ASIA/CHINA - "Let us give a hand to fulfil the dream of study"
Wan Zhou (Agenzia Fides) - Twenty university students from poor families received financial aid on August 23 from the Diocese of Wan Zhou in Si Chuan province in mainland China. The initiative is part of the campaign "Let us give a hand to fulfill the dream of study" launched by the Catholic community of Wan Zhou, to give the opportunity of studying to poor children, adolescents and university students at the opening of the new school year, which begins on September 1.
As reported by Faith of He Bei, helping the poor is always the priority of the Catholic community. Recently, the diocese carried out a survey and a thorough investigation in the area, identifying the families who find it difficult to support their children’s school fees, and launched this campaign to help them. Until now, the diocese has delivered 200 thousand Yuan (equivalent to 30 thousand euro) to hundreds of children, adolescents and university students of districts and villages. (NZ) (Agenzia Fides 27/08/2013)
- 2015-04-17 - Catholic communities towards the Jubilee of Mercy
- 2015-03-24 - The Chinese Catholic community towards Easter
- 2015-03-17 - Even the "24 hours for the Lord" in the Lenten journey of the Chinese Catholics
- 2015-03-10 - The Bishop of Jing Xian highlights the need to give authentic Christian witness
- 2015-03-04 - The Catholic communities pray for the persecuted Christians in the Middle East and around the world
- 2015-02-21 - ASIA/CHINA – Visits to the elderly and the poor, thanksgiving to God: Chinese Catholics celebrate New Year
- 2015-02-04 - The ancient church of the diocese of Ning Bo will soon return to being the symbol of the city
- 2014-12-12 - "I walk with you": the Catholic community prepares itself for Christmas
- 2014-12-03 - Evangelising with joy: a meeting of sharing, music and prayer
- 2014-12-02 - The Year of Consecrated Life begins: witnesses of hope in the future