AMERICA/PERU - A documentary about a Peruvian Catholic who died in a Nazi concentration camp will be shown during WYD
Lima (Agenzia Fides) - A documentary realized in Peru on the life of Madeleine Truel has been selected as one of the films that will be shown to the participants attending World Youth Day 2013 in Rio, says a note sent to Fides by the Peruvian Bishops.
"Madeleine Truel, the World War II Peruvian heroine" is the title of the documentary, which describes the achievements of Madeleine Truel, a Peruvian woman born of French parents, who fought in the French Resistance, working on the making of false documents, thanks to which many Jews were able to escape the death camps and several allied soldiers were able to infiltrate the French zone occupied by the Nazis. Madeleine Truel was captured in 1944 and sent to the concentration camp of Sachsenhausen (Germany), where she died during one of the death marches, on May 3, 1945, four days before the German surrender.
Her name appears in the list of resistants deported from France, who died during the Second World War, recognized by the French government in 2001. The documentary includes interviews and testimonies. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 08/07/2013)
- 2014-12-16 - Climate change: Christians in defense of the weak and of their suffering
- 2014-12-13 - Analysis of the socio-cultural impacts of mining and contribution of missionaries
- 2014-12-03 - COP 20: world meeting for climatic justice, churches together to care for creation
- 2014-11-15 - "Network for a Culture of meeting", also Cusco present at the XIII Meeting of RIIAL
- 2014-11-05 - The Bishops are always close to the 3 and a half million Peruvians away from home
- 2014-10-31 - Thousands of young people on pilgrimage instead of the "Feast of Hallowen"
- 2014-09-30 - How to prevent child labor and ensure adequate opportunities for growth
- 2014-09-23 - "Gold fever" increases human trafficking and sexual exploitation
- 2014-09-19 - The activist who fought for the Amazonian forest, against the deforestation of his land killed
- 2014-09-10 - “Young people without frontiers”: witnesses and proclaimers of the faith to the world of today