ASIA/SYRIA - The victims in the Old Town caused by two mortar shells
Damascus (Agenzia Fides) - Sources of the Melkite Patriarchate in Damascus - whose headquarters is situated a few hundred meters from the Greek-Orthodox Patriarchate - refer to Fides Agency that the cause of the death of some people on Thursday, June 26 in the Old City was not suicide but the launch of two mortar shells. The area affected is a few meters from the Greek-Orthodox cathedral in Maryamiyya and also from the Shiite Al-Ishane charitable building. But the dynamics of the episode suggests that it was not a targeted attack.
It is not the first time that military attacks with howitzers and other heavy weaponry invest the narrow streets of the Old City of Damascus. (GV) (Agenzia Fides 28/06/2013).
- 2015-06-30 - Thousands of Christian families fleeing Hassakè. Archbishop Hindo: jihadists have found support in the local population
- 2015-06-26 - ASIA/SYRIA – Mass escape from Hassaké, attacked by the jihadists of Daesh. Bishop Audo: "the agenda" of the forces is not clear
- 2015-06-24 - Jihadist attacks in Hassaké. Archbishop Hindo: "they are a sign of weakness and desperation"
- 2015-06-16 - The central districts of Aleppo attacked by rebels
- 2015-06-15 - Patriarchs and Bishops of the Eastern Churches pray together for peace and commemorate the centenary of the "Assyrian Genocide" in Damascus
- 2015-06-12 - President Assad meets the Patriarch and the Synod of Syrian-Orthodox Bishops
- 2015-06-11 - Jihadist militants of al Nusra Front massacre dozens of Druze civilians in Idlib
- 2015-06-09 - The five Patriarchs of Antioch in Damascus: no to the disintegration of Syria
- 2015-06-01 - Muslim leaders for the release of father Murad, but the kidnappers are foreign to the social fabric
- 2015-05-30 - Bishop of Aleppo: unreliable rumors on a jihadist beheaded by an Assyrian soldier. Christians never justify revenge with religious issues