AMERICA/VENEZUELA - "National Dialogue": Bishops' appeal at the conclusion of the 100th Assembly
Caracas (Agenzia Fides) - In a national context marked by deep divisions, "the Church promotes national dialogue with deep democratic spirit. We are all involved in building the good of the country. And we all have to solve the main problems of the country, such as insecurity, and work for everything related to quality of life ": This is what the statement said, released at the conclusion of the Ordinary Assembly of the Episcopal Conference of Venezuela. As reported to Fides Agency, this 100th assembly was held in Caracas from July 8 to 12 and was widely followed by the entire population because of the difficult situation the country is experiencing.
Presenting the reality of the country, the Bishops, speaking of the presidential elections held on April 14, wrote: "The process was characterized by an opportunistic campaign and showed that there are serious deficiencies in our electoral system. This fact generated acts of violence. This highlights, once again, the deep division of the Venezuelan people". The text sent to Fides Agency, continues: "The good of the country demands a solution. But the solution cannot be to destroy those who do not feel the same way. Our point of reference is the Constitution, which indicates the limits in which one can move and which must always be a point of unity". (CE) (Agenzia Fides13/07/2013)
- 2015-09-01 - The Bishops on the situation of conflict with Colombia: "Human rights are the same for all"
- 2015-08-12 - No social communications no democracy Bishop Lückert León speaks about the media
- 2015-08-11 - Drugs are lacking in the country, some use those for animals
- 2015-08-07 - There are 10,000 participants attending the III Youth National Meeting
- 2015-08-06 - National meeting among the indigenous communities for the protection of human rights
- 2015-07-21 - The body of a Franciscan who died a few days has been found
- 2015-07-20 - Games, songs, dances: a feast to celebrate children
- 2015-07-10 - Catholic Bishops: "The Christian experience must have social consequences"
- 2015-07-07 - Mgr. Padrón: "Corruption, repression, popular discontent characterize the present"
- 2015-07-06 - 35,000 people have been isolated due to floods, other 25,000 at risk