AMERICA/BOLIVIA - Decree on migration is ready, the first of its kind in the country
La Paz (Agenzia Fides) - It is expected that on the 8th of August, President Evo Morales will issue a supreme decree on "immigration amnesty" in Bolivia. It would be the first decree which, together with the immigration law, published on 8 May, establishes rules governing the immigration situation in the country. The measure is needed to regulate many precarious situations regarding foreigners residing in Bolivia. Father Aldo Pascualoto, representative of the Pastoral of Human Mobility in La Paz told Fides that this is a request that has been pending for many years by large sectors of civil society.
According to the note sent to Fides, various government agencies, associations in civil society, and even the Catholic Church, are participating in the process of drafting the decree: "The Commission is working on this amnesty immigration decree that is essential for Bolivia" declares Fr. Aldo. He stresses that this law will be able to regulate the situation of many foreign nationals who are in Bolivia. Another important point of the decree is that children born abroad to Bolivian parents can have Bolivian citizenship. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 28/06/2013)
- 2014-11-18 - Towards CAM 5: Bolivia presents a preliminary work plan
- 2014-11-17 - A project to spread Afro culture among children of Yungas communities
- 2014-11-12 - The Eucharist is necessary for fraternal communion and mission
- 2014-11-11 - The law on education must be applied without discrimination
- 2014-11-07 - Education, communication and drug trafficking: the Bishops prepare three pastoral Letters
- 2014-10-29 - Solidarity and concrete evangelization: meeting of diocesan Directors of the Pontifical Mission Societies
- 2014-10-24 - 50% of children who are born with Chagas' disease do not receive any medical care
- 2014-10-11 - Mission Month: schools in Sucre also go on missions
- 2014-10-02 - The priority for the Auxiliary Bishop of Reyes: "Working to be a single Christian community"
- 2014-09-04 - AMERICA/BOLIVIA – Catholic Bishops of Bolivia and Peru take communications course “For a culture of encounter”