ASIA/SOUTH KOREA – Worldwide Eucharistic Adoration with the Pope: to pray for peace with North Korea
Seoul (Agenzia Fides) - The Worldwide Eucharistic Adoration, will be broadcast from St. Peter’s Basilica next Sunday, 2 June, in communion with Pope Francis. The Archdiocese of Seoul will pray with a particular intention: peaceful relations and reconciliation between South and Korea North. This is what was reported to Fides Agency by Fr. Matthias Hur Young-yup, Director for Social Communications of the Archdiocese. This morning, in the Holy See Press Office, Archbishop Rino Fisichella, president of the Pontifical Council for Promoting the New Evangelization presented the major event of the Year of Faith: a Worldwide Eucharistic Adoration.
Fr. Matthias informs Fides that he has sent official letters to all the parishes in the archdiocese, that will participate in the Adoration. The celebration will be attended by thousands of young Catholics in the Cathedral of Seoul: "We believe this is a great opportunity to be united with the Church throughout the world, and to help young people to strengthen their faith", he explains.
At a time of high tension between North and South Korea, the invocation of peace will rise to the Lord: "Because our Archbishop is also Apostolic Administrator of Pyongyang (capital of North Korea), we will pray especially for the welfare of the people of North Korea and that more peaceful relations can be established with the government of North Korea, " said the Director. Among other prayer intentions: "May the good news of the Lord spread in all countries in Asia, and may the Lord grant material and spiritual aid to all the peoples of Asia."
In addition, on June 7, World Day of Prayer for the sanctification of priests, all the priests of the Archdiocese of Seoul will go on pilgrimage with the Archbishop, visiting some holy places in Seoul. (PA) (Agenzia Fides 28/05/2013)
- 2014-08-18 - The Bishops: "The hug towards the disabled: the most significant moment of the Pope's visit"
- 2014-07-14 - The site of the Pope's trip to Korea is online
- 2014-06-27 - The Asian Bishops: "The Pope with our young people: an event of grace"
- 2014-06-12 - New commitment to enhance the ecumenical movement: social evangelization and missionary initiatives
- 2014-05-26 - South Korea invites a group of North Korean Catholics to the Pope's Mass in Seoul
- 2014-05-21 - The Cardinal of Seul visits North Korea
- 2014-04-25 - Annual Workshop of Caritas: Communicate to evangelize
- 2014-03-26 - "Small Christian Communities" instrument of evangelization
- 2014-03-14 - Church and government engaged in the Pope's visit; boom of participants at the Asian Youth Day
- 2014-03-11 - The Bishops: "Korea, rise up in splendor!", the Pope is coming