AMERICA/HONDURAS - "The government has not yet responded to the peace initiative of the gangs," said Mgr. Emiliani
San Pedro Sula (Agenzia Fides) - "There has not been so far a clear and obvious response from the government to support the peace process, we are still in time to save Honduras from violence," said Mgr. Romulo Emiliani, Bishop of San Pedro Sula, who yesterday met journalists in a press conference to criticize the lack of response of the government of Honduras to the peace initiative launched in May.
The gang leaders of the "M-13" and "M-18", known as "maras," promised, on May 28th in the prison of San Pedro Sula, to reduce violence in the country, apologizing to God, to society and the authorities for the crimes committed (see Fides 29/05/2013).
According to UN statistics, Honduras is considered to be the most violent Country in the world. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 18/06/2013)
- 2015-10-27 - Bishop Emiliani encourages “Honduras can do it, can stand up, can react”
- 2015-10-06 - Honduran Community says goodbye to candles and "dirty" electricity
- 2015-10-02 - Honduran Missionary receives an award for human rights
- 2015-09-23 - Mgr. Emiliani denounces the "violent reactions in the face of any situation"
- 2015-09-21 - "Honduras is sick of hate", warns Cardinal Rodriguez Maradiaga
- 2015-09-09 - Children resist famine thanks to school snacks
- 2015-07-17 - Sexual abuse on children have repercussions in adulthood
- 2015-07-15 - A new ward for children suffering from dengue and chikungunya
- 2015-07-15 - Campaign of the diocese of San Pedro Sula: "An honest man is not corrupt"
- 2015-07-06 - Still demonstrations against corruption, while other scandals come to light