AMERICA/MEXICO - Preventing child labor in Yucatan to avoid that young children drop out of school and lose all rights to their childhood
Merida (Agenzia Fides) - In Latin America there are 14 million child laborers, among these more than three million live in Mexico.
Young children and adolescents have the right to a dignified life, they have the right to study, to play with their peers, to fully enjoy their age. The Government, together with the Fundación Telefónica, is committed to the eradication of this serious problem and, at present, in different communities among the most remote and marginalized in Yucatan supports over 9,000 children by providing psychological assistance, food, education with the goal that they do not leave school. There are 30,000 school children between 8 and 14 years of age, approximately 70,000 children among the most vulnerable who work in Mexico. (AP) (Agenzia Fides 26/08/2013)
- 2015-11-18 - AMERICA/MEXICO – The missing priest's body found, he had been set on fire
- 2015-11-17 - Parish priest in Cook has been missing for days
- 2015-11-16 - The child martyrs of Tlaxcala: martyrs of all Latin America
- 2015-11-12 - Minors not allowed to work in the sugarcane fields
- 2015-11-10 - A battlefield where migrants suffer, are attacked, die
- 2015-11-06 - Mgr. Arizmendi inaugurates a house of the migrant in Tuxtla Gutierrez
- 2015-11-05 - Bishops' appeal for peace: "Dialogue with everyone, even with organized crime"
- 2015-11-03 - For the first time in Mexican history a Pope's encyclical will be presented in the Senate
- 2015-10-27 - “Drugs are drugs even when sold as medicines”: the Catholic stance
- 2015-10-27 - AMERICA/MEXICO – Children in mining areas risk lead poisoning