ASIA/SOUTH KOREA - Year of Faith: "Small Christian Communities" to revitalize the people of God
Seoul (Agenzia Fides) - One of the ways and places to revitalize and give new impetus to the faith of God's people in Korea are the "Small Christian Communities". For this reason the Bishops' Conference of Korea has promoted, on the occasion of the Year of Faith, a seminar to invite priests to cultivate and develop this form of aggregation of spiritual experience, intended for lay people and families. It is a small community of lay people who promote a spirituality centered on the sharing of the Gospel and the Eucharist.
As reported to Fides by the Communications office of the Episcopal Conference, the workshop was organized in recent days by the Pastoral Institute of Korea, directed by His Exc. Mgr. Peter Kang U-il, Bishop of Cheju. The Bishop, who is also the current President of the Episcopal Conference, presented the smaller communities as "concrete model for the Church in Korea," emphasizing the fact that these can bring new life to the pastoral care of various dioceses.
According to one of the participants, Fr. Bartholomew Jun Won, pastor in Seoul "to develop the Small Communities sounds like an appeal to change the paradigm of the Church in Korea, moving away from secularism and clericalism." The Small communities, in fact, "embody a pastoral vision for the local Church, which realizes the spirit of the Second Vatican Council", he said. (PA) (Agenzia Fides 22/06/2013)
- 2013-06-22 ASIA/SOUTH KOREA - Year of Faith: "Small Christian Communities" to revitalize the people of God
- 2013-05-02 ASIA/NORTH KOREA - An American sentenced to hard labor: religions call for dialogue
- 2012-04-14 ASIA/NORTH KOREA-The "Day of the Sun" obscured by darkness on human rights
- 2012-04-03 ASIA/NORTH KOREA-Christians and NGOs to the UN: Stop to the gulag in North Korea
- 2012-01-10 ASIA/NORTH KOREA - Kim Jong-un has announced an amnesty, the NGOs ask for "a new era for human rights"
- 2011-12-19 ASIA/NORTH KOREA - The Korean bishops: "The death of Kim Jong-il may be the beginning of a turning point, for reunification"
- 2011-12-12 ASIA/NORTH KOREA - Threats of war for "the lights and Christmas trees on the border"
- 2011-12-02 ASIA/NORTH KOREA - More than 10,000 Bibles arrive in a hot-air balloon
- 2011-11-26 ASIA/NORTH KOREA - A spiritual offensive to revive faith in North Korea
- 2011-10-06 ASIA/NORTH KOREA - "Stop to crimes against humanity, access to humanitarian agencies": NGOs letter to Kim Jong-il