ASIA/CHINA - Summer camp: a favorable opportunity to promote faith among boys and girls
Shi Jia Zhuang (Agenzia Fides) - With the arrival of the school holidays, the Catholic communities of mainland China are involved in the organization of summer camps, which are now a traditional annual event to promote the faith of boys and girls.
As reported to Fides by Faith of He Bei, His Exc. Mgr. Liang Jian Sen, Bishop of the Diocese of Jiang Men in the province of Guang Dong, presided on July 21, in the cathedral, the Mass for fifty junior and high school students that are participating in the summer camp from July 14 to 28, organized by the community of the cathedral. The priests and nuns take care of the meetings of catechism, church music, liturgy, and also to assist the children in school assignments. According to Fr. Huang, responsible of the camp, "Our initiative aims to help children to get to know faith, so that they can put it into practice in their everyday life from an early age, becoming sentinels of Christ".
They were instead 28 university students Catholics who participated in the third edition of the summer camp organized by the parish of Dong Hei in Inner Mongolia, led by the Sisters of the Little Servants of the Sacred Heart of Our Lady, which was held from July 16 to 21. According to one of the children "we were able to get closer to the Lord during 5 days of intense spiritual journey". Previously, the sisters had also organized the children’s camping. (NZ) (Agenzia Fides 23/07/2013)
- 2015-05-13 - An exhibition of historical objects commemorates the pioneers of the mission in the Year of Consecrated Life
- 2015-05-06 - In the month of Mary: pilgrimage to enrich faith, respecting environment, recalling the commitment missionary
- 2015-04-17 - Catholic communities towards the Jubilee of Mercy
- 2015-03-24 - The Chinese Catholic community towards Easter
- 2015-03-17 - Even the "24 hours for the Lord" in the Lenten journey of the Chinese Catholics
- 2015-03-10 - The Bishop of Jing Xian highlights the need to give authentic Christian witness
- 2015-03-04 - The Catholic communities pray for the persecuted Christians in the Middle East and around the world
- 2015-02-21 - ASIA/CHINA – Visits to the elderly and the poor, thanksgiving to God: Chinese Catholics celebrate New Year
- 2015-02-04 - The ancient church of the diocese of Ning Bo will soon return to being the symbol of the city
- 2014-12-12 - "I walk with you": the Catholic community prepares itself for Christmas