AMERICA/PERU - A documentary about a Peruvian Catholic who died in a Nazi concentration camp will be shown during WYD
Lima (Agenzia Fides) - A documentary realized in Peru on the life of Madeleine Truel has been selected as one of the films that will be shown to the participants attending World Youth Day 2013 in Rio, says a note sent to Fides by the Peruvian Bishops.
"Madeleine Truel, the World War II Peruvian heroine" is the title of the documentary, which describes the achievements of Madeleine Truel, a Peruvian woman born of French parents, who fought in the French Resistance, working on the making of false documents, thanks to which many Jews were able to escape the death camps and several allied soldiers were able to infiltrate the French zone occupied by the Nazis. Madeleine Truel was captured in 1944 and sent to the concentration camp of Sachsenhausen (Germany), where she died during one of the death marches, on May 3, 1945, four days before the German surrender.
Her name appears in the list of resistants deported from France, who died during the Second World War, recognized by the French government in 2001. The documentary includes interviews and testimonies. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 08/07/2013)
- 2015-05-12 - Bishops call for urgent action and dialogue, "No more violence" for the Tia Maria case
- 2015-04-13 - Many children grow up in prison with their imprisoned mothers
- 2015-04-09 - Children forced to attend classes under trees infested by wasps
- 2015-02-05 - In August, the beatification of three missionaries killed: the first martyrs of the diocese and Peru
- 2015-02-04 - The three missionaries killed in 1991 will be beatified because they were close to the poorest
- 2015-01-27 - The Bishop of Chimbote asks protection for judges: "We are living in fear"
- 2015-01-22 - Mgr. Salvador Piñeiro re-elected President of the Episcopal Conference
- 2015-01-19 - Missionary Father Bachs has died, defender of the right to education of young people in need
- 2014-12-16 - Climate change: Christians in defense of the weak and of their suffering
- 2014-12-13 - Analysis of the socio-cultural impacts of mining and contribution of missionaries