AMERICA/NICARAGUA - A century of commitment to re-educate and reintegrate young people in need
Managua (Agenzia Fides) - The Cathedral of Managua was crowded with faithful for the celebration of the Holy Mass, presided by His Exc. Mgr. Leopoldo José Brenes, Metropolitan Archbishop of Managua, who gave rise to the jubilee year to celebrate the centenary of Hogar Zacarias Guerra, founded and directed by the Congregation of Amigoniani.
During the celebration, the 40th anniversary of the presence of the Capuchin Tertiaries in Nicaragua was also commemorated. The note sent to Fides Agency reports that in addition to representatives of the different amigoniane communities and Capuchin Tertiaries, many priests and religious of the diocese and Mgr. Vincenzo Turturro, secretary of the Apostolic Nuncio participated in the Mass, celebrated on 17 July. At the end of the Mass the director of Hogar Zacarias Guerra, Father Jose Ramirez (Joselito) gave a speech.
Founded by Father Louis Amigò y Ferrer, the Congregation of the Amigoniani is present in many Latin American countries, where it is engaged in re-education, rehabilitation and reintegration of children and young people who, for various reasons, have come into conflict with each other or with society, for lack of affection, due to family, social, material and moral problems, behavioral and personality disorders.
The Amigoniana Pedagogy contemplates in every young person the mystery of Christ. For this some Gospel passages as inspiration for his action were taken: the good shepherd, the lost sheep, the Good Samaritan ... Educators, religious and laity, work in groups and scientifically and technically prepare themselves for this mission. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 25/07/2013)
- 2015-11-18 - Bishops meeting: Bring the Gospel to those who use "the digital world"
- 2015-10-28 - The anti-interoceanic canal march suspended, but the population still opposes
- 2015-10-19 - Mining activity in Rancho Grande is "not feasible": listen to the people and the Church
- 2015-10-12 - The Church ready to mediate in the mine issue, "no one has to die for this"
- 2015-10-08 - Clashes between police and protesters, the Church is the only intermediary
- 2015-10-07 - The support of Cardinal Brenes: "Punish those who exploit the naivety of the poor"
- 2015-09-18 - Bishops of Bluefields: "We cannot share the violence among poor peasants and indigenous"
- 2015-09-14 - Families fleeing and still clashes in Waspam, request of a Truth Commission
- 2015-09-10 - Clashes over land concern the Bishops of Bluefields: "there will be no solution if there is violence"
- 2015-07-16 - Nearly two million Central American children are undernourished