ASIA/SYRIA - The victims in the Old Town caused by two mortar shells
Damascus (Agenzia Fides) - Sources of the Melkite Patriarchate in Damascus - whose headquarters is situated a few hundred meters from the Greek-Orthodox Patriarchate - refer to Fides Agency that the cause of the death of some people on Thursday, June 26 in the Old City was not suicide but the launch of two mortar shells. The area affected is a few meters from the Greek-Orthodox cathedral in Maryamiyya and also from the Shiite Al-Ishane charitable building. But the dynamics of the episode suggests that it was not a targeted attack.
It is not the first time that military attacks with howitzers and other heavy weaponry invest the narrow streets of the Old City of Damascus. (GV) (Agenzia Fides 28/06/2013).
- 2014-07-08 - The government army towards Aleppo. Bishop Audo: we are on edge between hopes and fears, we also lack drinking water
- 2014-06-17 - Aleppo still without water, churches reactivate the wells
- 2014-06-05 - Aleppo again without water, other missiles on the areas inhabited by the Armenians
- 2014-06-02 - ASIA/SYRIA – The jiahdists of ISIL in Raqqa confiscate the property of Christians
- 2014-05-19 - Armenian Catholic Archbishop Marayati: Christians flee from Aleppo, besieged city
- 2014-05-02 - Even a Christian tries to candidate himself in the presidential election in June
- 2014-04-28 - Armenian Catholic Archbishop Marayati: Aleppo again in the grip of war
- 2014-04-15 - A missile on an Armenian Catholic school: a child killed, 61 injured
- 2014-04-15 - Churches devastated and icons desecrated in Maalula
- 2014-04-14 - The government army regains control of the city of Maalula