AMERICA/MEXICO - Strategic Security Plan: all together to stop violence and have peace
Irapuato (Agenzia Fides) - The Bishop of the Mexican Diocese in Irapuato, His Exc. Mgr. José de Jesús Martínez Zepeda, asked the population to support and contribute to the realization of the "Strategic Security Plan" because he welcomes the initiative of the municipality aimed at solving this serious problem that harms the whole of society.
The intervention of the Bishop, according to the note sent to Fides Agency, is motivated by several incidents of violence that occurred in past days in the city and by the presence of the Mexican army in the streets for this reason. "In theory, the plan seems good, but we must be careful that it actually manages to achieve its goals", said the Archbishop. The Strategic Security Plan was undertaken by the Directorate of Public Security.
Mgr. Martínez Zepeda wanted to explicitly point out that the security issue affects everyone, so as to have peace in society, and cannot be left only in the hands of the authorities. The Diocese of Irapuato borders with the Archdiocese of Morelia, in Michoacan area, and the population shares the same reality and the same social problems, including violence (see Fides 06/08/2013). The intervention of the Bishop reflects the public opinion of the population in the area, that had been informed of the army's intervention to stop the violence of criminal groups. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 07/08/2013)
- 2014-11-15 - A Comboni missionary found dead in a mass grave, among other bodies
- 2014-11-13 - Mexican Bishops: "We do not want more blood, people killed or who disappear ... Enough!"
- 2014-11-11 - Show all the corruption and lies of those who have turned away from God and from the truth
- 2014-11-10 - The Bishops' appeal: "No more corruption and violence! Thorough investigation is needed"
- 2014-11-10 - The poor and the marginalized become producers of their food
- 2014-11-06 - Ecumenical Initiative: 43 hours of fasting and prayer for the 43 students of Ayotzinapa
- 2014-11-03 - The Bishops to the families of the students missing: "Hope pushes to keep fighting"
- 2014-10-30 - The families of the students who disappeared will be received by the President, Pope Francis asks for prayers
- 2014-10-27 - Living Rosary: 30 thousand faithful pray for drug traffickers and organized crime
- 2014-10-24 - Appeal and prayers for the students kidnapped: "Let them come back alive"