AMERICA/CHILE - "Chile has a debt with the Mapuche community," said Msg. Vial in his greetings to the community
Temuco (Agenzia Fides) - "Chile has a debt with the Mapuche community," said Mgr. Manuel Camilo Vial Risopatrón in a statement sent to Fides, who a week ago became Bishop Emeritus of Temuco (Chile), who for eleven years as the head of the diocese community was committed with the Mapuche, but there is still much to be done in the field of human rights.
This is how Mgr. Vial wanted to greet the community during the celebration of his 78 years of life in the cathedral of the capital of Araucania. Mgr. Vial said that people do not have care and concern for the good of Chile, adding that there is a passion for Chile when it plays in the national football team. Mgr. Vial celebrated 78 years of life, 33 as a Bishop and 11 at the service of the Diocese of Temuco.
Seven days ago, Msg. Héctor Eduardo Vargas Bastidas, S.D.B. (who was bishop of Arica since 2003) was appointed Bishop of Temuco. Mgr. Vial told the press that he has established his new residence in the metropolitan area of Temuco, and will continue to work with the Mapuche community. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 21/05/2013)
- 2015-10-22 - A global network of volunteers for minors at risk
- 2015-10-19 - V Meeting for Pastoral Operators of Human Mobility in Bolivia, Chile and Peru
- 2015-10-05 - The Bishop of Punta Arenas thanks for the clarification on the gas supply
- 2015-09-29 - The Bishop of Punta Arenas denounces: There is no transparency in the agreements for gas
- 2015-09-25 - Earthquake victims help other victims: the President of Caritas Chile in the affected areas
- 2015-08-06 - "Freedoms have limits", said Mgr. Chomalí
- 2015-08-03 - “Abortion is never therapeutic”: local Catholic Church attacks
- 2015-07-01 - Procession at sea on Easter Island for St. Peter, praying for the Pope's visit
- 2015-05-19 - The main problems of childhood in Chile: Sexual exploitation, trafficking, drugs, alcohol
- 2015-05-18 - First agreement between former political prisoners and government, Mgr. Goic President of the Commission