AFRICA/CENTRAL AFRICAN REPUBLIC - A day of prayer for peace and social justice
Bangui (Agenzia Fides) - As a result of the serious political situation that has paralyzed the population of the Central African Republic since March 24, the Order of Carmel in Bangui has organized a real "crusade of prayer" according to which each family is invited to the recitation of the rosary. The faithful have been gathering in front of the Grotto of Our Lady for months. "In recent weeks we have experienced how the people love us, they have not betrayed us, indeed, since then, our chapel is always full of people who come to pray with us", this is what Fr. Davide Sollami, of the Ligurians Carmelite Missions, says. To support this initiative, the Attorney Missions of Arenzano proposed a day of prayer for Sunday, July 21, to be shared in public with all the faithful. The intent is to celebrate the Eucharist in communion with the Carmelite mission in Central Africa and the Carmelite convents and monasteries of Liguria asking God for the gift of peace in the CAR, where missionaries, nuns and lay volunteers are committed to the innocent people who suffer the actions of the "Séléka" rebels, in the midst of riots, theft and violence. The Carmelites also suggest a particular intention to be added to the prayer of the faithful, "pray for the Central African Catholic Church which is suffering due to the desecration of places of worship, looting and theft in parishes, missions, schools and health centers, responding to violence with the 'arms' of love, prayer, solidarity, testifying the power of the Gospel for the true progress of peoples". (AP) (Agenzia Fides 16/07/2013)
AFRICA/CENTRAL AFRICAN REPUBLIC
- 2014-12-09 - “Where are you, perpetrator of violence in Central Africa?” demands the Archbishop of Bangui
- 2014-12-04 - Special Mass for peace at Bangui Carmel hosting 4,000 refugees
- 2014-12-02 - The Bishops denounce: "Banditry threatens peace, it seems that some have fun scattering weapons among the population"
- 2014-11-28 - The head of the group that had seized the Polish priest has been released
- 2014-11-27 - The Vicar General of Bouar: "Fr. Mateusz is fine and was released without the use of force"
- 2014-11-25 - Mgr. Nzapalainga and the Church in aid of former Seleka rebels: a gesture of forgiveness and reconciliation
- 2014-11-20 - AFRICA/CENTRAL AFRICA – Award given to the leaders of the "platform of Religious for Peace", including the Archbishop of Bangui
- 2014-10-15 - Contacts with the kidnappers of the Polish missionary
- 2014-10-08 - Despite chaos and violence in Bozoum, schools have reopened and the pastoral year has started
- 2014-10-03 - Caritas France: "The situation is still critical because of violence"