VATICAN - The conditions of Christians in Iraq and Egypt: Reunion of the Aid Agencies for the Oriental Churches
Vatican City (Agenzia Fides) – The Reunion of Aid Agencies for the Oriental Churches (ROACO), the committee which unites funding agencies from various countries around the world for the sake of providing assistance in different areas of Church life (from worship buildings to scholarships, from houses of study and formation to social and health care facilities) will take place from 18 to 21 June in the Vatican. It will focus in particular on the critical conditions experienced by Christians in Egypt and Iraq. This year, among the participants at the summit - who in those days will also be received in audience by Pope Francis - are the Patriarch of Babylon of the Chaldeans Louis Raphael I Sako and that of Alexandria of the Catholic Copts Ibrahim Isaac Sidrak. Representatives of the Eastern Christian communities of Syria and father Pierbattista Pizzaballa OFM, Custos of the Holy Land are attending the meeting, which will be held under the presidency of Cardinal Leonardo Sandri, Prefect of the Pontifical Congregation for the Oriental Churches. The working meeting, with reports focused on individual specific topics, will provide an opportunity to study and gain direct information on the many sufferings and difficulties experienced by the Christian communities in the Middle East. (GV) (Agenzia Fides 04/06/2013).
- 2015-06-30 - VATICAN – Ceremonial gift of the pallium to 46 Metropolitan Archbishops, 13 belong to the territories of Propaganda Fide
- 2015-06-17 - VATICAN – The Pope: "the international community should act in a fitting and effective way to prevent the causes of forced migration"
- 2015-06-05 - Pope Francis to the PMS: "missionary activity is still the greatest challenge for the Church"
- 2015-05-28 - General Assembly of the Pontifical Mission Societies: "How to support the universal mission today and tomorrow"
- 2015-05-25 - The Pope's Message for World Mission Day 2015
- 2015-05-21 - The Pope recalls the Day of Prayer for the Church in China on May 24
- 2015-05-18 - Archbishop Romero will be the patron of Caritas Internationalis
- 2015-05-04 - Cardinal Filoni ordains 14 deacons from Africa and Asia: "you must have a missionary heart"
- 2015-04-29 - For a "Christian commitment" in the fight against human trafficking
- 2015-04-13 - Jubilee of Mercy: "This is a time for the Church to rediscover the meaning of the mission entrusted to her by the Lord"