AMERICA/MEXICO - Strategic Security Plan: all together to stop violence and have peace
Irapuato (Agenzia Fides) - The Bishop of the Mexican Diocese in Irapuato, His Exc. Mgr. José de Jesús Martínez Zepeda, asked the population to support and contribute to the realization of the "Strategic Security Plan" because he welcomes the initiative of the municipality aimed at solving this serious problem that harms the whole of society.
The intervention of the Bishop, according to the note sent to Fides Agency, is motivated by several incidents of violence that occurred in past days in the city and by the presence of the Mexican army in the streets for this reason. "In theory, the plan seems good, but we must be careful that it actually manages to achieve its goals", said the Archbishop. The Strategic Security Plan was undertaken by the Directorate of Public Security.
Mgr. Martínez Zepeda wanted to explicitly point out that the security issue affects everyone, so as to have peace in society, and cannot be left only in the hands of the authorities. The Diocese of Irapuato borders with the Archdiocese of Morelia, in Michoacan area, and the population shares the same reality and the same social problems, including violence (see Fides 06/08/2013). The intervention of the Bishop reflects the public opinion of the population in the area, that had been informed of the army's intervention to stop the violence of criminal groups. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 07/08/2013)
- 2014-07-31 - The Bishops: "Family Reunification for immigrant children"
- 2014-07-31 - Major epidemiological control towards the chikungunya virus
- 2014-07-30 - Prisons become "universities of crime": the Church insists on re-education
- 2014-07-28 - Over five thousand people march for peace and for life
- 2014-07-15 - The solution to the problem of emigration passes through cultural and social conversion
- 2014-07-15 - Bishop Aguilar’s appeal : "Migrant children are not intruders or invaders"
- 2014-07-14 - Cardinal Parolin, Vatican's Secretary of State, in Mexico for the emergency regarding emigration
- 2014-07-11 - The Central American Church's commitment to eradicate the causes of child emigration
- 2014-07-07 - More than 8 million indigenous women suffer physical and moral violence
- 2014-07-04 - AMERICA/MEXICO – Inauguration of a reception center, but the issue on migrants should be resolved at the root