AMERICA/COLOMBIA - More than 500 women were killed in the first half of 2013
Bogota (Agenzia Fides) - More than 500 women were murdered in Colombia in the first half of 2013. The region of Valle del Cauca is at the top of the list with a total of 144 cases of femicide, followed by Antioquia with 68 and in third place Bogota with 56 cases.
The note sent to Fides by Radio Caracol, cites a report by the Institute of Forensic Medicine of the Colombian capital, which shows a total of 514 women killed in the Country in the first six months of 2013. The data, collected by experts of the Institute, verified and analyzed by the National Center Group of Reference for violence, reveal that most of the victims were in the age group between 30 to 34 years. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 10/08/2013)
- 2014-12-18 - For Mgr. Falla Robles: "The unilateral cease-fire should take place without any conditions"
- 2014-12-13 - SOS of the Bishop on the proliferation of dengue fever
- 2014-12-05 - Peace talks resume December 10
- 2014-12-02 - Satisfaction for the release of the General, but it is necessary to resume talks for a definite peace
- 2014-12-01 - Children are half of the victims of landmines and prohibited explosive devices
- 2014-11-29 - Observatory for Reconciliation and Peace is created
- 2014-11-27 - Hunger and chronic malnutrition cause the death of a child every 33 hours
- 2014-11-26 - Sexual violence on women: a forgotten medical emergency
- 2014-11-26 - Peace talks in Cuba must continue
- 2014-11-21 - The request to continue peace talks: "Do not destroy the hope of Colombians"