ASIA/CHINA - Summer camp: a favorable opportunity to promote faith among boys and girls
Shi Jia Zhuang (Agenzia Fides) - With the arrival of the school holidays, the Catholic communities of mainland China are involved in the organization of summer camps, which are now a traditional annual event to promote the faith of boys and girls.
As reported to Fides by Faith of He Bei, His Exc. Mgr. Liang Jian Sen, Bishop of the Diocese of Jiang Men in the province of Guang Dong, presided on July 21, in the cathedral, the Mass for fifty junior and high school students that are participating in the summer camp from July 14 to 28, organized by the community of the cathedral. The priests and nuns take care of the meetings of catechism, church music, liturgy, and also to assist the children in school assignments. According to Fr. Huang, responsible of the camp, "Our initiative aims to help children to get to know faith, so that they can put it into practice in their everyday life from an early age, becoming sentinels of Christ".
They were instead 28 university students Catholics who participated in the third edition of the summer camp organized by the parish of Dong Hei in Inner Mongolia, led by the Sisters of the Little Servants of the Sacred Heart of Our Lady, which was held from July 16 to 21. According to one of the children "we were able to get closer to the Lord during 5 days of intense spiritual journey". Previously, the sisters had also organized the children’s camping. (NZ) (Agenzia Fides 23/07/2013)
- 2014-11-05 - After years of waiting, the small community of Lai Gang has its own chapel
- 2014-10-29 - Christians and make Catholics aware of their missionary responsibility
- 2014-10-08 - Mgr. Giovanni Chrysostom Lan Shi, an apostle of the youth
- 2014-10-08 - Msg. Giovanni Battista Wang Jin’s particular commitment to priestly vocations
- 2014-09-26 - A hundred days dedicated to the formation of young people in the diocese of Xian Xian
- 2014-09-25 - Born into a family of martyrs, Fr. Bonaventura De Li Chong has died, a witness of the Gospel and the life of charity
- 2014-09-16 - ASIA/CHINA – Death of Archbishop Giuseppe Wu, zealous shepherd dedicated to formation of seminarians and women religious
- 2014-09-16 - “The mission of priests today”: cultural sharing in Taiwan for a group of priests from He Bei
- 2014-09-06 - Celebration of the sacraments and missionary mandate after Summer catechism courses
- 2014-07-23 - Too much time wasted in front of a computer or on cell phones, too little to read the Bible