Acta of the Holy See
AFRICA/CONGO - The erection of the new diocese of Dolisie (Republic of Congo) and appointment of the first Bishop
Vatican City (Agenzia Fides) - The Holy Father Francis on 24 May 2013, erected the new diocese of Dolisie (Republic of Congo), with territory taken from the diocese of Nkayi, making it a suffragan of the Archdiocese of Brazzaville, and appointed Rev. Bienvenu Manamika Bafouakouahou, Vicar General of the Diocese of Kinkala as the first Bishop of Dolisie.
Rev. Bienvenu Manamika Bafouakouahou was born in Brazzaville on 16 October 1964. He comes from the village of Pool, not far from Kinkala. He was ordained a priest on August 29, 1993 for the Diocese of Kinkala.
After ordination he held the following positions: 1993-1995: Spiritual Director at the Minor Seminary of the Diocese of Kinkala, in Mindouli, and Cooperator in the Parish of Martyrs in Mindouli; 1995-2000: studies in Canon Law at the University of Salamanca and Cooperator in the Parish of St. Mary Mediatrix (1998-1999); 2000-2003: Pastor of the Parish of Paray (France); 2004-2009: Pastor of the Cathedral of Kinkala; since 2004: Vicar General of the Diocese of Kinkala, Episcopal Delegate for the diocesan Caritas and Coordinator of the College of St. Augustine in Kinkala. (L.M.) (Agenzia Fides 24/05/2013)
Acta of the Holy See
- 2013-01-28 - Appointment of Auxiliary Bishop of Niamey
- 2013-01-21 - Resignation of the Bishop of Mouila and appointment of Successor
- 2013-01-18 - Appointment of the Bishop of Thiès
- 2013-01-16 - Resignation of the Bishop of Bukoba and appointment of successor and Apostolic Administrator of Singida
- 2013-01-02 - Erection of the new dioceses of Gboko and Katsina-Ala and appointment of the first Bishops
- 2013-01-02 - Appointment of Coadjutor Archbishop of Singapore
- 2013-01-02 - Resignation of the Bishop of Udaipur and appointment of successor
- 2012-12-28 - Appointment of Coadjutor of Bùi Chu
- 2012-12-21 - Resignation of the Archbishop of Suva and appointment of Successor
- 2012-12-10 - Appointment of the Archbishop of Keewatin-Le Pas