AMERICA/PERU - "No to the smuggling of migrants", Bishops’ campaign to raise awareness in society
Lima (Agenzia Fides) - "No to human trafficking and the smuggling of migrants" is the theme chosen by the Peruvian Episcopal Conference, for the National Collection of Solidarity Campaign "Compartir" (to share) to be held from August 23 to 25 across the country.
The collection will be carried out on 23 August with the help of hundreds of volunteers who will go to the streets across the country. A collection will be held in churches and parishes on Sunday August 25.
According to a note sent to Fides Agency, the campaign is part of the Peruvian Episcopal Conference program, which aims to raise awareness in society on human trafficking and smuggling of migrants, considered a form of contemporary slavery.
The Peruvian Church is particularly sensitive to this human tragedy and on several occasions has committed itself to denouncing this trafficking. (see Fides 14/06/2013). (CE) (Agenzia Fides 22/08/2013)
- 2014-04-16 - Small producers of pineapple take a step forward in the domestic market, with the support of Caritas
- 2014-04-02 - More than 600 former child workers have started school in the province of Chiclayo
- 2014-03-21 - Bishop of Chimbote obligated to special security measures
- 2014-03-07 - The Church denounces the alarming pollution of the Peruvian forest
- 2014-02-27 - “Ninos de plomo” Children of Lead: education programme for mineral contaminated minors
- 2014-02-19 - "For a participated and technical debate": the Bishops on the university law
- 2014-01-28 - Dispute between Peru and Chile: an example of how to resolve differences in a peaceful manner
- 2014-01-21 - In prayer for harmony among the peoples, pending the judgment of the Hague
- 2014-01-20 - The Bishops gathered in Plenary Assembly
- 2014-01-14 - "Without communication, there are no rights"