AFRICA/NIGER – To safeguard Creation at the center of the Bishops’ message for the end of Ramadan
Niamey (Agenzia Fides) - "Muslims, Christians and believers of other faiths, all have a duty to work as servants of the Almighty, the Lord of earth and Heaven, in favor of Creation which is a wonderful and generous gift of God for our happiness", write the Bishops of Niger in their message to the Muslim community for the end of Ramadan.
"The celebration for the end of Ramadan - reads the document sent to Fides Agency - is celebrated in the middle of winter when many Nigeriens work with ardor in the fields, trusting in a fruitful and generous harvest. May God grant each family the fruits of their hard work and abundant rain".
The collaboration between believers of different faiths for the Protection of Creation is thus at the center of the Bishops’ reflection: "God sent us to work closely, with regards to its creation, respecting nature and protecting it from devastating evils that have no other interest than their own selfish gain. We welcome any initiative to repair the degraded creation by the hand of man, and we encourage all works of awareness towards new generations to protect the environment."
"I renew our friendship and our sympathy, we wish you a happy holiday. May the God of Mercy give each and everyone of you peace of the heart" the Bishops conclude. (L.M.) (Agenzia Fides 08/08/2013)
AFRICA/NIGER – TO SAFEGUARD CREATION AT THE CENTER OF THE BISHOPS’ MESSAGE FOR THE END OF RAMADAN
- 2015-02-19 - The day for demonstrations against Boko Haram a village is bombed by mistake on the border with Nigeria; 37 dead
- 2015-02-16 - March against Boko Haram; Christians call nation to unite
- 2015-02-14 - Testimony from Niamey: A source of inspiration for peaceful co-existence!
- 2015-02-10 - A missionary: "There is a growing feeling of anti-Christianity in Niger
- 2015-01-27 - Anti-Christian violence: the Bishops reaffirm their friendship with the Muslim community
- 2015-01-22 - Anti-Christian Violence: Bishops suspend all activities of the Church
- 2015-01-22 - Churches and convents burned, schools and dispensaries closed
- 2015-01-15 - medical centre in Dosso, for the welfare of women and children
- 2015-01-07 - The Archbishop of Niamey: "More and more young Nigeriens are being enlisted in the Boko Haram movement, especially in the region of Diffa"
- 2014-11-21 - Malaria: preventive treatment to 735 000 children