VATICAN - Father Fernando Domingues, new Secretary General of the Pontifical Society of St. Peter Apostle
Vatican City (Agenzia Fides) - Cardinal Fernando Filoni, Prefect of the Congregation for the Evangelization of Peoples, today announced the appointment of Father Fernando Domingues, as Secretary General of the Pontifical Society of St. Peter the Apostle.
Cardinal Filoni thanked the work carried out by Mgr. Jan Dumon since 2005.
The Pontifical Society of St. Peter the Apostle, founded by the Bigards in 1889 in Caen (France), is responsible for supporting the formation of the local clergy in the missions. Currently it follows the needs of the seminars in mission territories.
The new Secretary General of the Pontifical Society of St. Peter the Apostle, Father Fernando Domingues is 54 years old, a Comboni missionary of Portuguese origin and has been the Rector of the Pontifical Urban College in Rome since 2005. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 04/06/2013)
- 2014-04-11 - Message of condolence from the Prefect of the Congregation for the Evangelization of Peoples, Cardinal Filoni, for the death of Cardinal Emmanuel III Delly
- 2014-04-10 - Cardinal Filoni closes the conference "Listening to America": "We have become a Church that listens, a Church that travels with God's people who live in America"
- 2014-03-25 - Cardinal Filoni at the Patronal Feast of Urbaniana University: "Euntes docete leave, go and teach"
- 2014-03-25 - Urbaniana University, a laboratory of interculturalism at the service of the Gospel
- 2014-03-20 - " With the mission in the heart": Cardinal Tomko’s 90th Birthday, for 16 years at Propaganda Fide
- 2014-02-28 - The blood of martyrs “scarlet thread” linking Latin America and the Middle East
- 2014-02-13 - Another priest among the pastoral workers killed in 2013
- 2014-02-13 - Cardinal Filoni : "It is wise and healthy to go to Christ’s school, be once again young pupils and listen to the Master"
- 2014-01-27 - The pope: "Joy and Hope" for the people who celebrate the Lunar New Year
- 2014-01-20 - Migrants, "close to the heart of the Church"