VATICAN - Father Fernando Domingues, new Secretary General of the Pontifical Society of St. Peter Apostle
Vatican City (Agenzia Fides) - Cardinal Fernando Filoni, Prefect of the Congregation for the Evangelization of Peoples, today announced the appointment of Father Fernando Domingues, as Secretary General of the Pontifical Society of St. Peter the Apostle.
Cardinal Filoni thanked the work carried out by Mgr. Jan Dumon since 2005.
The Pontifical Society of St. Peter the Apostle, founded by the Bigards in 1889 in Caen (France), is responsible for supporting the formation of the local clergy in the missions. Currently it follows the needs of the seminars in mission territories.
The new Secretary General of the Pontifical Society of St. Peter the Apostle, Father Fernando Domingues is 54 years old, a Comboni missionary of Portuguese origin and has been the Rector of the Pontifical Urban College in Rome since 2005. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 04/06/2013)
- 2014-11-26 - The First International Day of Prayer and Awareness against Human Trafficking
- 2014-11-24 - Pope Francis: may the Lord grant a new missionary drive to the Church in India
- 2014-10-30 - Pope's appeal: take all necessary measures to eradicate the Ebola virus
- 2014-10-25 - WORLD MISSION DAY - CATHOLIC CHURCH STATISTICS 2014
- 2014-10-20 - Pope Paul VI, "a staunch supporter of the mission ad gentes"
- 2014-10-18 - VATICAN – Blessed Pope Paul VI: "The love for Missions is love for the Church, love for Christ!"
- 2014-10-13 - The memory of the missionaries, their examples, attract and inspire us to imitate their faith
- 2014-10-07 - First ever global campaign by the 160 Caritas national organisations: ending world hunger is their priority
- 2014-10-01 - The feast of St. Therese of Lisieux, Patroness of the Missions, opens the Mission Month
- 2014-09-24 - Pope's appeal to the countries of Africa affected by the ebola virus