AMERICA/MEXICO - "The house for migrants of Tlaxcala will not be closed", said Mgr. Moreno
Tlaxcala (Agenzia Fides) - "I do not know who told you this, but it is not true", said Mgr. Francisco Moreno Barron, Bishop of Tlaxcala (Tlaxcala, Mexico) to the press, denying the news about the closing of the house for migrants "La Sagrada Familia" run by the diocese. In recent days there were rumors of the imminent closure of the house for migrants due to lack of resources.
"It is true that it is certainly a commitment for the Church which has its difficulties, but it is a job that has no intention to stop, it is a charity of the Church, of which we are proud of", added the Bishop according to a note sent to Fides by a local source.
The Bishop explained that the Church distributes always part of what it receives for social work to assist the sick and poor. A work that is carried out with the collaboration of parishes. "The collections donated to the house for migrants, for example, go for food, sometimes some markets and privates collaborate, but also much of the aid comes through the parishes", recalled Mgr. Moreno.
"We have to take into consideration that our brothers and sisters are not tourists, they are people who are suffering because they are in search of better opportunities for their families", concluded Mgr. Moreno. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 21/08/2013)
- 2014-09-18 - XV national meeting of the pastoral care of human mobility: "Listening to the migrant brother is like listening to the voice of Jesus"
- 2014-09-16 - "To be free is to recognise goodness and see that evil enslaves”: Independence Day celebrations
- 2014-09-09 - AMERICA/MEXICO – majority of child workers in Mexico’s south east regions
- 2014-09-08 - AMERICA/MEXICO – Appointment of National Director of the Pontifical Mission Societi
- 2014-09-01 - “Migrants: for a better world”, pastoral care for human mobility national meeting
- 2014-08-20 - The number of migrants who are victims of human trafficking increases
- 2014-08-12 - Organ trafficking and sexual exploitation: about 45,000 children and young people missing and abducted
- 2014-08-05 - The State of Tabasco extends medical assistance to migrants; the satisfaction of the Bishop
- 2014-07-31 - The Bishops: "Family Reunification for immigrant children"
- 2014-07-31 - Major epidemiological control towards the chikungunya virus