AMERICA/MEXICO - "The house for migrants of Tlaxcala will not be closed", said Mgr. Moreno
Tlaxcala (Agenzia Fides) - "I do not know who told you this, but it is not true", said Mgr. Francisco Moreno Barron, Bishop of Tlaxcala (Tlaxcala, Mexico) to the press, denying the news about the closing of the house for migrants "La Sagrada Familia" run by the diocese. In recent days there were rumors of the imminent closure of the house for migrants due to lack of resources.
"It is true that it is certainly a commitment for the Church which has its difficulties, but it is a job that has no intention to stop, it is a charity of the Church, of which we are proud of", added the Bishop according to a note sent to Fides by a local source.
The Bishop explained that the Church distributes always part of what it receives for social work to assist the sick and poor. A work that is carried out with the collaboration of parishes. "The collections donated to the house for migrants, for example, go for food, sometimes some markets and privates collaborate, but also much of the aid comes through the parishes", recalled Mgr. Moreno.
"We have to take into consideration that our brothers and sisters are not tourists, they are people who are suffering because they are in search of better opportunities for their families", concluded Mgr. Moreno. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 21/08/2013)
- 2015-07-02 - A recreational project for indigenous children of different ethnicities
- 2015-07-02 - Widespread violence does not spare even three elderly nuns
- 2015-06-25 - Periodic monitoring of the situation of migrants, joint efforts of government and Church
- 2015-06-15 - Bishop of Mazatlan’s appeal after the violence perpetrated during the weekend
- 2015-06-13 - A card to distinguish true priests from false priests
- 2015-06-11 - The Bishops invite the winners of the elections to fulfil the promises made
- 2015-05-28 - The churches of Piedras Negras become centers of aid to people affected by the tornado
- 2015-05-27 - Tornado among the strongest recorded in the country affects Ciudad Acuña: 14 deaths and massive damage
- 2015-05-20 - AMERICA/MEXICO – Mgr. Moreno Barron’s appeal: Go and vote, do not sell your vote
- 2015-05-19 - Six million Mexican children do not go to school because of discrimination