ASIA/CHINA - "Let us give a hand to fulfil the dream of study"
Wan Zhou (Agenzia Fides) - Twenty university students from poor families received financial aid on August 23 from the Diocese of Wan Zhou in Si Chuan province in mainland China. The initiative is part of the campaign "Let us give a hand to fulfill the dream of study" launched by the Catholic community of Wan Zhou, to give the opportunity of studying to poor children, adolescents and university students at the opening of the new school year, which begins on September 1.
As reported by Faith of He Bei, helping the poor is always the priority of the Catholic community. Recently, the diocese carried out a survey and a thorough investigation in the area, identifying the families who find it difficult to support their children’s school fees, and launched this campaign to help them. Until now, the diocese has delivered 200 thousand Yuan (equivalent to 30 thousand euro) to hundreds of children, adolescents and university students of districts and villages. (NZ) (Agenzia Fides 27/08/2013)
- 2014-03-07 ASIA/CHINA - The women of Zi Gong: active in the Church and in society, following the example of Mary
- 2014-03-04 ASIA/CHINA – The formation of the laity in view of Lent intensifies
- 2014-02-27 ASIA/CHINA – Eucharistic adoration and sobriety: message from Han Dan diocese for the new year
- 2014-02-19 ASIA/CHINA - Formation: priority commitment of the Catholic community for the new year
- 2014-02-12 ASIA/CHINA - 2014 "Year of the Gospel" in the parish of Xi Liu Lin
- 2014-01-30 ASIA/CHINA - Chinese New Year: opportunity for vocational pastoral ministry and evangelization
- 2014-01-28 ASIA/CHINA - 25 years of priesthood for some of the first priests ordained after the Cultural Revolution
- 2014-01-23 ASIA/CHINA - The Catholic community intensifies the works of charity and evangelization in view of the Chinese New Year
- 2014-01-17 ASIA/CHINA - "Heart to Heart": a heart that continues to beat to support the vocational path
- 2014-01-14 ASIA/CHINA - New priests at the beginning of the year, a sign of hope for the mission