ASIA/SOUTH KOREA – Worldwide Eucharistic Adoration with the Pope: to pray for peace with North Korea
Seoul (Agenzia Fides) - The Worldwide Eucharistic Adoration, will be broadcast from St. Peter’s Basilica next Sunday, 2 June, in communion with Pope Francis. The Archdiocese of Seoul will pray with a particular intention: peaceful relations and reconciliation between South and Korea North. This is what was reported to Fides Agency by Fr. Matthias Hur Young-yup, Director for Social Communications of the Archdiocese. This morning, in the Holy See Press Office, Archbishop Rino Fisichella, president of the Pontifical Council for Promoting the New Evangelization presented the major event of the Year of Faith: a Worldwide Eucharistic Adoration.
Fr. Matthias informs Fides that he has sent official letters to all the parishes in the archdiocese, that will participate in the Adoration. The celebration will be attended by thousands of young Catholics in the Cathedral of Seoul: "We believe this is a great opportunity to be united with the Church throughout the world, and to help young people to strengthen their faith", he explains.
At a time of high tension between North and South Korea, the invocation of peace will rise to the Lord: "Because our Archbishop is also Apostolic Administrator of Pyongyang (capital of North Korea), we will pray especially for the welfare of the people of North Korea and that more peaceful relations can be established with the government of North Korea, " said the Director. Among other prayer intentions: "May the good news of the Lord spread in all countries in Asia, and may the Lord grant material and spiritual aid to all the peoples of Asia."
In addition, on June 7, World Day of Prayer for the sanctification of priests, all the priests of the Archdiocese of Seoul will go on pilgrimage with the Archbishop, visiting some holy places in Seoul. (PA) (Agenzia Fides 28/05/2013)
- 2014-02-24 ASIA/SOUTH KOREA – Catholic Bishops: for 2014 “a Church with a warm heart”
- 2014-02-19 ASIA/SOUTH KOREA - "Forty days for life": Church reinforces its commitment against abortion
- 2014-02-10 ASIA/SOUTH KOREA - The Archbishop of Seoul: "The Korean martyrs, a model of holiness"
- 2014-02-06 ASIA/SOUTH KOREA - In the wake of Evangelii Gaudium, the Church is committed to the poor and unemployed
- 2014-02-04 ASIA/SOUTH KOREA - Vocations bloom: the ordination of bishops, priests and deacons in Seoul
- 2014-02-03 ASIA/SOUTH KOREA - The Archbishop of Seoul: "The Pope in Korea? A message of hope for all of Asia"
- 2014-01-24 ASIA/SOUTH KOREA – Newly appointed Cardinal Yeom Soo-jung visits the homeless
- 2014-01-15 ASIA/SOUTH KOREA – Archbishop Yeom Soo- jung: "A call to the evangelization of China and North Korea"
- 2013-12-11 ASIA/SOUTH KOREA - Pastoral Letter of the Archbishop of Seoul: A new year for the new evangelization
- 2013-11-27 ASIA/SOUTH KOREA - Controversy between a priest and the Korean President: the Archbishop of Seoul invites priests not to get involved in politics