AMERICA/ARGENTINA - "May the Holy Spirit give you strength and make you courageous" said the Pope to the 4th National Missionary Congress
Catamarca (Agenzia Fides) - Today the IV National Missionary Congress held in Catamarca, Argentina with the participation of more than a thousand missionaries from all over the Country and people who came from Brazil, Mexico, Guatemala, Ecuador, El Salvador, Spain, Italy and Romania comes to an end.
The opening ceremony, on August 17, was presided over by the Bishop of Catamarca, His Exc. Mgr. Luis Urbanc; it was also attended by Mgr. Vicente Bokalic Iglic, Auxiliary Bishop of Buenos Aires and president of the Episcopal Commission for Missions; Mgr. Juan Horacio Suarez, Bishop of Gregorio of Laferrere; Mgr. Joaquin Gimeno Lahoz, Bishop of Comodoro Rivadavia; Mgr. José Slaby, Bishop Prelate of Esquel; Mgr. Jorge Eduardo Lozano, Bishop of Gualeguaychú and president of the Episcopal Commission for social pastoral; the Director of the Pontifical Mission Societies (PMS) in Argentina, father Mario De Sanzi Dante, and the Diocesan Director for the missions in Catamarca, father Carlos Robledo.
The note sent to Fides states that: Mgr. Urbanc wanted, first of all, to read Pope Francis’ Message: "I hope this Congress will lead to the increase in missionary work. I encourage you to go out of yourselves and go to the peripheries, both geographical and existential, to proclaim Jesus and make known his message. May the Holy Spirit give you strength and make you courageous, without fear and with bravery. Over the course of these days I will be closely united with you in prayer and in the Eucharist. May Jesus bless you, and may the Blessed Virgin care for you. Francis".
The Congress helped to renew the missionary efforts and prepare CAM 4 (IV American Missionary Congress) to be held in November 2013 in Maracaibo in Venezuela. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 19/08/2013)
- 2015-01-22 - Nisman case: Bishops: "the people want the truth"
- 2015-01-15 - Divine Word Missionaries from Asia, Africa and Oceania work in Argentina
- 2015-01-09 - Tuberculosis and Chagas disease out of control in the Chaco
- 2014-12-23 - Church and government for the common good and peace of the country
- 2014-12-19 - AMERICA/ARGENTINA – The Bishops: "Working together to build a more fraternal Country"
- 2014-12-17 - Church and government meet again
- 2014-12-11 - Drug and human trafficking: "There are people who have money stained with blood in their pocket"
- 2014-11-28 - AMERICA/ARGENTINA – Debate on the mining law, the Bishops ask respect for the environment
- 2014-11-05 - The fight against drugs should be considered a State matter
- 2014-11-04 - Two thousand secondary school teachers gathered for the XII Education Forum