of Ji Ning of Inner Mongolia organized a summer camp for about thirty university students. According to the priest and nuns, who organized it, the purpose of the camp was to give spiritual force to young people. (NZ) (Agenzia Fides 30/08/2013)
- 2015-06-19 - Priestly ordinations: To serve the Church and become witness of faith
- 2015-06-11 - Five years of continuous Eucharistic adoration have strengthened faith and mission
- 2015-06-02 - Study Seminar to improve the collaboration between the Catholic Church and Chinese society
- 2015-05-26 - Pentecost of the Chinese community, on the Day of Prayer for China
- 2015-05-13 - An exhibition of historical objects commemorates the pioneers of the mission in the Year of Consecrated Life
- 2015-05-06 - In the month of Mary: pilgrimage to enrich faith, respecting environment, recalling the commitment missionary
- 2015-04-17 - Catholic communities towards the Jubilee of Mercy
- 2015-03-24 - The Chinese Catholic community towards Easter
- 2015-03-17 - Even the "24 hours for the Lord" in the Lenten journey of the Chinese Catholics
- 2015-03-10 - The Bishop of Jing Xian highlights the need to give authentic Christian witness