ASIA/JAPAN - More than 66,000 cases of child abuse in 2012
Singapore (Agenzia Fides) - Since 1990, Japan has started recording cases of child abuse and, since then, the phenomenon has never decreased, over 60 thousand a year. With social awareness and the increase of complaints, after 23 years, only in 2012 66,000 cases were registered. According to a recent report by Kyodo Agency, society has increased awareness of this drama and there is a better collaboration between the police and children's support centers, which favors a higher number of requests for help and complaints. However, of the total of 66 thousand 807 cases in 2012, only 27 judicial requests of suspension of the rights of the victims' parents were made, 15 of these have been fulfilled. Other figures indicate the death of 58 minors, of whom 25 under one year of age. (AP) (Agenzia Fides 31/07/2013)
- 2013-10-10 ASIA/JAPAN - "Pacem in Terris" in Japanese infects society
- 2013-07-31 ASIA/JAPAN - More than 66,000 cases of child abuse in 2012
- 2013-04-10 ASIA/JAPAN - "Peaceful relations between North Korea and neighboring countries": the hope of the Church
- 2013-02-23 ASIA/JAPAN - Bishops tell Prime Minister Shinzo Abe: “No arms, no nuclear power, the Constitution cannot be changed”
- 2011-11-10 ASIA/JAPAN - The Bishops: "Stop to nuclear power, yes to alternative energy sources, a moral obligation for the future"
- 2011-09-09 ASIA/JAPAN - Caritas, six months after the earthquake: "Winter is round the corner for 100 thousand displaced persons, more efficient aid is required"
- 2011-08-30 ASIA/JAPAN - The Church asks the new Prime Minister Noda "more collaboration between state and religions"
- 2011-06-13 ASIA/JAPAN-Resignation of the Bishop of Hiroshima and appointment of successor
- 2011-05-17 ASIA/JAPAN- The visit of Cardinal Sarah to the earthquake area has ended, " great encouragement to the Church and for the country"
- 2011-05-13 ASIA/JAPAN-The Nuncio: "The visit of Cardinal Sarah is a boost of encouragement for stricken Japan"