AMERICA/MEXICO - "The house for migrants of Tlaxcala will not be closed", said Mgr. Moreno
Tlaxcala (Agenzia Fides) - "I do not know who told you this, but it is not true", said Mgr. Francisco Moreno Barron, Bishop of Tlaxcala (Tlaxcala, Mexico) to the press, denying the news about the closing of the house for migrants "La Sagrada Familia" run by the diocese. In recent days there were rumors of the imminent closure of the house for migrants due to lack of resources.
"It is true that it is certainly a commitment for the Church which has its difficulties, but it is a job that has no intention to stop, it is a charity of the Church, of which we are proud of", added the Bishop according to a note sent to Fides by a local source.
The Bishop explained that the Church distributes always part of what it receives for social work to assist the sick and poor. A work that is carried out with the collaboration of parishes. "The collections donated to the house for migrants, for example, go for food, sometimes some markets and privates collaborate, but also much of the aid comes through the parishes", recalled Mgr. Moreno.
"We have to take into consideration that our brothers and sisters are not tourists, they are people who are suffering because they are in search of better opportunities for their families", concluded Mgr. Moreno. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 21/08/2013)
- 2015-04-21 - Consecration of the Bishop of Orizaba: active participation of the indigenous community in Náhuatl language
- 2015-04-20 - Every day two thousand weapons smuggled into Mexico from the United States
- 2015-04-17 - The Assembly of Bishops: "Without trust and participation we cannot go forth!"
- 2015-04-15 - Every year thousands of children are born on the street, at home or in situations considered at high risk
- 2015-04-14 - Meeting between the Church and those responsible of the elections: no to boycott
- 2015-04-09 - Another priest killed
- 2015-03-31 - The denunciation of the Bishop of Piedras Negras: Too many missing persons of whom we know nothing
- 2015-03-23 - Caritas supports 80 thousand people without food or health care
- 2015-02-27 - The number of child laborers, exploited and often unpaid continues to increase
- 2015-02-27 - 5 months after the death of the students of Ayotzinapa: a calm but critical attitude