AMERICA/PERU - "No to the smuggling of migrants", Bishops’ campaign to raise awareness in society
Lima (Agenzia Fides) - "No to human trafficking and the smuggling of migrants" is the theme chosen by the Peruvian Episcopal Conference, for the National Collection of Solidarity Campaign "Compartir" (to share) to be held from August 23 to 25 across the country.
The collection will be carried out on 23 August with the help of hundreds of volunteers who will go to the streets across the country. A collection will be held in churches and parishes on Sunday August 25.
According to a note sent to Fides Agency, the campaign is part of the Peruvian Episcopal Conference program, which aims to raise awareness in society on human trafficking and smuggling of migrants, considered a form of contemporary slavery.
The Peruvian Church is particularly sensitive to this human tragedy and on several occasions has committed itself to denouncing this trafficking. (see Fides 14/06/2013). (CE) (Agenzia Fides 22/08/2013)
- 2015-12-01 - The beatification of three missionary martyrs: "Martyrs of faith and charity, witnesses of hope"
- 2015-11-24 - Preparations are underway for the beatification of the first missionary martyrs of Peru
- 2015-11-16 - Each year leukemia affects the health of 1,200 poor children
- 2015-11-10 - More than 3,000 participants at the III National Missionary Congress: to relaunch the missionary parish
- 2015-11-07 - The program for the beatification of three priests killed in 1991 by the Shining Path presented to Parliament
- 2015-10-30 - Annual report on Indigenous women and girls: victims of violence, atrocities and humiliations
- 2015-10-19 - Share the beauty of consecrated life with a testimony of joy
- 2015-10-07 - The preparation for the beatification of the three missionaries killed in 1991 continues
- 2015-09-24 - Mgr. Piorno to the authorities involved in court proceedings: "The best thing is to resign, for the tranquility of the population"
- 2015-09-08 - The Bishop of Chimbote: "the solution to insecurity is not lynching"