VATICAN - The conditions of Christians in Iraq and Egypt: Reunion of the Aid Agencies for the Oriental Churches
Vatican City (Agenzia Fides) – The Reunion of Aid Agencies for the Oriental Churches (ROACO), the committee which unites funding agencies from various countries around the world for the sake of providing assistance in different areas of Church life (from worship buildings to scholarships, from houses of study and formation to social and health care facilities) will take place from 18 to 21 June in the Vatican. It will focus in particular on the critical conditions experienced by Christians in Egypt and Iraq. This year, among the participants at the summit - who in those days will also be received in audience by Pope Francis - are the Patriarch of Babylon of the Chaldeans Louis Raphael I Sako and that of Alexandria of the Catholic Copts Ibrahim Isaac Sidrak. Representatives of the Eastern Christian communities of Syria and father Pierbattista Pizzaballa OFM, Custos of the Holy Land are attending the meeting, which will be held under the presidency of Cardinal Leonardo Sandri, Prefect of the Pontifical Congregation for the Oriental Churches. The working meeting, with reports focused on individual specific topics, will provide an opportunity to study and gain direct information on the many sufferings and difficulties experienced by the Christian communities in the Middle East. (GV) (Agenzia Fides 04/06/2013).
- 2015-11-12 - Statement from the Congregation for the Evangelization of Peoples
- 2015-11-03 - Pope's appeal for Central Africa: "put an end to this cycle of violence"
- 2015-10-29 - Cardinal Filoni: Only peace will save the indigenous Christian communities in Mesopotamia
- 2015-10-28 - Appeal from the 5 continents: "The fight against climate change must respect the rights of the poor"
- 2015-10-28 - Urbaniana University: to form men and women capable of becoming bridges of relationships and instruments of mutual understanding
- 2015-10-16 - The Missionary Rosary for World Mission Day and the 50th anniversary of the "Ad Gentes" decree
- 2015-10-02 - Cardinal Filoni opens the formative year: "called to live the joy of the Gospel"
- 2015-10-01 - With the feast of St. Therese of Lisieux, October, month of the missions begins
- 2015-09-15 - Cardinal Filoni on his visit: the enthusiasm of the Church in Bangladesh, the vivacity of the Church in India
- 2015-09-14 - The first blessed in South Africa: Benedict Daswa, family man, killed for the Gospel