VATICAN - Father Fernando Domingues, new Secretary General of the Pontifical Society of St. Peter Apostle
Vatican City (Agenzia Fides) - Cardinal Fernando Filoni, Prefect of the Congregation for the Evangelization of Peoples, today announced the appointment of Father Fernando Domingues, as Secretary General of the Pontifical Society of St. Peter the Apostle.
Cardinal Filoni thanked the work carried out by Mgr. Jan Dumon since 2005.
The Pontifical Society of St. Peter the Apostle, founded by the Bigards in 1889 in Caen (France), is responsible for supporting the formation of the local clergy in the missions. Currently it follows the needs of the seminars in mission territories.
The new Secretary General of the Pontifical Society of St. Peter the Apostle, Father Fernando Domingues is 54 years old, a Comboni missionary of Portuguese origin and has been the Rector of the Pontifical Urban College in Rome since 2005. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 04/06/2013)
- 2015-05-28 - General Assembly of the Pontifical Mission Societies: "How to support the universal mission today and tomorrow"
- 2015-05-25 - The Pope's Message for World Mission Day 2015
- 2015-05-21 - The Pope recalls the Day of Prayer for the Church in China on May 24
- 2015-05-18 - Archbishop Romero will be the patron of Caritas Internationalis
- 2015-05-04 - Cardinal Filoni ordains 14 deacons from Africa and Asia: "you must have a missionary heart"
- 2015-04-29 - For a "Christian commitment" in the fight against human trafficking
- 2015-04-13 - Jubilee of Mercy: "This is a time for the Church to rediscover the meaning of the mission entrusted to her by the Lord"
- 2015-04-09 - Cardinal Filoni: Iraqi families all expect to be able to return to their homes, and we are ready to help them start over
- 2015-04-08 - Easter 2015: "Our brothers and sisters are persecuted, exiled, killed and beheaded simply because they are Christians, they are our martyrs of today"
- 2015-03-30 - The Pope: "We think of our brothers and sisters who are persecuted because they are Christians, the martyrs of our own time"