AMERICA/MEXICO - "Do not fall into indifference, we are all involved," says the bishop with regards to the disappearance of more than 20 people
Córdoba (Agenzia Fides) - "I do not care if the people missing in Potrero Nuevo, Paso del Macho and Cordoba are one or more persons, whether they are victims or are associated with crime, what is important is to clarify where they are, families cannot live in uncertainty. Already the fact that they are missing is worrying", said the Bishop of the Diocese of Córdoba, Veracruz in Mexico, His Exc. Mgr. Eduardo Patiño Leal.
Mgr. Patiño Leal, in a statement sent to Fides by the local press, spoke yesterday Sunday, August 11 and insisted that everyone should do their own work: authorities, parents, teachers, priests should promote the value of life and not fall into a sort of indifference and pretend that everything is normal. "We are all involved", he said.
The bishop took the opportunity to send a message to all young people to be "extremely vigilant", to avoid getting involved with criminal groups, not to be influenced by the fantasy that money is easy to obtain and then nothing will happen. Also in the statement sent to Fides, it is stated that a week has already passed since the death of 19 people in Potrero Nuevo, other people in Paso del Macho and others in Cordoba, but so far no one knows where they are and many families are desperate. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 12/08/2013)
- 2014-03-05 AMERICA/MEXICO - The phenomenon of adolescent mothers who drop out of school continues to worsen
- 2014-03-04 AMERICA/MEXICO - Ash Wednesday: 200 priests go to prisons, to bring hope and encouragement
- 2014-03-03 AMERICA/MEXICO - Five thousand people with the Bishop to march for peace and the family
- 2014-02-24 AMERICA/MEXICO - “We must be all involved to stop the violence” says the Bishop of Zacatecas
- 2014-02-20 AMERICA/MEXICO - Prevention is not enough: Church, state and society must work together to combat human trafficking
- 2014-02-18 AMERICA/MEXICO - "Society based on the family": opening of the Year of the Family in the Diocese of Orizaba
- 2014-02-12 AMERICA/MEXICO - Authorities have to talk less and be more effective in terms of safety
- 2014-02-06 AMERICA/MEXICO - Solidarity with the nuns assaulted and request to solve the problem of land
- 2014-02-05 AMERICA/MEXICO - The Church concerned about the influenza that kills
- 2014-02-04 AMERICA/MEXICO - "The use of drugs cannot be fought with drugs", the Archdiocese against the bill