AMERICA/MEXICO - "One cannot live in fear": the Bishops of Michoacan ask for everyone’s commitment
Morelia (Agenzia Fides) - The bishops of the Mexican state of Michoacan have launched an urgent appeal to the local ruling class in which they express concern "about the situation in which our State lives." In a public statement a few days ago the Bishops denounce "the impotence of entrepreneurs and workers in the countryside and the city before the threat of the closure of working centers and the destruction of stores."
"There is in the population, helplessness and hopelessness, anger and fear because of the complicity, forced or desired, of some authorities with crime. This affects all social and economic activity of the population. One cannot continue living like this."
The bishops' document has become a letter of warning to the authorities. The local Catholic community expressly wanted to add peace among the intentions of the global prayer in communion with Pope Francis and the whole Catholic world. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 05/06/2013)
- 2014-03-05 AMERICA/MEXICO - The phenomenon of adolescent mothers who drop out of school continues to worsen
- 2014-03-04 AMERICA/MEXICO - Ash Wednesday: 200 priests go to prisons, to bring hope and encouragement
- 2014-03-03 AMERICA/MEXICO - Five thousand people with the Bishop to march for peace and the family
- 2014-02-24 AMERICA/MEXICO - “We must be all involved to stop the violence” says the Bishop of Zacatecas
- 2014-02-20 AMERICA/MEXICO - Prevention is not enough: Church, state and society must work together to combat human trafficking
- 2014-02-18 AMERICA/MEXICO - "Society based on the family": opening of the Year of the Family in the Diocese of Orizaba
- 2014-02-12 AMERICA/MEXICO - Authorities have to talk less and be more effective in terms of safety
- 2014-02-06 AMERICA/MEXICO - Solidarity with the nuns assaulted and request to solve the problem of land
- 2014-02-05 AMERICA/MEXICO - The Church concerned about the influenza that kills
- 2014-02-04 AMERICA/MEXICO - "The use of drugs cannot be fought with drugs", the Archdiocese against the bill