AMERICA/BOLIVIA - Communicator, witness of faith - to become the voice of the voiceless
Cochabamba (Agenzia Fides) - The construction of networks at a departmental, regional and national level is the challenge of the XI National Meeting of Communicators and Social Media of the Catholic Church, which was held from June 13 to 14 in Cochabamba, Bolivia, under the theme "Communicator, witness of faith."
Mgr. Percy Galvan, Bishop of the Prelature of Coro Coro, said in a note sent to Fides that the communicator "must be a person who identifies himself with the reality of the people who do not have access to communication. Many times we have heard the slogan of "media that are the voice of the voiceless", but unfortunately what they broadcast are only leaders or people’s opinions who just want to be actors, or people who claim certain ideological content." (CE) (Agenzia Fides 18/06/2013)
- 2014-04-09 - After the clashes, President Morales changes the minister and meets the miners
- 2014-03-29 - The Church reflects on the situation: "The people no longer have hope in this government"
- 2014-03-27 - Bishops’ priorities: Indigenous and social pastoral, relaunch of the Permanent Mission
- 2014-03-17 - Heavy rains have caused deaths and injuries in the Beni area, the lack of food is worrying
- 2014-02-28 - AMERICA/BOLIVIA – Flood stricken native peoples in Beni destitute and starving
- 2014-02-25 - AMERICA/BOLIVIA – Classrooms under water, 10 toilets and no water for more than 1000 pupils
- 2014-01-28 - National Emergency: 6000 homeless families due to rains and floods
- 2014-01-22 - The Andean Countries together for the XIII Regional Meeting of the Youth Ministry
- 2013-12-12 - Cardinal Terrazas urges to "combat violence, not with words, but with actions"
- 2013-12-03 - "We cannot live in fear, we must take the path of peace", says the Archbishop of Santa Cruz