AMERICA/MEXICO - The Bishop of Saltillo supports the defenders of human rights of immigrants
Saltillo (Agenzia Fides) - "In the minds of many, immigrants are a threat, they are thugs. But this happens to people who suffer from xenophobia, and this is one of the things we have always tackled": this is how the Bishop of the Diocese of Saltillo, His Exc. Mgr. Raúl Vera López, expressed himself after Sunday Mass yesterday, according to the note sent to Fides Agency. He became aware of the fact that other immigrants arrived at the Casa del Migrante in a terrible situation, beaten and abused, subjected to abuse, on behalf of members of the municipal police, the Bishop added: "The staff at the Casa del Migrante say that they believe their words, because they know the immigrant well and know the spiritual strength that is in them and the reasons why they are immigrating".
The Bishop wanted to publicly support the defenders of human rights of immigrants, because they have recognized moral qualities that allow them to denounce the abuses and torture suffered by the police. The mayor, Abraham Boulder, had in fact asked for evidence of the alleged violations committed by officials of the municipality. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 29/07/2013)
- 2014-12-15 - The Church reminds authorities that they even have to respond to the law for their actions
- 2014-12-13 - AMERICA/MEXICO – Conclusion of the 10th "Caravan of hope": 9 missing migrants found
- 2014-12-10 - The Church close to the families of the missing students and engaged in proposing solutions
- 2014-12-09 - AMERICA/MEXICO – After14 years ordination of 9 Indigenous permanent deacons
- 2014-12-09 - AMERICA/MEXICO – Young man dies to obtain justice
- 2014-12-06 - Bishop of Torreón calls for “more proposals and less protests to achieve peace”
- 2014-12-03 - Bishop Alba: "We cannot allow criminals steal our streets, steal our peace"
- 2014-11-29 - After improvised lessons in the street, minors are forced to bring chairs in a house used as a school every day
- 2014-11-29 - Students missing: "The authorities must clarify the situation", said the Bishop of Tlaxcala
- 2014-11-28 - From the first Sunday of Advent: Twelve Days of Prayer for Peace