AMERICA/MEXICO - "The house for migrants of Tlaxcala will not be closed", said Mgr. Moreno
Tlaxcala (Agenzia Fides) - "I do not know who told you this, but it is not true", said Mgr. Francisco Moreno Barron, Bishop of Tlaxcala (Tlaxcala, Mexico) to the press, denying the news about the closing of the house for migrants "La Sagrada Familia" run by the diocese. In recent days there were rumors of the imminent closure of the house for migrants due to lack of resources.
"It is true that it is certainly a commitment for the Church which has its difficulties, but it is a job that has no intention to stop, it is a charity of the Church, of which we are proud of", added the Bishop according to a note sent to Fides by a local source.
The Bishop explained that the Church distributes always part of what it receives for social work to assist the sick and poor. A work that is carried out with the collaboration of parishes. "The collections donated to the house for migrants, for example, go for food, sometimes some markets and privates collaborate, but also much of the aid comes through the parishes", recalled Mgr. Moreno.
"We have to take into consideration that our brothers and sisters are not tourists, they are people who are suffering because they are in search of better opportunities for their families", concluded Mgr. Moreno. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 21/08/2013)
- 2015-11-18 - AMERICA/MEXICO – The missing priest's body found, he had been set on fire
- 2015-11-17 - Parish priest in Cook has been missing for days
- 2015-11-16 - The child martyrs of Tlaxcala: martyrs of all Latin America
- 2015-11-12 - Minors not allowed to work in the sugarcane fields
- 2015-11-10 - A battlefield where migrants suffer, are attacked, die
- 2015-11-06 - Mgr. Arizmendi inaugurates a house of the migrant in Tuxtla Gutierrez
- 2015-11-05 - Bishops' appeal for peace: "Dialogue with everyone, even with organized crime"
- 2015-11-03 - For the first time in Mexican history a Pope's encyclical will be presented in the Senate
- 2015-10-27 - “Drugs are drugs even when sold as medicines”: the Catholic stance
- 2015-10-27 - AMERICA/MEXICO – Children in mining areas risk lead poisoning