ASIA/CHINA - Summer camp: a favorable opportunity to promote faith among boys and girls
Shi Jia Zhuang (Agenzia Fides) - With the arrival of the school holidays, the Catholic communities of mainland China are involved in the organization of summer camps, which are now a traditional annual event to promote the faith of boys and girls.
As reported to Fides by Faith of He Bei, His Exc. Mgr. Liang Jian Sen, Bishop of the Diocese of Jiang Men in the province of Guang Dong, presided on July 21, in the cathedral, the Mass for fifty junior and high school students that are participating in the summer camp from July 14 to 28, organized by the community of the cathedral. The priests and nuns take care of the meetings of catechism, church music, liturgy, and also to assist the children in school assignments. According to Fr. Huang, responsible of the camp, "Our initiative aims to help children to get to know faith, so that they can put it into practice in their everyday life from an early age, becoming sentinels of Christ".
They were instead 28 university students Catholics who participated in the third edition of the summer camp organized by the parish of Dong Hei in Inner Mongolia, led by the Sisters of the Little Servants of the Sacred Heart of Our Lady, which was held from July 16 to 21. According to one of the children "we were able to get closer to the Lord during 5 days of intense spiritual journey". Previously, the sisters had also organized the children’s camping. (NZ) (Agenzia Fides 23/07/2013)
- 2014-07-23 - Too much time wasted in front of a computer or on cell phones, too little to read the Bible
- 2014-07-16 - Formation, communion and sharing: the Catholic community committed to summer camps for children
- 2014-06-09 - Baptisms and confirmations on the Solemnity of Pentecost, a new impetus to mission
- 2014-05-26 - 20 000 baptisms celebrated at Easter in the Catholic community in mainland China
- 2014-03-27 - Death of Mgr. Joseph Fan Zhongliang, Bishop of Shanghai: always committed to serving the Church in spite of great difficulties
- 2014-03-27 - The Archdiocese of Xi An makes a pilgrimage to the Marian Shrine of Hu Xian for the Annunciation
- 2014-03-18 - Priests and nuns in the most remote villages to help the faithful live Lent
- 2014-03-07 - The women of Zi Gong: active in the Church and in society, following the example of Mary
- 2014-03-04 - ASIA/CHINA – The formation of the laity in view of Lent intensifies
- 2014-02-27 - ASIA/CHINA – Eucharistic adoration and sobriety: message from Han Dan diocese for the new year