AMERICA/CHILE - Second National Ecclesial Assembly: Recognize the signs of the times beside the poor
Santiago (Agenzia Fides) - "To conduct a national experience of ecclesial communion through the discernment of the signs of the times, in order to be a Church in a state of permanent mission to proclaim the Kingdom and deliver content to the pastoral guidelines". This is the objective of the Second Ecclesial Assembly which takes place as from today until June 15 in Santiago de Chile, under the theme "A Church that listens, proclaims and serves."
The inauguration will be carried out by Mgr. Ricardo Ezzati, President of the Episcopal Conference of Chile (CECh). In addition to the great importance for its content and participants, this is the first ecclesial event broadcast via streaming from the portal of the Episcopal Conference, in order to follow the plenary sessions each day.
Mgr. Ricardo Ezzati said in a statement sent to Fides, that there will be over 600 participants and that the Church will try to identify the best ways to serve society, in its preferential option for the poor. With regards to this, the President of CECh pointed out that the main purpose of the meeting is "how to sharpen our vision, so as to be able to realize the suffering and injustice in which many people live in our country." (CE) (Agenzia Fides 12/06/2013)
- 2014-10-20 - A hundred thousand on a pilgrimage for the family to the shrine of the first Chilean Saint
- 2014-10-03 - Apostolic Vicar of Aysen awarded: "Water is also a problem of sovereignty"
- 2014-06-26 - Wüñol Tripantu, the Mapuche celebration of the rebirth of life
- 2014-06-20 - "Here we are Lord, in the World Cup": special section on the website of the Catholic Bishops' Conference
- 2014-05-30 - AMERICA/CHILE – Local Catholic Church committed to educational reform nation wide
- 2014-05-07 - The decline in vocations to priesthood at the center of the Assembly of Bishops of Chile
- 2014-04-14 - Card. Ezzati’s appeal: Solidarity with the people of Valparaiso after the tragic fire
- 2014-01-09 - Peru and Chile, brotherly peoples
- 2014-01-07 - "One should listen to the Mapuche people in order to resolve the conflict in Araucanía" asks the Bishop of Temuco
- 2013-12-17 - "Supporting initiatives in favor of development": the President of the Bishops' Conference meets newly elected President Bachelet