AMERICA/VENEZUELA - "The poor cannot wait," meeting of Caritas Latin America and the Caribbean
Caracas (Agenzia Fides) - "The poor cannot wait. The right to adequate and balanced diet is essential. This campaign has its foundation in the need that we all unite with one force to combat the scourge of hunger in the world", said Msg. Jose Luis Azuaje, Bishop of El Vigia-San Carlos del Zulia (Venezuela) and President of Caritas Latin America and the Caribbean, in presenting the global campaign against hunger and poverty launched by Caritas Internationalis. Mgr. Azuaje spoke at the press conference of the presentation of the meeting of the Regional Conference of Caritas Latin America and the Caribbean, ongoing these days in Caracas.
The meeting takes place from June 8 to 16 and is attended by 20 countries of Latin America and the Caribbean. As reported to Fides by the Secretariat of Caritas Guatemala, the meeting aims to "improve and evaluate the effectiveness and efficiency of procedures, examine the progress made in the service of charity and strengthen communion and collaboration agreements among our organizations." (CE) (Agenzia Fides 12/06/2013)
- 2015-11-26 - Tension in the capital, Cardinal Urosa: "State officials must ask for peace"
- 2015-11-23 - With the closure of borders many children are unlikely to make their First Communion
- 2015-11-11 - The Bishops call for elections: "Free vote, essential to strengthen democracy"
- 2015-09-22 - The National Assembly of the PMS: solidarity with our brothers in the East
- 2015-09-18 - The National Assembly of Pastoral Care: Renew enthusiasm in evangelization
- 2015-09-17 - Crisis with Colombia: "Governments have not done their best to solve the crisis", said Mgr. Padron
- 2015-09-07 - Poverty and precariousness force people to seek food in the garbage
- 2015-09-01 - The Bishops on the situation of conflict with Colombia: "Human rights are the same for all"
- 2015-08-12 - No social communications no democracy Bishop Lückert León speaks about the media
- 2015-08-11 - Drugs are lacking in the country, some use those for animals