VATICAN - Father Fernando Domingues, new Secretary General of the Pontifical Society of St. Peter Apostle
Vatican City (Agenzia Fides) - Cardinal Fernando Filoni, Prefect of the Congregation for the Evangelization of Peoples, today announced the appointment of Father Fernando Domingues, as Secretary General of the Pontifical Society of St. Peter the Apostle.
Cardinal Filoni thanked the work carried out by Mgr. Jan Dumon since 2005.
The Pontifical Society of St. Peter the Apostle, founded by the Bigards in 1889 in Caen (France), is responsible for supporting the formation of the local clergy in the missions. Currently it follows the needs of the seminars in mission territories.
The new Secretary General of the Pontifical Society of St. Peter the Apostle, Father Fernando Domingues is 54 years old, a Comboni missionary of Portuguese origin and has been the Rector of the Pontifical Urban College in Rome since 2005. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 04/06/2013)
- 2015-11-12 - Statement from the Congregation for the Evangelization of Peoples
- 2015-11-03 - Pope's appeal for Central Africa: "put an end to this cycle of violence"
- 2015-10-29 - Cardinal Filoni: Only peace will save the indigenous Christian communities in Mesopotamia
- 2015-10-28 - Appeal from the 5 continents: "The fight against climate change must respect the rights of the poor"
- 2015-10-28 - Urbaniana University: to form men and women capable of becoming bridges of relationships and instruments of mutual understanding
- 2015-10-16 - The Missionary Rosary for World Mission Day and the 50th anniversary of the "Ad Gentes" decree
- 2015-10-02 - Cardinal Filoni opens the formative year: "called to live the joy of the Gospel"
- 2015-10-01 - With the feast of St. Therese of Lisieux, October, month of the missions begins
- 2015-09-15 - Cardinal Filoni on his visit: the enthusiasm of the Church in Bangladesh, the vivacity of the Church in India
- 2015-09-14 - The first blessed in South Africa: Benedict Daswa, family man, killed for the Gospel