AMERICA/COLOMBIA - More than 500 women were killed in the first half of 2013
Bogota (Agenzia Fides) - More than 500 women were murdered in Colombia in the first half of 2013. The region of Valle del Cauca is at the top of the list with a total of 144 cases of femicide, followed by Antioquia with 68 and in third place Bogota with 56 cases.
The note sent to Fides by Radio Caracol, cites a report by the Institute of Forensic Medicine of the Colombian capital, which shows a total of 514 women killed in the Country in the first six months of 2013. The data, collected by experts of the Institute, verified and analyzed by the National Center Group of Reference for violence, reveal that most of the victims were in the age group between 30 to 34 years. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 10/08/2013)
- 2014-02-27 AMERICA/COLOMBIA - We Colombians cannot be indifferent to the suffering experienced by our brothers and sisters in Venezuela
- 2014-02-25 AMERICA/COLOMBIA – Dialogue between two parties on equal terms, not between weak and powerful
- 2014-02-24 AMERICA/COLOMBIA - Colombians deported from Venezuela: Catholic Bishops in border area dioceses work to provide assistance and promote peace
- 2014-02-21 AMERICA/COLOMBIA - The army must be armored against corruption
- 2014-02-20 AMERICA/COLOMBIA - The children of the Aboriginal community Wayuu continue to die of hunger
- 2014-02-10 AMERICA/COLOMBIA - Peace negotiations with other groups: the Church's commitment
- 2014-02-05 AMERICA/COLOMBIA - "Post- conflict" keyword in the dialogue President-Bishops
- 2014-02-04 AMERICA/COLOMBIA - The Church's contribution to dialogues of peace: respect the rights of the population
- 2014-02-04 AMERICA/COLOMBIA - Plenary Assembly of Bishops on the importance of pastoral action
- 2014-01-27 AMERICA/COLOMBIA - Appeal after the murder of two people in a Church: "They want to kill hope"