AMERICA/MEXICO - Preventing child labor in Yucatan to avoid that young children drop out of school and lose all rights to their childhood
Merida (Agenzia Fides) - In Latin America there are 14 million child laborers, among these more than three million live in Mexico.
Young children and adolescents have the right to a dignified life, they have the right to study, to play with their peers, to fully enjoy their age. The Government, together with the Fundación Telefónica, is committed to the eradication of this serious problem and, at present, in different communities among the most remote and marginalized in Yucatan supports over 9,000 children by providing psychological assistance, food, education with the goal that they do not leave school. There are 30,000 school children between 8 and 14 years of age, approximately 70,000 children among the most vulnerable who work in Mexico. (AP) (Agenzia Fides 26/08/2013)
- 2015-04-17 - The Assembly of Bishops: "Without trust and participation we cannot go forth!"
- 2015-04-15 - Every year thousands of children are born on the street, at home or in situations considered at high risk
- 2015-04-14 - Meeting between the Church and those responsible of the elections: no to boycott
- 2015-04-09 - Another priest killed
- 2015-03-31 - The denunciation of the Bishop of Piedras Negras: Too many missing persons of whom we know nothing
- 2015-03-23 - Caritas supports 80 thousand people without food or health care
- 2015-02-27 - The number of child laborers, exploited and often unpaid continues to increase
- 2015-02-27 - 5 months after the death of the students of Ayotzinapa: a calm but critical attitude
- 2015-02-20 - AMERICA/MEXICO – Nine years of indifference and impunity: the tragedy of Pasta de Conchos mine
- 2015-02-18 - “The poor are the ones who pay the price of corrupt politicians” Bishops denounce