AMERICA/PERU - "No to the smuggling of migrants", Bishops’ campaign to raise awareness in society
Lima (Agenzia Fides) - "No to human trafficking and the smuggling of migrants" is the theme chosen by the Peruvian Episcopal Conference, for the National Collection of Solidarity Campaign "Compartir" (to share) to be held from August 23 to 25 across the country.
The collection will be carried out on 23 August with the help of hundreds of volunteers who will go to the streets across the country. A collection will be held in churches and parishes on Sunday August 25.
According to a note sent to Fides Agency, the campaign is part of the Peruvian Episcopal Conference program, which aims to raise awareness in society on human trafficking and smuggling of migrants, considered a form of contemporary slavery.
The Peruvian Church is particularly sensitive to this human tragedy and on several occasions has committed itself to denouncing this trafficking. (see Fides 14/06/2013). (CE) (Agenzia Fides 22/08/2013)
- 2015-10-07 - The preparation for the beatification of the three missionaries killed in 1991 continues
- 2015-09-24 - Mgr. Piorno to the authorities involved in court proceedings: "The best thing is to resign, for the tranquility of the population"
- 2015-09-08 - The Bishop of Chimbote: "the solution to insecurity is not lynching"
- 2015-09-02 - A month dedicated to combatting human trafficking
- 2015-07-25 - AMERICA/PERU – 100 years of mission among indigenous women in the Amazon
- 2015-07-23 - Peru and Brazil together to eradicate child labour in Amazonia
- 2015-07-03 - Lost childhood in coffee plantations
- 2015-06-13 - National Week of the Migrant: Letter of Bishops to 3 million Peruvians abroad
- 2015-05-12 - Bishops call for urgent action and dialogue, "No more violence" for the Tia Maria case
- 2015-04-13 - Many children grow up in prison with their imprisoned mothers