AMERICA/MEXICO - Preventing child labor in Yucatan to avoid that young children drop out of school and lose all rights to their childhood
Merida (Agenzia Fides) - In Latin America there are 14 million child laborers, among these more than three million live in Mexico.
Young children and adolescents have the right to a dignified life, they have the right to study, to play with their peers, to fully enjoy their age. The Government, together with the Fundación Telefónica, is committed to the eradication of this serious problem and, at present, in different communities among the most remote and marginalized in Yucatan supports over 9,000 children by providing psychological assistance, food, education with the goal that they do not leave school. There are 30,000 school children between 8 and 14 years of age, approximately 70,000 children among the most vulnerable who work in Mexico. (AP) (Agenzia Fides 26/08/2013)
- 2013-12-12 AMERICA/MEXICO -"Foreigners are not criminals": the appeal on behalf of the mothers of the Caravan
- 2013-12-10 AMERICA/MEXICO - Caravan of mothers: "The Church condemns all forms of violence against anyone, including immigrants", says the Bishop of Cordoba
- 2013-12-09 AMERICA/MEXICO - Evening Mass restarts, the communities want to prepare themselves for upcoming feasts
- 2013-12-07 AMERICA/MEXICO - "The Church is not afraid of threats", says the Bishop of Toluca
- 2013-12-06 AMERICA/MEXICO - "They left alive, we want them back alive": solidarity for the Caravan of Central American mothers
- 2013-11-25 AMERICA/MEXICO - "Violence against women is a social challenge", says Bishop Sanchez
- 2013-11-21 AMERICA/MEXICO - The Archbishop of Morelia calls on the population: "take shelter... there is violence in the street"
- 2013-11-12 AMERICA/MEXICO - "Evangelization in a context of violence" at the center of the reflection of the Bishops’ Assembly
- 2013-11-11 AMERICA/MEXICO - Three commitments on behalf of the authorities for migrants, after the intervention of Mgr. Vera López
- 2013-11-06 AMERICA/MEXICO – Historic event: a Bishop at the Congress of Coahuila opens a dialogue for the rights of migrants