AMERICA/MEXICO - "One cannot live in fear": the Bishops of Michoacan ask for everyone’s commitment
Morelia (Agenzia Fides) - The bishops of the Mexican state of Michoacan have launched an urgent appeal to the local ruling class in which they express concern "about the situation in which our State lives." In a public statement a few days ago the Bishops denounce "the impotence of entrepreneurs and workers in the countryside and the city before the threat of the closure of working centers and the destruction of stores."
"There is in the population, helplessness and hopelessness, anger and fear because of the complicity, forced or desired, of some authorities with crime. This affects all social and economic activity of the population. One cannot continue living like this."
The bishops' document has become a letter of warning to the authorities. The local Catholic community expressly wanted to add peace among the intentions of the global prayer in communion with Pope Francis and the whole Catholic world. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 05/06/2013)
- 2014-08-20 - The number of migrants who are victims of human trafficking increases
- 2014-08-12 - Organ trafficking and sexual exploitation: about 45,000 children and young people missing and abducted
- 2014-08-05 - The State of Tabasco extends medical assistance to migrants; the satisfaction of the Bishop
- 2014-07-31 - The Bishops: "Family Reunification for immigrant children"
- 2014-07-31 - Major epidemiological control towards the chikungunya virus
- 2014-07-30 - Prisons become "universities of crime": the Church insists on re-education
- 2014-07-28 - Over five thousand people march for peace and for life
- 2014-07-15 - The solution to the problem of emigration passes through cultural and social conversion
- 2014-07-15 - Bishop Aguilar’s appeal : "Migrant children are not intruders or invaders"
- 2014-07-14 - Cardinal Parolin, Vatican's Secretary of State, in Mexico for the emergency regarding emigration