VATICAN - The Pope launches "Missio", an "App" for smartphones with Fides news
Vatican City (Agenzia Fides) - Fides News is available in eight languages, even on an "App" (application) for smartphones, called "Missio", which can be download for free. The service was inaugurated by Pope Francis during the Audience with the National Directors of the Pontifical Mission Societies and with the staff of Fides Agency, on May 17 at the Vatican. Papa Francis clicked on an iPad, launching the application, created by Fr. Andrew Small, OMI, National Director of the Pontifical Mission Societies in the United States. The app "Missio" contains news posted on the site "news.va", photos, videos and the Pope’s homilies, the news of the Church in the world.
"Holy Father, we want to put the Gospel in the pocket of every young person in the world," said Fr. Small to the Pope, who touched a button on which "Evangelizantur," was written, which in Latin means "May they be evangelized." On the very first day, the App was downloaded by 1,140 people in 27 different countries. "Our goal is to help people see the world through the eyes of faith," said Fr. Small. The application can be downloaded for free on iTunes App Store and Google Play. It is available in eight languages: English, Spanish, Italian, German, French, Portuguese, Chinese and Arabic. (PA) (Agenzia Fides 20/05/2013)
- 2014-07-14 - VATICAN – Pope makes heartfelt appeal "to continue to pray for peace in the Holy Land"
- 2014-06-14 - Message of His Holiness Francis for the World Mission Day 2014
- 2014-06-09 - Without the Holy Spirit there is no mission, there is no evangelization
- 2014-06-02 - Death of Cardinal Lourdusamy, he was Secretary of Propaganda Fide and President of the PMS
- 2014-06-02 - Cardinal Filoni to the seminarians in Otélé : "without the logic of holiness, the priestly ministry would simply be a social function"
- 2014-06-02 - Cardinal Filoni to the clergy of Equatorial Guinea: "A priest is not an official of the Church, but administrator of the mysteries of God":
- 2014-05-28 - Cardinal Filoni to the seminarians in Nkolbisson-Yaoundé: "take to heart the ideal of the priest that the Church needs today and will need tomorrow"
- 2014-05-26 - Cardinal Filoni in Cameroon, for the centenary of the evangelization of Bamenda, and in Equatorial Guinea
- 2014-05-21 - Pope Francis invites to pray so that "Catholics in China continue to believe, to hope and to love"
- 2014-05-08 - Cardinal Filoni at the Mater Ecclesiae College: Religious women, missionary outposts and proclamation of the Gospel