ASIA/SOUTH KOREA – Worldwide Eucharistic Adoration with the Pope: to pray for peace with North Korea
Seoul (Agenzia Fides) - The Worldwide Eucharistic Adoration, will be broadcast from St. Peter’s Basilica next Sunday, 2 June, in communion with Pope Francis. The Archdiocese of Seoul will pray with a particular intention: peaceful relations and reconciliation between South and Korea North. This is what was reported to Fides Agency by Fr. Matthias Hur Young-yup, Director for Social Communications of the Archdiocese. This morning, in the Holy See Press Office, Archbishop Rino Fisichella, president of the Pontifical Council for Promoting the New Evangelization presented the major event of the Year of Faith: a Worldwide Eucharistic Adoration.
Fr. Matthias informs Fides that he has sent official letters to all the parishes in the archdiocese, that will participate in the Adoration. The celebration will be attended by thousands of young Catholics in the Cathedral of Seoul: "We believe this is a great opportunity to be united with the Church throughout the world, and to help young people to strengthen their faith", he explains.
At a time of high tension between North and South Korea, the invocation of peace will rise to the Lord: "Because our Archbishop is also Apostolic Administrator of Pyongyang (capital of North Korea), we will pray especially for the welfare of the people of North Korea and that more peaceful relations can be established with the government of North Korea, " said the Director. Among other prayer intentions: "May the good news of the Lord spread in all countries in Asia, and may the Lord grant material and spiritual aid to all the peoples of Asia."
In addition, on June 7, World Day of Prayer for the sanctification of priests, all the priests of the Archdiocese of Seoul will go on pilgrimage with the Archbishop, visiting some holy places in Seoul. (PA) (Agenzia Fides 28/05/2013)
- 2013-11-27 ASIA/SOUTH KOREA - Controversy between a priest and the Korean President: the Archbishop of Seoul invites priests not to get involved in politics
- 2013-11-05 ASIA/SOUTH KOREA - Christians in prayer for reconciliation between North and South, in the demilitarized zone
- 2013-10-30 ASIA/SOUTH KOREA - Bishop of Mongolia: "Thanks for the missionary commitment of the Korean Church"
- 2013-10-03 ASIA/SOUTH KOREA - In mission among the poor and marginalized in the "existential suburbs" of Suwon
- 2013-10-03 ASIA/SOUTH KOREA - Over 45 thousand faithful attend Cardinal Filoni’s Mass for the Jubilee of the Diocese of Suwon
- 2013-09-30 ASIA/SOUTH KOREA - The Archbishop of Seoul: "Cardinal Filoni’s visit is an incentive for the Church in Korea that wants to be missionary"
- 2013-09-16 ASIA/SOUTH KOREA - Korean Bishops' Pilgrimage on foot to martyrs' shrines
- 2013-08-29 ASIA/SOUTH KOREA - Pope Francis to the Archdiocese of Seoul : "The martyrs as the way of faith and evangelization"
- 2013-08-27 ASIA/SOUTH KOREA - The Archbishop of Seoul and Cardinal Grocholewski: education as a means of evangelization in Asia
- 2013-08-19 ASIA/SOUTH KOREA - The Archbishop of Seoul: "Let us entrust to Mary the reconciliation between the Koreas"