AMERICA/HONDURAS - There is a truce between the gangs that have only made a general declaration of repentance
San Pedro Sula (Agenzia Fides) - "The gangs have made a declaration of repentance towards God and towards society, but not among themselves. I cannot understand how and why there is so much hate among them." This was stated by Mgr. Romulo Emiliani, Auxiliary Bishop of San Pedro Sula, who during a press conference wanted to underline the fact that the situation in prisons has not changed much after the statements on behalf of the leaders of criminal gangs (see Fides 29/05/2013), who continue to commit violence in the streets of cities across the country.
The note sent to Fides says: "There is no truce among the gangs. I met 66 young people with whom I spoke at length trying to convince them to leave the gangs. Now all of them have been murdered. There is not a manual on how to advise them. If they manage to leave the gang they will most likely be killed. In fact, many of these have disappeared. So I wonder if I do well to advise them to leave the gang." (CE) (Agenzia Fides 06/06/2013)
- 2015-10-27 - Bishop Emiliani encourages “Honduras can do it, can stand up, can react”
- 2015-10-06 - Honduran Community says goodbye to candles and "dirty" electricity
- 2015-10-02 - Honduran Missionary receives an award for human rights
- 2015-09-23 - Mgr. Emiliani denounces the "violent reactions in the face of any situation"
- 2015-09-21 - "Honduras is sick of hate", warns Cardinal Rodriguez Maradiaga
- 2015-09-09 - Children resist famine thanks to school snacks
- 2015-07-17 - Sexual abuse on children have repercussions in adulthood
- 2015-07-15 - A new ward for children suffering from dengue and chikungunya
- 2015-07-15 - Campaign of the diocese of San Pedro Sula: "An honest man is not corrupt"
- 2015-07-06 - Still demonstrations against corruption, while other scandals come to light