AMERICA/BOLIVIA - Decree on migration is ready, the first of its kind in the country
La Paz (Agenzia Fides) - It is expected that on the 8th of August, President Evo Morales will issue a supreme decree on "immigration amnesty" in Bolivia. It would be the first decree which, together with the immigration law, published on 8 May, establishes rules governing the immigration situation in the country. The measure is needed to regulate many precarious situations regarding foreigners residing in Bolivia. Father Aldo Pascualoto, representative of the Pastoral of Human Mobility in La Paz told Fides that this is a request that has been pending for many years by large sectors of civil society.
According to the note sent to Fides, various government agencies, associations in civil society, and even the Catholic Church, are participating in the process of drafting the decree: "The Commission is working on this amnesty immigration decree that is essential for Bolivia" declares Fr. Aldo. He stresses that this law will be able to regulate the situation of many foreign nationals who are in Bolivia. Another important point of the decree is that children born abroad to Bolivian parents can have Bolivian citizenship. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 28/06/2013)
- 2014-04-09 - After the clashes, President Morales changes the minister and meets the miners
- 2014-03-29 - The Church reflects on the situation: "The people no longer have hope in this government"
- 2014-03-27 - Bishops’ priorities: Indigenous and social pastoral, relaunch of the Permanent Mission
- 2014-03-17 - Heavy rains have caused deaths and injuries in the Beni area, the lack of food is worrying
- 2014-02-28 - AMERICA/BOLIVIA – Flood stricken native peoples in Beni destitute and starving
- 2014-02-25 - AMERICA/BOLIVIA – Classrooms under water, 10 toilets and no water for more than 1000 pupils
- 2014-01-28 - National Emergency: 6000 homeless families due to rains and floods
- 2014-01-22 - The Andean Countries together for the XIII Regional Meeting of the Youth Ministry
- 2013-12-12 - Cardinal Terrazas urges to "combat violence, not with words, but with actions"
- 2013-12-03 - "We cannot live in fear, we must take the path of peace", says the Archbishop of Santa Cruz