VATICAN - The conditions of Christians in Iraq and Egypt: Reunion of the Aid Agencies for the Oriental Churches
Vatican City (Agenzia Fides) – The Reunion of Aid Agencies for the Oriental Churches (ROACO), the committee which unites funding agencies from various countries around the world for the sake of providing assistance in different areas of Church life (from worship buildings to scholarships, from houses of study and formation to social and health care facilities) will take place from 18 to 21 June in the Vatican. It will focus in particular on the critical conditions experienced by Christians in Egypt and Iraq. This year, among the participants at the summit - who in those days will also be received in audience by Pope Francis - are the Patriarch of Babylon of the Chaldeans Louis Raphael I Sako and that of Alexandria of the Catholic Copts Ibrahim Isaac Sidrak. Representatives of the Eastern Christian communities of Syria and father Pierbattista Pizzaballa OFM, Custos of the Holy Land are attending the meeting, which will be held under the presidency of Cardinal Leonardo Sandri, Prefect of the Pontifical Congregation for the Oriental Churches. The working meeting, with reports focused on individual specific topics, will provide an opportunity to study and gain direct information on the many sufferings and difficulties experienced by the Christian communities in the Middle East. (GV) (Agenzia Fides 04/06/2013).
- 2015-03-30 - The Pope: "We think of our brothers and sisters who are persecuted because they are Christians, the martyrs of our own time"
- 2015-03-27 - Cardinal Filoni returns to Iraq to express the closeness and affection of the Pope to displaced families
- 2015-03-16 - VATICAN – Pope Francis: "Our brothers' and sisters' blood is shed only because they are Christians"
- 2015-02-10 - VATICAN – World Day of the Sick: the Church runs 115 352 health care and social assistance institutes in the world
- 2015-02-04 - On February 8: "Shine a light against human trafficking"
- 2015-01-26 - Cardinal Filoni celebrates the 50th anniversary of the diocese of Xuan Loc, "may families and parishes become God’s families"
- 2015-01-23 - Cardinal Filoni at the Shrine of La Vang entrusts the work of evangelization to the Virgin
- 2015-01-22 - Solidarity of the Congregation for the Evangelization of Peoples to the Church of Niger
- 2015-01-20 - Church of Vietnam: "path of conversion and to a strong commitment to evangelization"
- 2015-01-20 - Cardinal. Filoni in Vietnam: "a living Church," distinguished from "the steadfast Faith of the Vietnamese faithful"