VATICAN - Father Fernando Domingues, new Secretary General of the Pontifical Society of St. Peter Apostle
Vatican City (Agenzia Fides) - Cardinal Fernando Filoni, Prefect of the Congregation for the Evangelization of Peoples, today announced the appointment of Father Fernando Domingues, as Secretary General of the Pontifical Society of St. Peter the Apostle.
Cardinal Filoni thanked the work carried out by Mgr. Jan Dumon since 2005.
The Pontifical Society of St. Peter the Apostle, founded by the Bigards in 1889 in Caen (France), is responsible for supporting the formation of the local clergy in the missions. Currently it follows the needs of the seminars in mission territories.
The new Secretary General of the Pontifical Society of St. Peter the Apostle, Father Fernando Domingues is 54 years old, a Comboni missionary of Portuguese origin and has been the Rector of the Pontifical Urban College in Rome since 2005. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 04/06/2013)
- 2015-02-10 - VATICAN – World Day of the Sick: the Church runs 115 352 health care and social assistance institutes in the world
- 2015-02-04 - On February 8: "Shine a light against human trafficking"
- 2015-01-26 - Cardinal Filoni celebrates the 50th anniversary of the diocese of Xuan Loc, "may families and parishes become God’s families"
- 2015-01-23 - Cardinal Filoni at the Shrine of La Vang entrusts the work of evangelization to the Virgin
- 2015-01-22 - Solidarity of the Congregation for the Evangelization of Peoples to the Church of Niger
- 2015-01-20 - Church of Vietnam: "path of conversion and to a strong commitment to evangelization"
- 2015-01-20 - Cardinal. Filoni in Vietnam: "a living Church," distinguished from "the steadfast Faith of the Vietnamese faithful"
- 2015-01-19 - Cardinal Filoni, Prefect of the Congregation, on a pastoral visit in Vietnam
- 2015-01-14 - Saint Joseph Vaz, an example of missionary zeal
- 2015-01-07 - Pope Francis on the Day of Missionary Childhood: "Children announcers of the Gospel"