AMERICA/PERU - A documentary about a Peruvian Catholic who died in a Nazi concentration camp will be shown during WYD
Lima (Agenzia Fides) - A documentary realized in Peru on the life of Madeleine Truel has been selected as one of the films that will be shown to the participants attending World Youth Day 2013 in Rio, says a note sent to Fides by the Peruvian Bishops.
"Madeleine Truel, the World War II Peruvian heroine" is the title of the documentary, which describes the achievements of Madeleine Truel, a Peruvian woman born of French parents, who fought in the French Resistance, working on the making of false documents, thanks to which many Jews were able to escape the death camps and several allied soldiers were able to infiltrate the French zone occupied by the Nazis. Madeleine Truel was captured in 1944 and sent to the concentration camp of Sachsenhausen (Germany), where she died during one of the death marches, on May 3, 1945, four days before the German surrender.
Her name appears in the list of resistants deported from France, who died during the Second World War, recognized by the French government in 2001. The documentary includes interviews and testimonies. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 08/07/2013)
- 2015-09-24 - Mgr. Piorno to the authorities involved in court proceedings: "The best thing is to resign, for the tranquility of the population"
- 2015-09-08 - The Bishop of Chimbote: "the solution to insecurity is not lynching"
- 2015-09-02 - A month dedicated to combatting human trafficking
- 2015-07-25 - AMERICA/PERU – 100 years of mission among indigenous women in the Amazon
- 2015-07-23 - Peru and Brazil together to eradicate child labour in Amazonia
- 2015-07-03 - Lost childhood in coffee plantations
- 2015-06-13 - National Week of the Migrant: Letter of Bishops to 3 million Peruvians abroad
- 2015-05-12 - Bishops call for urgent action and dialogue, "No more violence" for the Tia Maria case
- 2015-04-13 - Many children grow up in prison with their imprisoned mothers
- 2015-04-09 - Children forced to attend classes under trees infested by wasps