AMERICA/MEXICO - Preventing child labor in Yucatan to avoid that young children drop out of school and lose all rights to their childhood
Merida (Agenzia Fides) - In Latin America there are 14 million child laborers, among these more than three million live in Mexico.
Young children and adolescents have the right to a dignified life, they have the right to study, to play with their peers, to fully enjoy their age. The Government, together with the Fundación Telefónica, is committed to the eradication of this serious problem and, at present, in different communities among the most remote and marginalized in Yucatan supports over 9,000 children by providing psychological assistance, food, education with the goal that they do not leave school. There are 30,000 school children between 8 and 14 years of age, approximately 70,000 children among the most vulnerable who work in Mexico. (AP) (Agenzia Fides 26/08/2013)
- 2015-05-20 - AMERICA/MEXICO – Mgr. Moreno Barron’s appeal: Go and vote, do not sell your vote
- 2015-05-19 - Six million Mexican children do not go to school because of discrimination
- 2015-05-13 - Tarahumara children sleep in schools so they are not forced to walk five hours
- 2015-05-13 - AMERICA/MEXICO – When will violence be stopped?
- 2015-05-11 - Mgr. Armendáriz to candidates: "We want proposals rather than promises"
- 2015-05-06 - The monumental image of the "Cristo de las Noas" will be donated to the diocese of Torreon
- 2015-04-30 - Toys, sweets, clothes, shoes: collection in favor of the more vulnerable indigenous children
- 2015-04-27 - Cardinal Robles: "There is corruption, mistrust, culture of violence, but we must propose a Church that goes forth"
- 2015-04-21 - Consecration of the Bishop of Orizaba: active participation of the indigenous community in Náhuatl language
- 2015-04-20 - Every day two thousand weapons smuggled into Mexico from the United States