ASIA/SYRIA - The prayers of Aleppo so that the international military intervention is avoided
Aleppo (Agenzia Fides) - "Here people live in uncertainty and are suffering, but no one expects the release from bombs and missiles of an outside military intervention. Even for me it would be madness to carry out acts of war by raising the banner of peace. Everybody prays so that there is no intervention, and hopes in the return of peace". This is how pastor David Fernandez, a Catholic missionary of the Institute of the Incarnate Word, describes to Fides Agency the reaction of the faithful of Aleppo with regards to the rumors about an imminent attack against army positions of Assad by foreign forces. Fr. David says that Aleppo is again described as a city under siege of the rebel militias, where "bakeries are closed because there is no flour to make bread" while one cannot sleep day or night because of the roar of clashes and bombings taking place in the outlying suburbs. In all of this – adds Fr. David -"many people carry their cross with faith and courage, asking God for the gift of peace, the only one to whom they still entrust their hopes". In August, in the besieged Aleppo, at the Catholic parish of the Latin rite spiritual retreats for young people, for nuns and mothers were preached, now the special retreats are for priests of different rites. (GV) (Agenzia Fides 29/08/2013 ).
- 2015-07-21 - Archbishop Hindo becomes "almost-mayor" of Hassaké
- 2015-07-20 - Armenians and Kurds fight together against the jihadists in Hassaké
- 2015-07-17 - Archbishop Antiba confirms the kidnapping of Father Antoine Boutros and his collaborator
- 2015-07-16 - A Melkite priest in the Syrian province of al-Suwayda missing. A kidnapping is feared
- 2015-07-07 - Cautious hopes for the release of the Franciscan parish priest taken away by jihadists
- 2015-06-30 - Thousands of Christian families fleeing Hassakè. Archbishop Hindo: jihadists have found support in the local population
- 2015-06-26 - ASIA/SYRIA – Mass escape from Hassaké, attacked by the jihadists of Daesh. Bishop Audo: "the agenda" of the forces is not clear
- 2015-06-24 - Jihadist attacks in Hassaké. Archbishop Hindo: "they are a sign of weakness and desperation"
- 2015-06-16 - The central districts of Aleppo attacked by rebels
- 2015-06-15 - Patriarchs and Bishops of the Eastern Churches pray together for peace and commemorate the centenary of the "Assyrian Genocide" in Damascus