ASIA/JORDAN - King Abdullah II and Cardinal Sandri at the solemn inauguration of the American University of Madaba
Amman (Agenzia Fides) - The official opening of the American University of Madaba, AUM, affiliated to the University of the Latin Patriarchate of Jerusalem is scheduled for Thursday afternoon, May 30. King Abdullah II of Jordan, the Latin Patriarch of Jerusalem Fouad Twal and Cardinal Leonardo Sandri, Prefect of the Congregation for the Oriental Churches will take part in the inauguration.
"The presence of the King, the Patriarch and the Cardinal" explains to Fides Agency Fr. Rifat Bader, director of the Center of Catholic Studies and formation for media "authoritatively confirms that the path of the new university institution should be viewed in the context of the great and enduring mission carried out by the Latin Patriarchate in Jordan in the field of education. 160 years ago the early phases of the first school of the Latin Patriarchate beyond the Jordan started, in what appeared as a closed and marginal world. Today, that same mission has lead to the creation of a University with high standards and international academic connections, at the service of the people of Jordan, Christians and Muslims together."
The American University of Madaba opened its stutture in October 2011. There are about 800 students, but at full capacity, the University can accommodate 8 thousand. The Latin Patriarchate contributed significantly to the building of the university. (GV) (Agenzia Fides 28/05/2013).
- 2015-05-21 - Educational project for young Christian refugees who have fled from north Iraq
- 2015-04-29 - The first "Lourdes Grotto" in the Hashemite Kingdom
- 2015-03-02 - The parish pastoral Councils answer the questions for the Synod on the family
- 2015-02-10 - CCSM denounces offensive drawings of Lord Jesus Christ on hookahs
- 2015-02-04 - Today masses and prayers in churches for the pilot burned alive by jihadists
- 2015-02-03 - Jordanian Minister: satirical cartoons of the Prophet Muhammad have nothing to do with Christianity
- 2015-01-22 - King Abdullah II praises the Pope: religions must not offended
- 2015-01-05 - Christian Schools welcome the Iraqis children who fled from Mosul and Nineveh Plain
- 2015-01-02 - The Grand Mufti of Jordan: the pronouncement of the "Fatwa" is reserved for authorized experts
- 2014-12-16 - More than 7,000 Christian refugees from Iraq; Caritas Jordan: "in two months we will not have anymore resources to assist them"