AMERICA/VENEZUELA - CAM4: Missionary America, share your faith with courage in every situation!
Maracaibo (Agenzia Fides) - From November 26 to December 1 2013 the city of Maracaibo, capital of the state of Zulia, will become the Missionary capital of America, thanks to the fulfilment of the IV American Missionary Congress "CAM4-Comla 9".
The event will be an opportunity for the Church of the continent to reflect and speak on topics such as discipleship, secularism, multiculturalism and the "mission ad gentes", which translated from Latin means: mission to the nations.
According to what is refered to Fides by the PMS of Venezuela, there are already 4,000 participants who come from all parts of the American continent and loudly recite the slogan of this IV Congress "Missionary America, share your faith". Participants will have the task of seeing reality as missionary disciples of Jesus Christ in America, in a secular and multicultural world and can live an experience of reflection and renewal in the Church's faith.
After Pope Francis’ invitation: "All the baptized are called to proclaim the Gospel with courage in every situation", written in his Message for World Mission Day, which falls on 20 October (see Fides 06/08/2013), the celebration of the Congress has become the priority of the various commissions for the mission in every country.
The American Missionary Congresses are held every four years, Ecuador was the country that preceded Venezuela and since Maracaibo has had the commitment to become the seat of the Congress, a team led by the Archbishop of Maracaibo, His Exc. Mgr. Ubaldo Ramón Santana, has begun working on the preparation, together with the Venezuelan Episcopal Conference, and in collaboration with Reverend. Fr. Andrea Bigotti, IMC, national director of the Pontifical Mission Societies in Venezuela. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 13/08/2013)
- 2015-03-03 - Classes suspended in the University of Tachira, false accusations made against the Catholic University
- 2015-02-27 - The Bishops: "Stop murderous violence!"
- 2015-02-25 - More violence and protests: 6 dead in six days of demonstrations
- 2015-02-24 - Growing tension in the capital, Cardinal Urosa denounces murder of 3 students
- 2015-02-20 - Police arrest Mayor of Caracas, for Archbishop Lückert “proof of dictatorship ”
- 2015-01-31 - Four churches attacked in Mérida
- 2015-01-30 - Mgr. Parra robbed during a parish meeting: "Money is spent on many things, but not on safety"
- 2015-01-13 - Dialogue to end the crisis: the exhortation of the Episcopal Conference
- 2015-01-12 - Shops are empty: Cardinal Urosa calls on the government to act quickly and urges to remain calm
- 2015-01-08 - AMERICA/VENEZUELA – Assembly of Bishops: dialogue to end the crisis and the necessity to find agreed solutions