AMERICA/MEXICO - Strategic Security Plan: all together to stop violence and have peace
Irapuato (Agenzia Fides) - The Bishop of the Mexican Diocese in Irapuato, His Exc. Mgr. José de Jesús Martínez Zepeda, asked the population to support and contribute to the realization of the "Strategic Security Plan" because he welcomes the initiative of the municipality aimed at solving this serious problem that harms the whole of society.
The intervention of the Bishop, according to the note sent to Fides Agency, is motivated by several incidents of violence that occurred in past days in the city and by the presence of the Mexican army in the streets for this reason. "In theory, the plan seems good, but we must be careful that it actually manages to achieve its goals", said the Archbishop. The Strategic Security Plan was undertaken by the Directorate of Public Security.
Mgr. Martínez Zepeda wanted to explicitly point out that the security issue affects everyone, so as to have peace in society, and cannot be left only in the hands of the authorities. The Diocese of Irapuato borders with the Archdiocese of Morelia, in Michoacan area, and the population shares the same reality and the same social problems, including violence (see Fides 06/08/2013). The intervention of the Bishop reflects the public opinion of the population in the area, that had been informed of the army's intervention to stop the violence of criminal groups. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 07/08/2013)
- 2015-07-02 - A recreational project for indigenous children of different ethnicities
- 2015-07-02 - Widespread violence does not spare even three elderly nuns
- 2015-06-25 - Periodic monitoring of the situation of migrants, joint efforts of government and Church
- 2015-06-15 - Bishop of Mazatlan’s appeal after the violence perpetrated during the weekend
- 2015-06-13 - A card to distinguish true priests from false priests
- 2015-06-11 - The Bishops invite the winners of the elections to fulfil the promises made
- 2015-05-28 - The churches of Piedras Negras become centers of aid to people affected by the tornado
- 2015-05-27 - Tornado among the strongest recorded in the country affects Ciudad Acuña: 14 deaths and massive damage
- 2015-05-20 - AMERICA/MEXICO – Mgr. Moreno Barron’s appeal: Go and vote, do not sell your vote
- 2015-05-19 - Six million Mexican children do not go to school because of discrimination