AMERICA/PERU - A documentary about a Peruvian Catholic who died in a Nazi concentration camp will be shown during WYD
Lima (Agenzia Fides) - A documentary realized in Peru on the life of Madeleine Truel has been selected as one of the films that will be shown to the participants attending World Youth Day 2013 in Rio, says a note sent to Fides by the Peruvian Bishops.
"Madeleine Truel, the World War II Peruvian heroine" is the title of the documentary, which describes the achievements of Madeleine Truel, a Peruvian woman born of French parents, who fought in the French Resistance, working on the making of false documents, thanks to which many Jews were able to escape the death camps and several allied soldiers were able to infiltrate the French zone occupied by the Nazis. Madeleine Truel was captured in 1944 and sent to the concentration camp of Sachsenhausen (Germany), where she died during one of the death marches, on May 3, 1945, four days before the German surrender.
Her name appears in the list of resistants deported from France, who died during the Second World War, recognized by the French government in 2001. The documentary includes interviews and testimonies. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 08/07/2013)
- 2014-04-16 - Small producers of pineapple take a step forward in the domestic market, with the support of Caritas
- 2014-04-02 - More than 600 former child workers have started school in the province of Chiclayo
- 2014-03-21 - Bishop of Chimbote obligated to special security measures
- 2014-03-07 - The Church denounces the alarming pollution of the Peruvian forest
- 2014-02-27 - “Ninos de plomo” Children of Lead: education programme for mineral contaminated minors
- 2014-02-19 - "For a participated and technical debate": the Bishops on the university law
- 2014-01-28 - Dispute between Peru and Chile: an example of how to resolve differences in a peaceful manner
- 2014-01-21 - In prayer for harmony among the peoples, pending the judgment of the Hague
- 2014-01-20 - The Bishops gathered in Plenary Assembly
- 2014-01-14 - "Without communication, there are no rights"