AMERICA/COLOMBIA - More than 500 women were killed in the first half of 2013
Bogota (Agenzia Fides) - More than 500 women were murdered in Colombia in the first half of 2013. The region of Valle del Cauca is at the top of the list with a total of 144 cases of femicide, followed by Antioquia with 68 and in third place Bogota with 56 cases.
The note sent to Fides by Radio Caracol, cites a report by the Institute of Forensic Medicine of the Colombian capital, which shows a total of 514 women killed in the Country in the first six months of 2013. The data, collected by experts of the Institute, verified and analyzed by the National Center Group of Reference for violence, reveal that most of the victims were in the age group between 30 to 34 years. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 10/08/2013)
- 2013-12-09 AMERICA/COLOMBIA - Strong condemnation of the attack committed by the FARC, that declare a truce for Christmas
- 2013-11-26 AMERICA/COLOMBIA - FARC "authorize" the opening of churches in the south of the country, but only on Sundays
- 2013-11-25 AMERICA/COLOMBIA - Violence and Conflicts: Women suffer the most
- 2013-11-18 AMERICA/COLOMBIA - Two children a day are abandoned in the capital of the Country
- 2013-11-08 AMERICA/COLOMBIA - A second agreement has been reached, the Church proposes "a policy of reconciliation for definitive peace"
- 2013-10-30 AMERICA/COLOMBIA - Social Inclusion, always together with building social peace
- 2013-10-25 AMERICA/COLOMBIA - The popular referendum on peace agreements with the FARC is almost ready
- 2013-10-24 AMERICA/COLOMBIA - Towards the Symposium on Theology India: the Church more present in different cultures
- 2013-10-22 AMERICA/COLOMBIA - Terrorism alarm in Tumaco: commission lead by the Bishop seeks dialogue with the FARC
- 2013-10-10 AMERICA/COLOMBIA - A Foundation in favor of children victims of sexual abuse