AMERICA/MEXICO - "The house for migrants of Tlaxcala will not be closed", said Mgr. Moreno
Tlaxcala (Agenzia Fides) - "I do not know who told you this, but it is not true", said Mgr. Francisco Moreno Barron, Bishop of Tlaxcala (Tlaxcala, Mexico) to the press, denying the news about the closing of the house for migrants "La Sagrada Familia" run by the diocese. In recent days there were rumors of the imminent closure of the house for migrants due to lack of resources.
"It is true that it is certainly a commitment for the Church which has its difficulties, but it is a job that has no intention to stop, it is a charity of the Church, of which we are proud of", added the Bishop according to a note sent to Fides by a local source.
The Bishop explained that the Church distributes always part of what it receives for social work to assist the sick and poor. A work that is carried out with the collaboration of parishes. "The collections donated to the house for migrants, for example, go for food, sometimes some markets and privates collaborate, but also much of the aid comes through the parishes", recalled Mgr. Moreno.
"We have to take into consideration that our brothers and sisters are not tourists, they are people who are suffering because they are in search of better opportunities for their families", concluded Mgr. Moreno. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 21/08/2013)
- 2014-12-15 - The Church reminds authorities that they even have to respond to the law for their actions
- 2014-12-13 - AMERICA/MEXICO – Conclusion of the 10th "Caravan of hope": 9 missing migrants found
- 2014-12-10 - The Church close to the families of the missing students and engaged in proposing solutions
- 2014-12-09 - AMERICA/MEXICO – After14 years ordination of 9 Indigenous permanent deacons
- 2014-12-09 - AMERICA/MEXICO – Young man dies to obtain justice
- 2014-12-06 - Bishop of Torreón calls for “more proposals and less protests to achieve peace”
- 2014-12-03 - Bishop Alba: "We cannot allow criminals steal our streets, steal our peace"
- 2014-11-29 - After improvised lessons in the street, minors are forced to bring chairs in a house used as a school every day
- 2014-11-29 - Students missing: "The authorities must clarify the situation", said the Bishop of Tlaxcala
- 2014-11-28 - From the first Sunday of Advent: Twelve Days of Prayer for Peace