AMERICA/CHILE - Second National Ecclesial Assembly: Recognize the signs of the times beside the poor
Santiago (Agenzia Fides) - "To conduct a national experience of ecclesial communion through the discernment of the signs of the times, in order to be a Church in a state of permanent mission to proclaim the Kingdom and deliver content to the pastoral guidelines". This is the objective of the Second Ecclesial Assembly which takes place as from today until June 15 in Santiago de Chile, under the theme "A Church that listens, proclaims and serves."
The inauguration will be carried out by Mgr. Ricardo Ezzati, President of the Episcopal Conference of Chile (CECh). In addition to the great importance for its content and participants, this is the first ecclesial event broadcast via streaming from the portal of the Episcopal Conference, in order to follow the plenary sessions each day.
Mgr. Ricardo Ezzati said in a statement sent to Fides, that there will be over 600 participants and that the Church will try to identify the best ways to serve society, in its preferential option for the poor. With regards to this, the President of CECh pointed out that the main purpose of the meeting is "how to sharpen our vision, so as to be able to realize the suffering and injustice in which many people live in our country." (CE) (Agenzia Fides 12/06/2013)
- 2013-11-23 AMERICA/CHILE - A community divided in two in order to protect the environment threatened by the Pascua Lama project
- 2013-11-22 AMERICA/CHILE - Solidarity of the Chilean Church to the victims of the typhoon that hit the Philippines
- 2013-11-08 AMERICA/CHILE – Mgr. Ezzati re-elected President of the CECh; waiting for the final message of the Assembly
- 2013-10-15 AMERICA/CHILE - A 12-meter missionary cross to conclude the "Youth Mission"
- 2013-10-11 AMERICA/CHILE - "Water should not be anyone's privilege": the first congress for water in Chile
- 2013-10-09 AMERICA/CHILE - "All missionaries and for the whole world": the contribution of Chile to the missions
- 2013-09-18 AMERICA/CHILE – To love ones homeland inside prisons: Mgr. Chomali celebrates with inmates
- 2013-09-18 AMERICA/CHILE - Ecumenical Te Deum for the 203 years of independence of Chile
- 2013-09-10 AMERICA/CHILE - "Reconciliation cannot be imposed": Bishops 40 years after the Pinochet coup
- 2013-08-01 AMERICA/CHILE - A pilot program for street children