AMERICA/BOLIVIA - Decree on migration is ready, the first of its kind in the country
La Paz (Agenzia Fides) - It is expected that on the 8th of August, President Evo Morales will issue a supreme decree on "immigration amnesty" in Bolivia. It would be the first decree which, together with the immigration law, published on 8 May, establishes rules governing the immigration situation in the country. The measure is needed to regulate many precarious situations regarding foreigners residing in Bolivia. Father Aldo Pascualoto, representative of the Pastoral of Human Mobility in La Paz told Fides that this is a request that has been pending for many years by large sectors of civil society.
According to the note sent to Fides, various government agencies, associations in civil society, and even the Catholic Church, are participating in the process of drafting the decree: "The Commission is working on this amnesty immigration decree that is essential for Bolivia" declares Fr. Aldo. He stresses that this law will be able to regulate the situation of many foreign nationals who are in Bolivia. Another important point of the decree is that children born abroad to Bolivian parents can have Bolivian citizenship. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 28/06/2013)
- 2014-07-10 - Insults and defamation: a campaign that has no political agenda
- 2014-06-18 - Conclusion of the G77 + China, the Church hopes for commitment in favor of the poor
- 2014-06-16 - Formation on values to combat violence and bullying
- 2014-05-26 - Meeting with the candidates: an initiative of the Church for the October elections
- 2014-05-16 - Basic Ecclesial Communities: the new face of the Church at the service of justice and peace
- 2014-04-28 - Children sold for sexual and labor exploitation and for the sale of organs
- 2014-04-09 - After the clashes, President Morales changes the minister and meets the miners
- 2014-03-29 - The Church reflects on the situation: "The people no longer have hope in this government"
- 2014-03-27 - Bishops’ priorities: Indigenous and social pastoral, relaunch of the Permanent Mission
- 2014-03-17 - Heavy rains have caused deaths and injuries in the Beni area, the lack of food is worrying