AMERICA/VENEZUELA - "The poor cannot wait," meeting of Caritas Latin America and the Caribbean
Caracas (Agenzia Fides) - "The poor cannot wait. The right to adequate and balanced diet is essential. This campaign has its foundation in the need that we all unite with one force to combat the scourge of hunger in the world", said Msg. Jose Luis Azuaje, Bishop of El Vigia-San Carlos del Zulia (Venezuela) and President of Caritas Latin America and the Caribbean, in presenting the global campaign against hunger and poverty launched by Caritas Internationalis. Mgr. Azuaje spoke at the press conference of the presentation of the meeting of the Regional Conference of Caritas Latin America and the Caribbean, ongoing these days in Caracas.
The meeting takes place from June 8 to 16 and is attended by 20 countries of Latin America and the Caribbean. As reported to Fides by the Secretariat of Caritas Guatemala, the meeting aims to "improve and evaluate the effectiveness and efficiency of procedures, examine the progress made in the service of charity and strengthen communion and collaboration agreements among our organizations." (CE) (Agenzia Fides 12/06/2013)
- 2014-12-06 - Poverty, few infrastructures and precarious preventive measures: fertile terrain for Chikungunya virus
- 2014-10-28 - Cardinal Urosa Savino: "Respect for political prisoners"
- 2014-10-21 - AMERICA/VENEZUELA – May Saint John Paul II accompany Venezuela in the paths of peace and justice
- 2014-10-01 - "Division is not from God": in march for peace and unity of the country
- 2014-09-30 - Violence in the country does not decrease: a military chaplain killed
- 2014-09-27 - "Do not be afraid of peace" Pope Francis’ letter to Venezuela
- 2014-09-16 - AMERICA/VENEZUELA – Laity meet apostolic Nuncio, a tradition which encourages the unity of the Church
- 2014-08-12 - "Commit to a missionary cooperation", the V National Missionary Congress has concluded
- 2014-08-06 - The V National Missionary Congress begins
- 2014-07-14 - "Give teachers their salaries": church’s appeal in favor of teachers