AMERICA/ARGENTINA - First anniversary for "El hogar Emaus" that welcomes the homeless
San Carlos de Bariloche (Agenzia Fides) - "El hogar Emaus", which welcomes men who live on the streets at night, celebrated its first anniversary in its present location. The project of the Reception House is already 5 years old, but during the first four the people assisted have slept in borrowed facilities.
The note sent to Fides Agency reports that the public ceremony was attended by the Mayor Maria Eugenia Martini and the priest José María Lynch, now in charge of Hogar, who read a letter sent by the new Bishop of Bariloche, His Exc. Mgr. Juan José Chaparro Stivanello, C.M.F. In the letter the Bishop congratulated the promoters of the project, "for the work and the spirit in which this service is carried out". His predecessor, Mgr. Fernando Maletti, was a great promoter of the construction of the current premises, which are the fruit of the collaboration of the community, the private sector and the State.
The homeless, that increase with the arrival of winter, arrive in the evening finding a hot meal and shelter where they can sleep.
In San Carlos de Bariloche, in the Argentine Patagonia, the cold of the night during the winter has killed many people. In the last few days about 40 people attended this reception house, coordinated by the Bishop, who for several months has benefited from the contribution of seven municipal employees and other volunteers. This initiative of the diocese continues thanks to the generosity and commitment of Catholics, aware of the call of the Church to take care of our neediest brothers. "Stay with us, Lord, for it is almost evening" (Luke 24:29). (CE) (Agenzia Fides 30/07/2013)
- 2015-11-27 - AMERICA/ARGENTINA – For the Bishops: to encourage gambling addiction "is a crime against the poorest"
- 2015-11-25 - New President: the Church hopes stronger solidarity policies for vulnerable sectors
- 2015-11-20 - Thousands occupy houses and land, the Bishop denounces the absence of state authorities
- 2015-11-17 - Family, formation of priests, environmental problems: the topics analyzed by the Bishops
- 2015-11-11 - 140 years ago the first group of Salesian missionaries arrived in Patagonia
- 2015-11-09 - Assembly of Bishops in progress: Eucharistic Congress, family and priestly formation Buenos
- 2015-11-05 - Mining company withdraws from La Rioja: statement of the Bishop and the Deputy Governor
- 2015-11-04 - The request of the diocese to the State: "Do not suspend the subsidies to schools"
- 2015-11-03 - National Day of the Sick, an opportunity aimed to arouse greater sensitivity
- 2015-10-26 - AMERICA/ARGENTINA – First stage of Bishop’s beatification process expected to take two years