AMERICA/ECUADOR - OCLACC Assembly: The Mission of communicators, promoting the spread of truth
Quito (Agenzia Fides) - The Assembly of the Continental Organizations of Latin American countries and the Caribbeans of Catholic Communication (OCLACC) is being held (from 1 to 3 August) at the “Nuestra Señora del Quinche” Spirituality Center in Quito. This is the first OCLACC/Signis Assembly, says a note sent to Fides Agency, and this meeting will aim to analyze the role of Signis (the World Catholic Association for Communication) in the communications of the Catholic communities of the continent.
"The media are an inescapable reality that causes major changes not only in terms of technology and culture, but also in the history of the Church", said His Exc. Mgr. Claudio Maria Celli, president of the Pontifical Council for Social Communications, in a video message of greetings to the participants in the meeting, which was proposed during the first session.
The President of the Pontifical Council for Social Communications pointed out that currently "in many geographical contexts, communication has to deal with great difficulties, especially where rules or laws are approved that threaten freedom of expression, of opinion and of the press". For this reason, Mgr. Celli reiterates that "the position of Christians will always be to search for all legitimate ways to denounce situations of injustice and promote the spread of truth", because "to tell the truth about man in the light of the Word of God is one of the missions of Catholic communicators in Latin America". The OCCLAC assembly is also planning the examination of the new directives 2013 to 2017. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 02/08/2013)
- 2013-11-15 AMERICA/ECUADOR - National Congress: Religious freedom and the public dimension of faith for the closing of the Year of Faith
- 2013-10-30 AMERICA/ECUADOR - Resignation of the Apostolic Vicar of Galapagos and appointment of successor
- 2013-10-14 AMERICA/ECUADOR – Legalization of abortion, the President threatens to resign: the Church praises him
- 2013-09-16 AMERICA/ECUADOR - Commitment of the parish of Imantag for vulnerable people
- 2013-08-22 AMERICA/ECUADOR - Over 4 million working children engaged in high-risk activities
- 2013-08-09 AMERICA/ECUADOR - International Day of Indigenous Peoples: the demands of the indigenous of Ecuador
- 2013-08-02 AMERICA/ECUADOR - OCLACC Assembly: The Mission of communicators, promoting the spread of truth
- 2013-07-10 AMERICA/ECUADOR - Bishop Arellano launches the alarm concerning the new legislation on drug use, the country is divided
- 2013-06-19 AMERICA/ECUADOR - The new Communications Law has been approved
- 2013-05-11 AMERICA/ECUADOR - The first Holy Colombian, big feast also in the Ande of Ecuador