AMERICA/MEXICO - "One cannot live in fear": the Bishops of Michoacan ask for everyone’s commitment
Morelia (Agenzia Fides) - The bishops of the Mexican state of Michoacan have launched an urgent appeal to the local ruling class in which they express concern "about the situation in which our State lives." In a public statement a few days ago the Bishops denounce "the impotence of entrepreneurs and workers in the countryside and the city before the threat of the closure of working centers and the destruction of stores."
"There is in the population, helplessness and hopelessness, anger and fear because of the complicity, forced or desired, of some authorities with crime. This affects all social and economic activity of the population. One cannot continue living like this."
The bishops' document has become a letter of warning to the authorities. The local Catholic community expressly wanted to add peace among the intentions of the global prayer in communion with Pope Francis and the whole Catholic world. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 05/06/2013)
- 2013-12-09 AMERICA/MEXICO - Evening Mass restarts, the communities want to prepare themselves for upcoming feasts
- 2013-12-07 AMERICA/MEXICO - "The Church is not afraid of threats", says the Bishop of Toluca
- 2013-12-06 AMERICA/MEXICO - "They left alive, we want them back alive": solidarity for the Caravan of Central American mothers
- 2013-11-25 AMERICA/MEXICO - "Violence against women is a social challenge", says Bishop Sanchez
- 2013-11-21 AMERICA/MEXICO - The Archbishop of Morelia calls on the population: "take shelter... there is violence in the street"
- 2013-11-12 AMERICA/MEXICO - "Evangelization in a context of violence" at the center of the reflection of the Bishops’ Assembly
- 2013-11-11 AMERICA/MEXICO - Three commitments on behalf of the authorities for migrants, after the intervention of Mgr. Vera López
- 2013-11-06 AMERICA/MEXICO – Historic event: a Bishop at the Congress of Coahuila opens a dialogue for the rights of migrants
- 2013-11-05 AMERICA/MEXICO - Children do not want to speak indigenous languages for fear of discrimination
- 2013-11-05 AMERICA/MEXICO - "We want peace!": The Bishop of Apatzingan leads a march with thousands of faithful