ASIA/CHINA - "Let us give a hand to fulfil the dream of study"
Wan Zhou (Agenzia Fides) - Twenty university students from poor families received financial aid on August 23 from the Diocese of Wan Zhou in Si Chuan province in mainland China. The initiative is part of the campaign "Let us give a hand to fulfill the dream of study" launched by the Catholic community of Wan Zhou, to give the opportunity of studying to poor children, adolescents and university students at the opening of the new school year, which begins on September 1.
As reported by Faith of He Bei, helping the poor is always the priority of the Catholic community. Recently, the diocese carried out a survey and a thorough investigation in the area, identifying the families who find it difficult to support their children’s school fees, and launched this campaign to help them. Until now, the diocese has delivered 200 thousand Yuan (equivalent to 30 thousand euro) to hundreds of children, adolescents and university students of districts and villages. (NZ) (Agenzia Fides 27/08/2013)
- 2015-06-19 - Priestly ordinations: To serve the Church and become witness of faith
- 2015-06-11 - Five years of continuous Eucharistic adoration have strengthened faith and mission
- 2015-06-02 - Study Seminar to improve the collaboration between the Catholic Church and Chinese society
- 2015-05-26 - Pentecost of the Chinese community, on the Day of Prayer for China
- 2015-05-13 - An exhibition of historical objects commemorates the pioneers of the mission in the Year of Consecrated Life
- 2015-05-06 - In the month of Mary: pilgrimage to enrich faith, respecting environment, recalling the commitment missionary
- 2015-04-17 - Catholic communities towards the Jubilee of Mercy
- 2015-03-24 - The Chinese Catholic community towards Easter
- 2015-03-17 - Even the "24 hours for the Lord" in the Lenten journey of the Chinese Catholics
- 2015-03-10 - The Bishop of Jing Xian highlights the need to give authentic Christian witness