AMERICA/COLOMBIA - More than 500 women were killed in the first half of 2013
Bogota (Agenzia Fides) - More than 500 women were murdered in Colombia in the first half of 2013. The region of Valle del Cauca is at the top of the list with a total of 144 cases of femicide, followed by Antioquia with 68 and in third place Bogota with 56 cases.
The note sent to Fides by Radio Caracol, cites a report by the Institute of Forensic Medicine of the Colombian capital, which shows a total of 514 women killed in the Country in the first six months of 2013. The data, collected by experts of the Institute, verified and analyzed by the National Center Group of Reference for violence, reveal that most of the victims were in the age group between 30 to 34 years. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 10/08/2013)
- 2015-07-16 - AMERICA/COLOMBIA – Priest murdered in the sacristy as he was about to celebrate mass
- 2015-07-13 - Once the peace agreement is signed, the real challenge of the government will be how to handle the situation
- 2015-07-09 - "The peace process is alive", said Mgr. Castro Quiroga; letter of the religious leaders
- 2015-06-24 - Latin American Religious give their full support and unreserved commitment for Peace in Colombia
- 2015-06-17 - Silent march in Tumaco: after 60 years of violence it is now time to form "a truly civilized society"
- 2015-06-10 - The inhabitants of port of Buenaventura subjected to "collective torture"
- 2015-06-09 - Human trafficking, new areopagus of consecrated life in Latin America
- 2015-05-26 - "Stop deaths! An agreement has to be reached as soon as possible", asks Cardinal Salazar Gómez
- 2015-05-22 - In the tragedy a light of life: the funeral of 33 of the 84 deaths due to the landslide in Salgar
- 2015-05-07 - Children recruited by the FARC: they are prisoners and infected with the human papilloma virus