ASIA/SYRIA - The prayers of Aleppo so that the international military intervention is avoided
Aleppo (Agenzia Fides) - "Here people live in uncertainty and are suffering, but no one expects the release from bombs and missiles of an outside military intervention. Even for me it would be madness to carry out acts of war by raising the banner of peace. Everybody prays so that there is no intervention, and hopes in the return of peace". This is how pastor David Fernandez, a Catholic missionary of the Institute of the Incarnate Word, describes to Fides Agency the reaction of the faithful of Aleppo with regards to the rumors about an imminent attack against army positions of Assad by foreign forces. Fr. David says that Aleppo is again described as a city under siege of the rebel militias, where "bakeries are closed because there is no flour to make bread" while one cannot sleep day or night because of the roar of clashes and bombings taking place in the outlying suburbs. In all of this – adds Fr. David -"many people carry their cross with faith and courage, asking God for the gift of peace, the only one to whom they still entrust their hopes". In August, in the besieged Aleppo, at the Catholic parish of the Latin rite spiritual retreats for young people, for nuns and mothers were preached, now the special retreats are for priests of different rites. (GV) (Agenzia Fides 29/08/2013 ).
- 2014-12-05 - Melkite Patriarch Grégoire III: al Azhar Conference “fundamental event”. Islamist ideology harms both Christians and Muslims
- 2014-12-01 - Civil war is causing the loss of a generation of children
- 2014-11-15 - 25 Christian families still in Raqqa. Obligation to pay a "protection tax"
- 2014-11-14 - Archbishop Hindo: if the US attack the Syrian army, we will have a second Libya
- 2014-11-12 - Negotiations for a truce in Aleppo. Bishop Abou Khazen: it is only useful if it brings us closer to true peace
- 2014-10-30 - The Catholic Syrian Bishops: if the world wants to help us, stop sending us weapons!
- 2014-10-13 - The five Christians of the Orontes Valley, who were still being held by jihadists, have been released
- 2014-10-10 - Five Christians of the Orontes Valley still held by Islamic jihadists
- 2014-10-09 - Father Jallouf Hanna has been released
- 2014-10-09 - ASIA/SYRIA – The four women abducted along with Father Hanna have been released; no message from the kidnappers