AMERICA/COLOMBIA - More than 500 women were killed in the first half of 2013
Bogota (Agenzia Fides) - More than 500 women were murdered in Colombia in the first half of 2013. The region of Valle del Cauca is at the top of the list with a total of 144 cases of femicide, followed by Antioquia with 68 and in third place Bogota with 56 cases.
The note sent to Fides by Radio Caracol, cites a report by the Institute of Forensic Medicine of the Colombian capital, which shows a total of 514 women killed in the Country in the first six months of 2013. The data, collected by experts of the Institute, verified and analyzed by the National Center Group of Reference for violence, reveal that most of the victims were in the age group between 30 to 34 years. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 10/08/2013)
- 2014-08-20 - "Only mercy can make justice a reality", said Cardinal Salazar Gómez
- 2014-08-18 - The first 12 members of the delegation of the victims will participate in Peace Talks which take place in Cuba
- 2014-08-13 - Dialogues of Peace between the government and FARC
- 2014-08-01 - The Church: stop the violence, but do not stop peace talks
- 2014-07-28 - Guerrilla groups become political parties: for the Church this is a positive step
- 2014-07-11 - After the Bishops also international organizations denounce the serious situation in Chocò
- 2014-07-10 - The new President of the Episcopate reiterates that peace is the great challenge of the country
- 2014-07-09 - In the region of Chocò: "We are forgotten by all, we have no protection, people live in anguish"
- 2014-07-05 - The Assembly of Bishops begins: Analysis of social reality and new directives
- 2014-07-03 - Historic meeting between religious communities for peace in the country