VATICAN - The conditions of Christians in Iraq and Egypt: Reunion of the Aid Agencies for the Oriental Churches
Vatican City (Agenzia Fides) – The Reunion of Aid Agencies for the Oriental Churches (ROACO), the committee which unites funding agencies from various countries around the world for the sake of providing assistance in different areas of Church life (from worship buildings to scholarships, from houses of study and formation to social and health care facilities) will take place from 18 to 21 June in the Vatican. It will focus in particular on the critical conditions experienced by Christians in Egypt and Iraq. This year, among the participants at the summit - who in those days will also be received in audience by Pope Francis - are the Patriarch of Babylon of the Chaldeans Louis Raphael I Sako and that of Alexandria of the Catholic Copts Ibrahim Isaac Sidrak. Representatives of the Eastern Christian communities of Syria and father Pierbattista Pizzaballa OFM, Custos of the Holy Land are attending the meeting, which will be held under the presidency of Cardinal Leonardo Sandri, Prefect of the Pontifical Congregation for the Oriental Churches. The working meeting, with reports focused on individual specific topics, will provide an opportunity to study and gain direct information on the many sufferings and difficulties experienced by the Christian communities in the Middle East. (GV) (Agenzia Fides 04/06/2013).
- 2014-07-14 - VATICAN – Pope makes heartfelt appeal "to continue to pray for peace in the Holy Land"
- 2014-06-14 - Message of His Holiness Francis for the World Mission Day 2014
- 2014-06-09 - Without the Holy Spirit there is no mission, there is no evangelization
- 2014-06-02 - Death of Cardinal Lourdusamy, he was Secretary of Propaganda Fide and President of the PMS
- 2014-06-02 - Cardinal Filoni to the seminarians in Otélé : "without the logic of holiness, the priestly ministry would simply be a social function"
- 2014-06-02 - Cardinal Filoni to the clergy of Equatorial Guinea: "A priest is not an official of the Church, but administrator of the mysteries of God":
- 2014-05-28 - Cardinal Filoni to the seminarians in Nkolbisson-Yaoundé: "take to heart the ideal of the priest that the Church needs today and will need tomorrow"
- 2014-05-26 - Cardinal Filoni in Cameroon, for the centenary of the evangelization of Bamenda, and in Equatorial Guinea
- 2014-05-21 - Pope Francis invites to pray so that "Catholics in China continue to believe, to hope and to love"
- 2014-05-08 - Cardinal Filoni at the Mater Ecclesiae College: Religious women, missionary outposts and proclamation of the Gospel