AMERICA/ARGENTINA - Legislative elections: "Orient oneself according to the candidates' coherence" say the bishops
Buenos Aires (Agenzia Fides) - The President of the Episcopal Conference of Argentina, Mgr. José María Arancedo, Archbishop of Santa Fe de la Vera Cruz, commented to the press, a few days before the first round of the legislative elections, that "diversity is not opposed to unity". According to a note sent to Fides, Mgr. Arancedo noted that the elections held on August 11 must be taken seriously, "as a question that demands an answer". For this reason, he stressed that the elections require a "clear-headed participation by all".
The Archbishop invited the faithful to orient themselves according to the candidates' coherence and to take vision of the electoral programs. He also mentioned that civic engagement does not end with the vote. "The vote expresses a way of thinking with the values and ideas that define them. It is a service that enriches the lives of the community as there is the contribution of all citizens".
Mgr. Arancedo finally invited to exercise the right to vote in a responsible manner, remembering that "one cannot give up the Christian vision of the world" at the time of the vote and explained that one has to live that commitment as "an act of love and service to his country". "Faith commits me with the life and human dignity in the reality of society, especially with the poorest and most vulnerable", he concluded. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 08/08/2013)
- 2015-10-06 - Mgr. Gimeno in view of the elections: "We must learn to choose before voting"
- 2015-09-24 - Over 40% of the poor in the capital is under 14 years of age
- 2015-09-23 - Argentinean missionary animators of "mission houses" in Cuba, a testimony
- 2015-09-15 - One death due to malnutrition every 10 hours, 2 out of 10 children do not have adequate food
- 2015-09-14 - The Bishops: malnutrition and poverty in the country, a "terrible reality"
- 2015-09-10 - "Cura Gaucho" on the path towards canonization, the people of Villa Cura Brochero celebrate
- 2015-09-02 - National Biblical campaign on the 50th anniversary of the "Dei Verbum"
- 2015-09-01 - "We cannot accept violence, we have to react": the Archbishop of Cordoba at the funeral of the murdered priest
- 2015-08-31 - Meeting of the PMS of Cone sur: from Ad Gentes to Evangelii Gaudium
- 2015-08-18 - “They steal not only the people’s money but also their hope” Bishop Lozano denounces