AMERICA/MEXICO - Preventing child labor in Yucatan to avoid that young children drop out of school and lose all rights to their childhood
Merida (Agenzia Fides) - In Latin America there are 14 million child laborers, among these more than three million live in Mexico.
Young children and adolescents have the right to a dignified life, they have the right to study, to play with their peers, to fully enjoy their age. The Government, together with the Fundación Telefónica, is committed to the eradication of this serious problem and, at present, in different communities among the most remote and marginalized in Yucatan supports over 9,000 children by providing psychological assistance, food, education with the goal that they do not leave school. There are 30,000 school children between 8 and 14 years of age, approximately 70,000 children among the most vulnerable who work in Mexico. (AP) (Agenzia Fides 26/08/2013)
- 2015-08-03 - Solidarity Prize: Spanish Bishops in favour of Las Patronas candidature
- 2015-07-27 - Mariachi Zombie: amusing animated television series discredits bad zombie myth
- 2015-07-22 - Truth, justice, forgiveness and reconciliation: the pillars of peace promoted by the Church
- 2015-07-20 - Young Chiapas form an orchestra with pre-Hispanic instruments
- 2015-07-14 - Bishops on the escape of El Chapo, "we are not naive, we must eradicate corruption"
- 2015-07-13 - "Corruption spreads when transparency remains only good intentions": the Catholic voice before the scandals
- 2015-07-02 - A recreational project for indigenous children of different ethnicities
- 2015-07-02 - Widespread violence does not spare even three elderly nuns
- 2015-06-25 - Periodic monitoring of the situation of migrants, joint efforts of government and Church
- 2015-06-15 - Bishop of Mazatlan’s appeal after the violence perpetrated during the weekend