ASIA/SYRIA - The prayers of Aleppo so that the international military intervention is avoided
Aleppo (Agenzia Fides) - "Here people live in uncertainty and are suffering, but no one expects the release from bombs and missiles of an outside military intervention. Even for me it would be madness to carry out acts of war by raising the banner of peace. Everybody prays so that there is no intervention, and hopes in the return of peace". This is how pastor David Fernandez, a Catholic missionary of the Institute of the Incarnate Word, describes to Fides Agency the reaction of the faithful of Aleppo with regards to the rumors about an imminent attack against army positions of Assad by foreign forces. Fr. David says that Aleppo is again described as a city under siege of the rebel militias, where "bakeries are closed because there is no flour to make bread" while one cannot sleep day or night because of the roar of clashes and bombings taking place in the outlying suburbs. In all of this – adds Fr. David -"many people carry their cross with faith and courage, asking God for the gift of peace, the only one to whom they still entrust their hopes". In August, in the besieged Aleppo, at the Catholic parish of the Latin rite spiritual retreats for young people, for nuns and mothers were preached, now the special retreats are for priests of different rites. (GV) (Agenzia Fides 29/08/2013 ).
- 2015-04-17 - Christian Cemeteries vandalized in Mosul and in Galilee
- 2015-04-17 - The Syrian government dedicates a garden to the Martyrs of the Assyrian Genocide in the center of Damascus
- 2015-04-15 - The Heads of the Christian communities in Aleppo: is it the time of the Resurrection of the Savior or the funeral of his disciples?
- 2015-04-14 - Bombings on Christian neighborhoods in Aleppo, also two young Salesian animators killed
- 2015-04-09 - Caritas operator dies in the bombing in Aleppo
- 2015-04-01 - Idlib in the hands of jihadists. Orthodox priest kidnapped
- 2015-03-24 - The Islamic State shows a video of an Assyrian Christian who "converted" to Islam
- 2015-03-20 - Assyrian Bishop writes to the jihadists: our Church does not identify itself with any armed group
- 2015-03-18 - Catholic Bishops meet in Homs
- 2015-03-18 - Patriarch Gregoire III: "one is inconsiderate to invoke external military interventions to defend Christians in the Middle East"