AMERICA/MEXICO - "One cannot live in fear": the Bishops of Michoacan ask for everyone’s commitment
Morelia (Agenzia Fides) - The bishops of the Mexican state of Michoacan have launched an urgent appeal to the local ruling class in which they express concern "about the situation in which our State lives." In a public statement a few days ago the Bishops denounce "the impotence of entrepreneurs and workers in the countryside and the city before the threat of the closure of working centers and the destruction of stores."
"There is in the population, helplessness and hopelessness, anger and fear because of the complicity, forced or desired, of some authorities with crime. This affects all social and economic activity of the population. One cannot continue living like this."
The bishops' document has become a letter of warning to the authorities. The local Catholic community expressly wanted to add peace among the intentions of the global prayer in communion with Pope Francis and the whole Catholic world. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 05/06/2013)
- 2014-11-15 - A Comboni missionary found dead in a mass grave, among other bodies
- 2014-11-13 - Mexican Bishops: "We do not want more blood, people killed or who disappear ... Enough!"
- 2014-11-11 - Show all the corruption and lies of those who have turned away from God and from the truth
- 2014-11-10 - The Bishops' appeal: "No more corruption and violence! Thorough investigation is needed"
- 2014-11-10 - The poor and the marginalized become producers of their food
- 2014-11-06 - Ecumenical Initiative: 43 hours of fasting and prayer for the 43 students of Ayotzinapa
- 2014-11-03 - The Bishops to the families of the students missing: "Hope pushes to keep fighting"
- 2014-10-30 - The families of the students who disappeared will be received by the President, Pope Francis asks for prayers
- 2014-10-27 - Living Rosary: 30 thousand faithful pray for drug traffickers and organized crime
- 2014-10-24 - Appeal and prayers for the students kidnapped: "Let them come back alive"