AMERICA/MEXICO - "Do not fall into indifference, we are all involved," says the bishop with regards to the disappearance of more than 20 people
Córdoba (Agenzia Fides) - "I do not care if the people missing in Potrero Nuevo, Paso del Macho and Cordoba are one or more persons, whether they are victims or are associated with crime, what is important is to clarify where they are, families cannot live in uncertainty. Already the fact that they are missing is worrying", said the Bishop of the Diocese of Córdoba, Veracruz in Mexico, His Exc. Mgr. Eduardo Patiño Leal.
Mgr. Patiño Leal, in a statement sent to Fides by the local press, spoke yesterday Sunday, August 11 and insisted that everyone should do their own work: authorities, parents, teachers, priests should promote the value of life and not fall into a sort of indifference and pretend that everything is normal. "We are all involved", he said.
The bishop took the opportunity to send a message to all young people to be "extremely vigilant", to avoid getting involved with criminal groups, not to be influenced by the fantasy that money is easy to obtain and then nothing will happen. Also in the statement sent to Fides, it is stated that a week has already passed since the death of 19 people in Potrero Nuevo, other people in Paso del Macho and others in Cordoba, but so far no one knows where they are and many families are desperate. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 12/08/2013)
- 2015-03-23 - Caritas supports 80 thousand people without food or health care
- 2015-02-27 - The number of child laborers, exploited and often unpaid continues to increase
- 2015-02-27 - 5 months after the death of the students of Ayotzinapa: a calm but critical attitude
- 2015-02-20 - AMERICA/MEXICO – Nine years of indifference and impunity: the tragedy of Pasta de Conchos mine
- 2015-02-18 - “The poor are the ones who pay the price of corrupt politicians” Bishops denounce
- 2015-02-16 - For 20 years a group of women has offered railway-line assistance to emigrants travelling towards the United States
- 2015-02-12 - The Archdiocese of Acapulco committed to protecting young people from criminal gangs
- 2015-02-10 - Migrants: a phenomenon which is difficult to quantify
- 2015-02-09 - The Bishop of Zacatecas: "People die every day"
- 2015-01-27 - Cardinal Rivera: "To change our society personal conversion is needed"