AMERICA/BOLIVIA - Decree on migration is ready, the first of its kind in the country
La Paz (Agenzia Fides) - It is expected that on the 8th of August, President Evo Morales will issue a supreme decree on "immigration amnesty" in Bolivia. It would be the first decree which, together with the immigration law, published on 8 May, establishes rules governing the immigration situation in the country. The measure is needed to regulate many precarious situations regarding foreigners residing in Bolivia. Father Aldo Pascualoto, representative of the Pastoral of Human Mobility in La Paz told Fides that this is a request that has been pending for many years by large sectors of civil society.
According to the note sent to Fides, various government agencies, associations in civil society, and even the Catholic Church, are participating in the process of drafting the decree: "The Commission is working on this amnesty immigration decree that is essential for Bolivia" declares Fr. Aldo. He stresses that this law will be able to regulate the situation of many foreign nationals who are in Bolivia. Another important point of the decree is that children born abroad to Bolivian parents can have Bolivian citizenship. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 28/06/2013)
- 2015-11-20 - The Church strongly rejects the use of the image of the Pope for political activities
- 2015-11-13 - The Episcopal Conference: "We need and want a change"
- 2015-11-07 - The Pontifical Mission Societies in Bolivia towards the American Missionary Congress
- 2015-11-06 - 100th Assembly of the Episcopal Conference: V American Missionary Congress (CAM 5) is among the topics to be discussed
- 2015-10-15 - The Maryknoll Mission Center has been offering missionaries a valuable service for half a century
- 2015-10-12 - The Pope's message at the forum on climate: "Follow a fair and integral ecology"
- 2015-10-09 - Nuncio Diquattro representative of the Holy See at the World Conference on Climate Change
- 2015-09-17 - Intervention of Mgr. Scarpellini on the candidacy of Morales: "Alternation is an expression of democracy"
- 2015-08-19 - Heavy rains leave more than a thousand of families homeless
- 2015-08-17 - Prison conditions improve thanks to mediation by Pope Francis