ASIA/CHINA - Chinese Catholic community: the fruits of an intense pastoral summer
Shi Jia Zhuang ( Agenzia Fides) - The Sacraments of Christian initiation, the missionary mandate given to readers, extraordinary ministers and students, are the result of the pastoral summer which has just ended, of the Catholic community in mainland China.
From the information Fides collected, we point out some interesting missionary pastoral initiatives in Mainland China.
In past days a solemn celebration was held in the cathedral of the Diocese of Tian Jin, during which the sacrament of Christian initiation to 150 catechumens aged between 91 to 12 was conferred, the Sacrament of Confirmation to 19 young people, and 12 children did their first holy communion. During the same ceremony, 23 young readers and extraordinary ministers of the Word received the missionary mandate for the year 2013-2014 from the bishop.
Mgr. Joseph Li Lian Gui, Bishop of the Diocese of Xian Xian (today Cang Zhou ) conferred the Sacrament of Confirmation to hundreds of young people, and the first communion to about fifty children of the parish of Fan Ga, with the participation of two thousand faithful at the conclusion of the pastoral summer .
The Diocese of Min Bei of Fu Jian province on August 17 ended the summer camp regarding 60 university students with the theme "It is nice to be here".
The Diocese of Ji Ning of Inner Mongolia organized a summer camp for about thirty university students. According to the priest and nuns, who organized it, the purpose of the camp was to give spiritual force to young people. (NZ) (Agenzia Fides 30/08/2013)
- 2014-03-27 - Death of Mgr. Joseph Fan Zhongliang, Bishop of Shanghai: always committed to serving the Church in spite of great difficulties
- 2014-03-27 - The Archdiocese of Xi An makes a pilgrimage to the Marian Shrine of Hu Xian for the Annunciation
- 2014-03-18 - Priests and nuns in the most remote villages to help the faithful live Lent
- 2014-03-07 - The women of Zi Gong: active in the Church and in society, following the example of Mary
- 2014-03-04 - ASIA/CHINA – The formation of the laity in view of Lent intensifies
- 2014-02-27 - ASIA/CHINA – Eucharistic adoration and sobriety: message from Han Dan diocese for the new year
- 2014-02-19 - Formation: priority commitment of the Catholic community for the new year
- 2014-02-12 - 2014 "Year of the Gospel" in the parish of Xi Liu Lin
- 2014-01-30 - Chinese New Year: opportunity for vocational pastoral ministry and evangelization
- 2014-01-28 - 25 years of priesthood for some of the first priests ordained after the Cultural Revolution