AMERICA/NICARAGUA - A century of commitment to re-educate and reintegrate young people in need
Managua (Agenzia Fides) - The Cathedral of Managua was crowded with faithful for the celebration of the Holy Mass, presided by His Exc. Mgr. Leopoldo José Brenes, Metropolitan Archbishop of Managua, who gave rise to the jubilee year to celebrate the centenary of Hogar Zacarias Guerra, founded and directed by the Congregation of Amigoniani.
During the celebration, the 40th anniversary of the presence of the Capuchin Tertiaries in Nicaragua was also commemorated. The note sent to Fides Agency reports that in addition to representatives of the different amigoniane communities and Capuchin Tertiaries, many priests and religious of the diocese and Mgr. Vincenzo Turturro, secretary of the Apostolic Nuncio participated in the Mass, celebrated on 17 July. At the end of the Mass the director of Hogar Zacarias Guerra, Father Jose Ramirez (Joselito) gave a speech.
Founded by Father Louis Amigò y Ferrer, the Congregation of the Amigoniani is present in many Latin American countries, where it is engaged in re-education, rehabilitation and reintegration of children and young people who, for various reasons, have come into conflict with each other or with society, for lack of affection, due to family, social, material and moral problems, behavioral and personality disorders.
The Amigoniana Pedagogy contemplates in every young person the mystery of Christ. For this some Gospel passages as inspiration for his action were taken: the good shepherd, the lost sheep, the Good Samaritan ... Educators, religious and laity, work in groups and scientifically and technically prepare themselves for this mission. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 25/07/2013)
- 2015-07-16 - Nearly two million Central American children are undernourished
- 2015-07-14 - Two children and a woman killed by mistake by the police; Mgr. Baez calls for justice
- 2015-06-30 - "We are losing the values and respect for life", warns Cardinal Brenes
- 2015-06-22 - Two years after the attack against the elderly, the case has not yet been solved
- 2015-06-15 - Still controversy over the transoceanic canal; Mgr. Baez "more transparency is needed"
- 2015-06-03 - AMERICA/NICARAGUA – Drought continues: the population without water and crops
- 2015-05-05 - "Informed citizenry is able to build a just society", says Msg. Baez
- 2015-03-27 - Group of Spanish Catholic volunteers give support to Nicaraguan children
- 2015-03-20 - Project which involves women to bring electricity to poor communities
- 2015-03-09 - Lent: journey of liberation to fight indifference and selfishness