AMERICA/MEXICO - "While murders continue, the government reacts slowly," the voice of the church
Coahuila (Agenzia Fides) - "While disappearances and deaths linked to drug trafficking continue, the main characteristics of the strategy of the federal government advance slowly against organized crime and above all what is striking is the lack of clarity of the actions to be taken", said Mgr. Raul Vera Lopez, Bishop of Saltillo, during a press conference after the closing Mass of the pilgrimage to the Basilica of Guadalupe.
Mgr. Vera Lopez also reflected on the incidents of violence recorded before the elections held last week in 14 States, with the killing of some candidates.
"This violence smells of organized crime, and political parties and the PGR (Attorney General's Office) must stop it, otherwise drug dealers will choose who they want to put in public offices", concluded the Bishop. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 11/07/2013)
- 2013-12-10 AMERICA/MEXICO - Caravan of mothers: "The Church condemns all forms of violence against anyone, including immigrants", says the Bishop of Cordoba
- 2013-12-09 AMERICA/MEXICO - Evening Mass restarts, the communities want to prepare themselves for upcoming feasts
- 2013-12-07 AMERICA/MEXICO - "The Church is not afraid of threats", says the Bishop of Toluca
- 2013-12-06 AMERICA/MEXICO - "They left alive, we want them back alive": solidarity for the Caravan of Central American mothers
- 2013-11-25 AMERICA/MEXICO - "Violence against women is a social challenge", says Bishop Sanchez
- 2013-11-21 AMERICA/MEXICO - The Archbishop of Morelia calls on the population: "take shelter... there is violence in the street"
- 2013-11-12 AMERICA/MEXICO - "Evangelization in a context of violence" at the center of the reflection of the Bishops’ Assembly
- 2013-11-11 AMERICA/MEXICO - Three commitments on behalf of the authorities for migrants, after the intervention of Mgr. Vera López
- 2013-11-06 AMERICA/MEXICO – Historic event: a Bishop at the Congress of Coahuila opens a dialogue for the rights of migrants
- 2013-11-05 AMERICA/MEXICO - Children do not want to speak indigenous languages for fear of discrimination