ASIA/JORDAN – Reporting the turbulent and controversial Middle East: Conference on the role of the Christian Arab media
Amman (Agenzia Fides) – The two-day workshop organized by the Catholic Center for Studies and Media on the contribution offered by the Christian Arab media at the service of justice, peace and human rights begins on Monday, June 10 in Amman. Main promoter of the initiative is Father Rifat Bader, director of the Catholic Center. The Latin Patriarch of Jerusalem Fouad Twal, Archbishop Claudio Maria Celli - President of the Pontifical Council for Social Communications-, the Jordanian Minister for Communications Mohammad Momani, former Jordanian Prime Minister Faisal Fayez and a vast team of ecclesiastics, Islamic scholars and operators involved in the media sector in Jordan and other Arab Countries will attend the conference.
The conference will focus on the role played by the Christian Arab media in reporting the turbulent and controversial moments of the so-called "Arab spring". In a comment entrusted to Fides Agency, Father Bader indicates the American University of Madaba - supported by the Latin Patriarchate of Jerusalem and recently inaugurated in the presence of King Abdullah II of Jordan - as an example of the contribution offered by the initiatives inspired by the Christians to the development of Arab societies, in the sign of a fair and peaceful coexistence between Christians and Muslims. (GV) (Agenzia Fides 08/06/2013).
ASIA/JORDAN – REPORTING THE TURBULENT AND CONTROVERSIAL MIDDLE EAST: CONFERENCE ON THE ROLE OF THE CHRISTIAN ARAB MEDIA
- 2014-12-16 - More than 7,000 Christian refugees from Iraq; Caritas Jordan: "in two months we will not have anymore resources to assist them"
- 2014-12-03 - Caritas Jordan in Salt launches ”Winter Campaign”
- 2014-11-24 - Conference on Christians and "Arab Springs". Father Bader: a historical phase which was followed only by negative effects
- 2014-10-30 - King Abdullah II to Armenian President: Christians helped to build the Arab civilization
- 2014-10-29 - An Armenian baptismal church consecrated on the banks of the Jordan
- 2014-10-28 - A new Caritas center in Karak
- 2014-10-20 - Archbishop Laham: 4 thousand displaced Iraqi Christians all want to emigrate to the West
- 2014-09-25 - King Abdallah II to the UN: Christians are a "constitutive" part of the Middle East
- 2014-09-17 - King Abdullah II: we will do our best to increase the presence of Arab Christians
- 2014-08-22 - Caritas Jordan welcomes Iraqi Christians put to flight by the jihadists of the Islamic State (IS)