AMERICA/MEXICO - Strategic Security Plan: all together to stop violence and have peace
Irapuato (Agenzia Fides) - The Bishop of the Mexican Diocese in Irapuato, His Exc. Mgr. José de Jesús Martínez Zepeda, asked the population to support and contribute to the realization of the "Strategic Security Plan" because he welcomes the initiative of the municipality aimed at solving this serious problem that harms the whole of society.
The intervention of the Bishop, according to the note sent to Fides Agency, is motivated by several incidents of violence that occurred in past days in the city and by the presence of the Mexican army in the streets for this reason. "In theory, the plan seems good, but we must be careful that it actually manages to achieve its goals", said the Archbishop. The Strategic Security Plan was undertaken by the Directorate of Public Security.
Mgr. Martínez Zepeda wanted to explicitly point out that the security issue affects everyone, so as to have peace in society, and cannot be left only in the hands of the authorities. The Diocese of Irapuato borders with the Archdiocese of Morelia, in Michoacan area, and the population shares the same reality and the same social problems, including violence (see Fides 06/08/2013). The intervention of the Bishop reflects the public opinion of the population in the area, that had been informed of the army's intervention to stop the violence of criminal groups. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 07/08/2013)
- 2013-12-07 AMERICA/MEXICO - "The Church is not afraid of threats", says the Bishop of Toluca
- 2013-12-06 AMERICA/MEXICO - "They left alive, we want them back alive": solidarity for the Caravan of Central American mothers
- 2013-11-25 AMERICA/MEXICO - "Violence against women is a social challenge", says Bishop Sanchez
- 2013-11-21 AMERICA/MEXICO - The Archbishop of Morelia calls on the population: "take shelter... there is violence in the street"
- 2013-11-12 AMERICA/MEXICO - "Evangelization in a context of violence" at the center of the reflection of the Bishops’ Assembly
- 2013-11-11 AMERICA/MEXICO - Three commitments on behalf of the authorities for migrants, after the intervention of Mgr. Vera López
- 2013-11-06 AMERICA/MEXICO – Historic event: a Bishop at the Congress of Coahuila opens a dialogue for the rights of migrants
- 2013-11-05 AMERICA/MEXICO - Children do not want to speak indigenous languages for fear of discrimination
- 2013-11-05 AMERICA/MEXICO - "We want peace!": The Bishop of Apatzingan leads a march with thousands of faithful
- 2013-11-04 AMERICA/MEXICO - A net divides the two countries, many families and even the altar for the Mass for Migrants