AMERICA/PERU - Cardinal Sarah’s visit to Caritas del Callao: "We must put human dignity at the center"
Callao (Agenzia Fides) - On June 13, Cardinal Robert Sarah, President of the Pontifical Council "Cor Unum" visited the Diocese of Callao, in Peru, who was invited by the local Bishop, Msg. José Luis del Palacio. The Cardinal attended a meeting of all Caritas parishes of the diocese. Cardinal Robert Sarah said that the Church supports itself on three pillars: prayer, evangelical witness and charity.
With regards to the work of Caritas in the Church, the Cardinal said: "The Bishop has primary responsibility for the charity and the members of the Church should be with him. We must promote a culture of charity in the parishes, a culture "of God with us", both at an individual and communal level, organizing the pastoral structures of the Church, starting from the Caritas parishes.
We have to put human dignity at the center, promote the global development, reaffirm the profound values that the Gospel preaches and not what is imposed from outside."
The Cardinal also noted that pastoral charity must be integrated with liturgy and catechesis, avoiding the risk for the Christian community to be engaged only in the social field. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 17/06/2013)
- 2015-11-24 - Preparations are underway for the beatification of the first missionary martyrs of Peru
- 2015-11-16 - Each year leukemia affects the health of 1,200 poor children
- 2015-11-10 - More than 3,000 participants at the III National Missionary Congress: to relaunch the missionary parish
- 2015-11-07 - The program for the beatification of three priests killed in 1991 by the Shining Path presented to Parliament
- 2015-10-30 - Annual report on Indigenous women and girls: victims of violence, atrocities and humiliations
- 2015-10-19 - Share the beauty of consecrated life with a testimony of joy
- 2015-10-07 - The preparation for the beatification of the three missionaries killed in 1991 continues
- 2015-09-24 - Mgr. Piorno to the authorities involved in court proceedings: "The best thing is to resign, for the tranquility of the population"
- 2015-09-08 - The Bishop of Chimbote: "the solution to insecurity is not lynching"
- 2015-09-02 - A month dedicated to combatting human trafficking