AMERICA/MEXICO - Strategic Security Plan: all together to stop violence and have peace
Irapuato (Agenzia Fides) - The Bishop of the Mexican Diocese in Irapuato, His Exc. Mgr. José de Jesús Martínez Zepeda, asked the population to support and contribute to the realization of the "Strategic Security Plan" because he welcomes the initiative of the municipality aimed at solving this serious problem that harms the whole of society.
The intervention of the Bishop, according to the note sent to Fides Agency, is motivated by several incidents of violence that occurred in past days in the city and by the presence of the Mexican army in the streets for this reason. "In theory, the plan seems good, but we must be careful that it actually manages to achieve its goals", said the Archbishop. The Strategic Security Plan was undertaken by the Directorate of Public Security.
Mgr. Martínez Zepeda wanted to explicitly point out that the security issue affects everyone, so as to have peace in society, and cannot be left only in the hands of the authorities. The Diocese of Irapuato borders with the Archdiocese of Morelia, in Michoacan area, and the population shares the same reality and the same social problems, including violence (see Fides 06/08/2013). The intervention of the Bishop reflects the public opinion of the population in the area, that had been informed of the army's intervention to stop the violence of criminal groups. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 07/08/2013)
- 2014-12-15 - The Church reminds authorities that they even have to respond to the law for their actions
- 2014-12-13 - AMERICA/MEXICO – Conclusion of the 10th "Caravan of hope": 9 missing migrants found
- 2014-12-10 - The Church close to the families of the missing students and engaged in proposing solutions
- 2014-12-09 - AMERICA/MEXICO – After14 years ordination of 9 Indigenous permanent deacons
- 2014-12-09 - AMERICA/MEXICO – Young man dies to obtain justice
- 2014-12-06 - Bishop of Torreón calls for “more proposals and less protests to achieve peace”
- 2014-12-03 - Bishop Alba: "We cannot allow criminals steal our streets, steal our peace"
- 2014-11-29 - After improvised lessons in the street, minors are forced to bring chairs in a house used as a school every day
- 2014-11-29 - Students missing: "The authorities must clarify the situation", said the Bishop of Tlaxcala
- 2014-11-28 - From the first Sunday of Advent: Twelve Days of Prayer for Peace