ASIA/SYRIA - The prayers of Aleppo so that the international military intervention is avoided
Aleppo (Agenzia Fides) - "Here people live in uncertainty and are suffering, but no one expects the release from bombs and missiles of an outside military intervention. Even for me it would be madness to carry out acts of war by raising the banner of peace. Everybody prays so that there is no intervention, and hopes in the return of peace". This is how pastor David Fernandez, a Catholic missionary of the Institute of the Incarnate Word, describes to Fides Agency the reaction of the faithful of Aleppo with regards to the rumors about an imminent attack against army positions of Assad by foreign forces. Fr. David says that Aleppo is again described as a city under siege of the rebel militias, where "bakeries are closed because there is no flour to make bread" while one cannot sleep day or night because of the roar of clashes and bombings taking place in the outlying suburbs. In all of this – adds Fr. David -"many people carry their cross with faith and courage, asking God for the gift of peace, the only one to whom they still entrust their hopes". In August, in the besieged Aleppo, at the Catholic parish of the Latin rite spiritual retreats for young people, for nuns and mothers were preached, now the special retreats are for priests of different rites. (GV) (Agenzia Fides 29/08/2013 ).
- 2015-10-07 - Video released on the Christians in Qaryatayn who sign a "protection pact"
- 2015-10-02 - Archbishop Hindo " McCain’s disturbing words on anti-Assad rebels armed by the CIA"
- 2015-09-29 - Bishop Abou Khazen: the choices of the West on the Syrian conflict continue to be inconsiderate
- 2015-09-25 - The self-defense "Sotoro" militias shoot each other
- 2015-09-18 - The Marists in Aleppo: there is a risk of getting used to horror
- 2015-09-15 - Four Christians among the victims of the jihadist attack in Hassaké
- 2015-09-08 - Archbishop Hindo: the demands of the jihadists for the release of the Assyrian hostages are more accessible
- 2015-09-04 - Negotiations on the release of father Murad and 270 hostages, Christians and Muslims
- 2015-09-03 - A video and a letter from Father Jacques Murad, the prior of St. Elian kidnapped last May, has been released
- 2015-08-27 - A Syrian television documentary on the Assyrian Genocide projected in the presence of the Syrian Orthodox Patriarch