AMERICA/MEXICO - "One cannot live in fear": the Bishops of Michoacan ask for everyone’s commitment
Morelia (Agenzia Fides) - The bishops of the Mexican state of Michoacan have launched an urgent appeal to the local ruling class in which they express concern "about the situation in which our State lives." In a public statement a few days ago the Bishops denounce "the impotence of entrepreneurs and workers in the countryside and the city before the threat of the closure of working centers and the destruction of stores."
"There is in the population, helplessness and hopelessness, anger and fear because of the complicity, forced or desired, of some authorities with crime. This affects all social and economic activity of the population. One cannot continue living like this."
The bishops' document has become a letter of warning to the authorities. The local Catholic community expressly wanted to add peace among the intentions of the global prayer in communion with Pope Francis and the whole Catholic world. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 05/06/2013)
- 2014-04-15 - Tension in the area of Veracruz due to the work of the hydroelectric power plant
- 2014-04-09 - Six out of 10 children live in poverty, laws are being studied to respect the rights of children
- 2014-04-04 - All involved in finding different mechanisms to put an end to violence
- 2014-03-31 - Mgr. Calzada Guerrero’s appeal:The killings in Oaxaca are a strong wake-up call
- 2014-03-28 - The Bishops: stop with threats! The problem in the area of Veracruz can be resolved through dialogue
- 2014-03-24 - Mgr. Pierre for the 50th anniversary of the Diocese of Veracruz: "Re-launch evangelization"
- 2014-03-15 - The complaint of a Bishop: "Corruption strangles bean farmers"
- 2014-03-14 - How to respond to the challenges of the American continent
- 2014-03-05 - The phenomenon of adolescent mothers who drop out of school continues to worsen
- 2014-03-04 - Ash Wednesday: 200 priests go to prisons, to bring hope and encouragement