ASIA/CHINA - "Let us give a hand to fulfil the dream of study"
Wan Zhou (Agenzia Fides) - Twenty university students from poor families received financial aid on August 23 from the Diocese of Wan Zhou in Si Chuan province in mainland China. The initiative is part of the campaign "Let us give a hand to fulfill the dream of study" launched by the Catholic community of Wan Zhou, to give the opportunity of studying to poor children, adolescents and university students at the opening of the new school year, which begins on September 1.
As reported by Faith of He Bei, helping the poor is always the priority of the Catholic community. Recently, the diocese carried out a survey and a thorough investigation in the area, identifying the families who find it difficult to support their children’s school fees, and launched this campaign to help them. Until now, the diocese has delivered 200 thousand Yuan (equivalent to 30 thousand euro) to hundreds of children, adolescents and university students of districts and villages. (NZ) (Agenzia Fides 27/08/2013)
- 2014-12-12 - "I walk with you": the Catholic community prepares itself for Christmas
- 2014-12-03 - Evangelising with joy: a meeting of sharing, music and prayer
- 2014-12-02 - The Year of Consecrated Life begins: witnesses of hope in the future
- 2014-11-27 - A group of doctors provide free health service in the diocese of Hai Men
- 2014-11-05 - After years of waiting, the small community of Lai Gang has its own chapel
- 2014-10-29 - Christians and make Catholics aware of their missionary responsibility
- 2014-10-08 - Mgr. Giovanni Chrysostom Lan Shi, an apostle of the youth
- 2014-10-08 - Msg. Giovanni Battista Wang Jin’s particular commitment to priestly vocations
- 2014-09-26 - A hundred days dedicated to the formation of young people in the diocese of Xian Xian
- 2014-09-25 - Born into a family of martyrs, Fr. Bonaventura De Li Chong has died, a witness of the Gospel and the life of charity