AMERICA/VENEZUELA - "The poor cannot wait," meeting of Caritas Latin America and the Caribbean
Caracas (Agenzia Fides) - "The poor cannot wait. The right to adequate and balanced diet is essential. This campaign has its foundation in the need that we all unite with one force to combat the scourge of hunger in the world", said Msg. Jose Luis Azuaje, Bishop of El Vigia-San Carlos del Zulia (Venezuela) and President of Caritas Latin America and the Caribbean, in presenting the global campaign against hunger and poverty launched by Caritas Internationalis. Mgr. Azuaje spoke at the press conference of the presentation of the meeting of the Regional Conference of Caritas Latin America and the Caribbean, ongoing these days in Caracas.
The meeting takes place from June 8 to 16 and is attended by 20 countries of Latin America and the Caribbean. As reported to Fides by the Secretariat of Caritas Guatemala, the meeting aims to "improve and evaluate the effectiveness and efficiency of procedures, examine the progress made in the service of charity and strengthen communion and collaboration agreements among our organizations." (CE) (Agenzia Fides 12/06/2013)
- 2015-08-12 - No social communications no democracy Bishop Lückert León speaks about the media
- 2015-08-11 - Drugs are lacking in the country, some use those for animals
- 2015-08-07 - There are 10,000 participants attending the III Youth National Meeting
- 2015-08-06 - National meeting among the indigenous communities for the protection of human rights
- 2015-07-21 - The body of a Franciscan who died a few days has been found
- 2015-07-20 - Games, songs, dances: a feast to celebrate children
- 2015-07-10 - Catholic Bishops: "The Christian experience must have social consequences"
- 2015-07-07 - Mgr. Padrón: "Corruption, repression, popular discontent characterize the present"
- 2015-07-06 - 35,000 people have been isolated due to floods, other 25,000 at risk
- 2015-06-22 - Hunger strike in 12 states for political prisoners, the Church has been asked to intervene