AMERICA/ARGENTINA - First anniversary for "El hogar Emaus" that welcomes the homeless
San Carlos de Bariloche (Agenzia Fides) - "El hogar Emaus", which welcomes men who live on the streets at night, celebrated its first anniversary in its present location. The project of the Reception House is already 5 years old, but during the first four the people assisted have slept in borrowed facilities.
The note sent to Fides Agency reports that the public ceremony was attended by the Mayor Maria Eugenia Martini and the priest José María Lynch, now in charge of Hogar, who read a letter sent by the new Bishop of Bariloche, His Exc. Mgr. Juan José Chaparro Stivanello, C.M.F. In the letter the Bishop congratulated the promoters of the project, "for the work and the spirit in which this service is carried out". His predecessor, Mgr. Fernando Maletti, was a great promoter of the construction of the current premises, which are the fruit of the collaboration of the community, the private sector and the State.
The homeless, that increase with the arrival of winter, arrive in the evening finding a hot meal and shelter where they can sleep.
In San Carlos de Bariloche, in the Argentine Patagonia, the cold of the night during the winter has killed many people. In the last few days about 40 people attended this reception house, coordinated by the Bishop, who for several months has benefited from the contribution of seven municipal employees and other volunteers. This initiative of the diocese continues thanks to the generosity and commitment of Catholics, aware of the call of the Church to take care of our neediest brothers. "Stay with us, Lord, for it is almost evening" (Luke 24:29). (CE) (Agenzia Fides 30/07/2013)
- 2015-03-04 - "God did not create borders": for 65 years a Mass for brotherhood between Chile and Argentina
- 2015-02-17 - During Lent let us assess our spirit of mission: message from Archbishop Arancedo
- 2015-02-14 - Mgr. Buenanueva:"We need good quality citizens"
- 2015-02-12 - Mgr. Lozano denounces: deaths due to child malnutrition in the country
- 2015-01-22 - Nisman case: Bishops: "the people want the truth"
- 2015-01-15 - Divine Word Missionaries from Asia, Africa and Oceania work in Argentina
- 2015-01-09 - Tuberculosis and Chagas disease out of control in the Chaco
- 2014-12-23 - Church and government for the common good and peace of the country
- 2014-12-19 - AMERICA/ARGENTINA – The Bishops: "Working together to build a more fraternal Country"
- 2014-12-17 - Church and government meet again