AMERICA/VENEZUELA - "National Dialogue": Bishops' appeal at the conclusion of the 100th Assembly
Caracas (Agenzia Fides) - In a national context marked by deep divisions, "the Church promotes national dialogue with deep democratic spirit. We are all involved in building the good of the country. And we all have to solve the main problems of the country, such as insecurity, and work for everything related to quality of life ": This is what the statement said, released at the conclusion of the Ordinary Assembly of the Episcopal Conference of Venezuela. As reported to Fides Agency, this 100th assembly was held in Caracas from July 8 to 12 and was widely followed by the entire population because of the difficult situation the country is experiencing.
Presenting the reality of the country, the Bishops, speaking of the presidential elections held on April 14, wrote: "The process was characterized by an opportunistic campaign and showed that there are serious deficiencies in our electoral system. This fact generated acts of violence. This highlights, once again, the deep division of the Venezuelan people". The text sent to Fides Agency, continues: "The good of the country demands a solution. But the solution cannot be to destroy those who do not feel the same way. Our point of reference is the Constitution, which indicates the limits in which one can move and which must always be a point of unity". (CE) (Agenzia Fides13/07/2013)
- 2014-10-28 - Cardinal Urosa Savino: "Respect for political prisoners"
- 2014-10-21 - AMERICA/VENEZUELA – May Saint John Paul II accompany Venezuela in the paths of peace and justice
- 2014-10-01 - "Division is not from God": in march for peace and unity of the country
- 2014-09-30 - Violence in the country does not decrease: a military chaplain killed
- 2014-09-27 - "Do not be afraid of peace" Pope Francis’ letter to Venezuela
- 2014-09-16 - AMERICA/VENEZUELA – Laity meet apostolic Nuncio, a tradition which encourages the unity of the Church
- 2014-08-12 - "Commit to a missionary cooperation", the V National Missionary Congress has concluded
- 2014-08-06 - The V National Missionary Congress begins
- 2014-07-14 - "Give teachers their salaries": church’s appeal in favor of teachers
- 2014-07-12 - "It is impossible to find a solution if you do not listen to the people", say the Bishops