AFRICA/TUNISIA - A day of prayer and peace for the Arab world proclaimed by the Church in Tunisia
Tunis (Agenzia Fides) -The Catholic Tunisian community has proclaimed a day of prayer and fasting for peace, on Sunday, August 25, in solidarity with the population of the Arab Countries shaken by violence and instability.
This is what is said in a statement sent to Fides Agency, signed by His Exc. Mgr. Ilario Antoniazzi, Archbishop of Tunis.
"Our Church follows with sadness the painful and unstable events that are taking place in several Arab Countries, the Middle East and Africa", says the document. "We believe that God is the Lord of History, and through faith we know that, even through difficulties, everything contributes to the good of those who love him sincerely".
"We also know that the Merciful Heart of the Lord is never indifferent to any suffering".
"Based on this certainty -continues the statement - in solidarity with all our brothers and sisters who are suffering, Christians or Muslims, we ask our communities: to consecrate next Sunday (August 25) to prayer and fasting for peace; to exhort in the Sunday homilies to take part in the initiative; to propose to our sick brothers and sisters to offer their sufferings to the Lord for peace".
"That through the intercession of the Virgin Mary, Mother of God, our Mother and Queen of Peace, may the Lord bless us and bless each of our Countries", concluded Mgr. Antoniazzi. (L.M.) (Agenzia Fides 23/08/2013)
- 2015-03-20 - "Tunisians, peaceful people who want a democratic Country are those who suffer the most" says the Director of the PMS
- 2014-10-27 - "Tunisian society is maturing a democratic consciousness" notes Fr. Alamat
- 2014-01-14 - The challenge of an ecclesial community that is renewed every 4 years
- 2013-08-23 - A day of prayer and peace for the Arab world proclaimed by the Church in Tunisia
- 2013-05-02 - Two armed groups are being chased after on the border with Algeria; concern for jihadists fleeing from Mali
- 2013-01-14 - "After the Tunisian revolution irreversible changes in the Arab world," said Mgr. Lahham
- 2013-01-08 - Father Marek Rybinski's murderer convicted
- 2012-09-20 - "Serious and unjustifiable offences. No to provocation and violence " says the Church in Tunisia
- 2012-09-15 - "Arab Christians are hurt as much as and with Muslims," says the director of the PMS
- 2012-09-10 - "Tunisia: a very interesting political laboratory " for the National Director of the PMS