AMERICA/PERU - "No to the smuggling of migrants", Bishops’ campaign to raise awareness in society
Lima (Agenzia Fides) - "No to human trafficking and the smuggling of migrants" is the theme chosen by the Peruvian Episcopal Conference, for the National Collection of Solidarity Campaign "Compartir" (to share) to be held from August 23 to 25 across the country.
The collection will be carried out on 23 August with the help of hundreds of volunteers who will go to the streets across the country. A collection will be held in churches and parishes on Sunday August 25.
According to a note sent to Fides Agency, the campaign is part of the Peruvian Episcopal Conference program, which aims to raise awareness in society on human trafficking and smuggling of migrants, considered a form of contemporary slavery.
The Peruvian Church is particularly sensitive to this human tragedy and on several occasions has committed itself to denouncing this trafficking. (see Fides 14/06/2013). (CE) (Agenzia Fides 22/08/2013)
- 2014-11-15 - "Network for a Culture of meeting", also Cusco present at the XIII Meeting of RIIAL
- 2014-11-05 - The Bishops are always close to the 3 and a half million Peruvians away from home
- 2014-10-31 - Thousands of young people on pilgrimage instead of the "Feast of Hallowen"
- 2014-09-30 - How to prevent child labor and ensure adequate opportunities for growth
- 2014-09-23 - "Gold fever" increases human trafficking and sexual exploitation
- 2014-09-19 - The activist who fought for the Amazonian forest, against the deforestation of his land killed
- 2014-09-10 - “Young people without frontiers”: witnesses and proclaimers of the faith to the world of today
- 2014-09-05 - Elections: Bishops concerned about serious signs of corruption and distrust in politics
- 2014-08-18 - Killed during their missionary work 23 years ago
- 2014-07-26 - 193 years of independent and Catholic life