AFRICA/CONGO DR - A priest presents cassava bread to reduce imports of grain from abroad
Kinshasa (Agenzia Fides) - 85% of bread made of wheat flour and 15% of cassava was presented on July 8 in Kimpese (in the province of Bas-Congo) by its inventor, Fr. Charles Kusika.
According to the priest, who runs a processing cassava plant, thanks to this project the cost to import flour from abroad will be reduced, allowing the Democratic Republic of Congo to save $500 million a year.
"Every year $ 4 billion of wheat flour is sold in our Country. If we manage to withdraw 15% from the market we could recover $ 500 million a year", the priest explained. (L.M.) (Agenzia Fides 11/07/2013)
- 2013-11-22 AFRICA/CONGO DR - "President, reinforce the presence of the State" is what civil society in North Kivu asks Kabila
- 2013-11-15 AFRICA/CONGO DR - Still instability in North Kivu: new attacks against civilians
- 2013-11-14 AFRICA/CONGO DR - The social market economy at the service of the individual and the community
- 2013-11-13 AFRICA/CONGO DR - Rwandan military deployed 3 km from Goma, civil society denounces
- 2013-11-12 AFRICA/DR CONGO - Catholics and Anglicans together for peace in the Great Lakes
- 2013-11-06 AFRICA/CONGO DR - The defeat of the M23: a historic victory for the Congolese army
- 2013-11-05 AFRICA/DR CONGO - The M23 surrenders but first bombards civilians, accuse local sources
- 2013-11-04 AFRICA/CONGO DR - The defeat of the M23 seems likely but there are 40 other armed groups in North Kivu
- 2013-10-28 AFRICA/CONGO DR - M23 : "There are several mass graves in addition to those already found" denounces civil society
- 2013-10-25 AFRICA/CONGO DR - Fighting between the army and M23 have resumed