VATICAN - The Pope launches "Missio", an "App" for smartphones with Fides news
Vatican City (Agenzia Fides) - Fides News is available in eight languages, even on an "App" (application) for smartphones, called "Missio", which can be download for free. The service was inaugurated by Pope Francis during the Audience with the National Directors of the Pontifical Mission Societies and with the staff of Fides Agency, on May 17 at the Vatican. Papa Francis clicked on an iPad, launching the application, created by Fr. Andrew Small, OMI, National Director of the Pontifical Mission Societies in the United States. The app "Missio" contains news posted on the site "news.va", photos, videos and the Pope’s homilies, the news of the Church in the world.
"Holy Father, we want to put the Gospel in the pocket of every young person in the world," said Fr. Small to the Pope, who touched a button on which "Evangelizantur," was written, which in Latin means "May they be evangelized." On the very first day, the App was downloaded by 1,140 people in 27 different countries. "Our goal is to help people see the world through the eyes of faith," said Fr. Small. The application can be downloaded for free on iTunes App Store and Google Play. It is available in eight languages: English, Spanish, Italian, German, French, Portuguese, Chinese and Arabic. (PA) (Agenzia Fides 20/05/2013)
- 2014-04-11 - Message of condolence from the Prefect of the Congregation for the Evangelization of Peoples, Cardinal Filoni, for the death of Cardinal Emmanuel III Delly
- 2014-04-10 - Cardinal Filoni closes the conference "Listening to America": "We have become a Church that listens, a Church that travels with God's people who live in America"
- 2014-03-25 - Cardinal Filoni at the Patronal Feast of Urbaniana University: "Euntes docete leave, go and teach"
- 2014-03-25 - Urbaniana University, a laboratory of interculturalism at the service of the Gospel
- 2014-03-20 - " With the mission in the heart": Cardinal Tomko’s 90th Birthday, for 16 years at Propaganda Fide
- 2014-02-28 - The blood of martyrs “scarlet thread” linking Latin America and the Middle East
- 2014-02-13 - Another priest among the pastoral workers killed in 2013
- 2014-02-13 - Cardinal Filoni : "It is wise and healthy to go to Christ’s school, be once again young pupils and listen to the Master"
- 2014-01-27 - The pope: "Joy and Hope" for the people who celebrate the Lunar New Year
- 2014-01-20 - Migrants, "close to the heart of the Church"