AMERICA/BOLIVIA - Decree on migration is ready, the first of its kind in the country
La Paz (Agenzia Fides) - It is expected that on the 8th of August, President Evo Morales will issue a supreme decree on "immigration amnesty" in Bolivia. It would be the first decree which, together with the immigration law, published on 8 May, establishes rules governing the immigration situation in the country. The measure is needed to regulate many precarious situations regarding foreigners residing in Bolivia. Father Aldo Pascualoto, representative of the Pastoral of Human Mobility in La Paz told Fides that this is a request that has been pending for many years by large sectors of civil society.
According to the note sent to Fides, various government agencies, associations in civil society, and even the Catholic Church, are participating in the process of drafting the decree: "The Commission is working on this amnesty immigration decree that is essential for Bolivia" declares Fr. Aldo. He stresses that this law will be able to regulate the situation of many foreign nationals who are in Bolivia. Another important point of the decree is that children born abroad to Bolivian parents can have Bolivian citizenship. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 28/06/2013)
- 2015-09-17 - Intervention of Mgr. Scarpellini on the candidacy of Morales: "Alternation is an expression of democracy"
- 2015-08-19 - Heavy rains leave more than a thousand of families homeless
- 2015-08-17 - Prison conditions improve thanks to mediation by Pope Francis
- 2015-07-29 - Government and people commence dialogue for definitive solution
- 2015-07-24 - AMERICA/BOLIVIA – Parishes shelter demonstrators demanding solutions to the mining question
- 2015-07-09 - AMERICA/BOLIVIA – The faithful wait "standing" for the arrival of the Pope
- 2015-07-08 - "The world needs to change": Cardinal Turkson opens the World Meeting of Social Movements
- 2015-06-26 - The Pope will conclude the World Meeting of Social Movements
- 2015-05-27 - Radio and TV to announce the Gospel in the Vicariate of Nuflo de Chavez
- 2015-05-05 - Adoption campaign for children with disabilities