AMERICA/PERU - Agreement for the formation of the poorest young people
Lima (Agenzia Fides) - Caritas of Peru and the Professional service and development training Center (government institution), signed an institutional cooperation Agreement, which lasts two years, aimed at human development. The agreement provides for: job training in urban and rural programs, micro-credit programs, teacher training, services for information concerning areas of employment, self-employment promotion and prevention of drug use.
In the note sent to Fides, it is stated that one of the first projects is to improve the lives of at-risk youth between 15 and 25 years of age, in the province of Tarma, in the center of Peru.
The Center for professional formation and Professional service and development training Center is an institution founded in 1996 that coordinates training units in 12 regions of the country. Caritas Peru is an institution of the Catholic Church which assists 48 offices in almost all major cities of the Country and as the title of its website says: for 57 years we have been helping to build a supportive, fair and fraternal Peru. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 08/06/2013)
- 2015-07-25 - AMERICA/PERU – 100 years of mission among indigenous women in the Amazon
- 2015-07-23 - Peru and Brazil together to eradicate child labour in Amazonia
- 2015-07-03 - Lost childhood in coffee plantations
- 2015-06-13 - National Week of the Migrant: Letter of Bishops to 3 million Peruvians abroad
- 2015-05-12 - Bishops call for urgent action and dialogue, "No more violence" for the Tia Maria case
- 2015-04-13 - Many children grow up in prison with their imprisoned mothers
- 2015-04-09 - Children forced to attend classes under trees infested by wasps
- 2015-02-05 - In August, the beatification of three missionaries killed: the first martyrs of the diocese and Peru
- 2015-02-04 - The three missionaries killed in 1991 will be beatified because they were close to the poorest
- 2015-01-27 - The Bishop of Chimbote asks protection for judges: "We are living in fear"