AMERICA/MEXICO - "While murders continue, the government reacts slowly," the voice of the church
Coahuila (Agenzia Fides) - "While disappearances and deaths linked to drug trafficking continue, the main characteristics of the strategy of the federal government advance slowly against organized crime and above all what is striking is the lack of clarity of the actions to be taken", said Mgr. Raul Vera Lopez, Bishop of Saltillo, during a press conference after the closing Mass of the pilgrimage to the Basilica of Guadalupe.
Mgr. Vera Lopez also reflected on the incidents of violence recorded before the elections held last week in 14 States, with the killing of some candidates.
"This violence smells of organized crime, and political parties and the PGR (Attorney General's Office) must stop it, otherwise drug dealers will choose who they want to put in public offices", concluded the Bishop. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 11/07/2013)
- 2014-03-05 AMERICA/MEXICO - The phenomenon of adolescent mothers who drop out of school continues to worsen
- 2014-03-04 AMERICA/MEXICO - Ash Wednesday: 200 priests go to prisons, to bring hope and encouragement
- 2014-03-03 AMERICA/MEXICO - Five thousand people with the Bishop to march for peace and the family
- 2014-02-24 AMERICA/MEXICO - “We must be all involved to stop the violence” says the Bishop of Zacatecas
- 2014-02-20 AMERICA/MEXICO - Prevention is not enough: Church, state and society must work together to combat human trafficking
- 2014-02-18 AMERICA/MEXICO - "Society based on the family": opening of the Year of the Family in the Diocese of Orizaba
- 2014-02-12 AMERICA/MEXICO - Authorities have to talk less and be more effective in terms of safety
- 2014-02-06 AMERICA/MEXICO - Solidarity with the nuns assaulted and request to solve the problem of land
- 2014-02-05 AMERICA/MEXICO - The Church concerned about the influenza that kills
- 2014-02-04 AMERICA/MEXICO - "The use of drugs cannot be fought with drugs", the Archdiocese against the bill