VATICAN - The Pope launches "Missio", an "App" for smartphones with Fides news
Vatican City (Agenzia Fides) - Fides News is available in eight languages, even on an "App" (application) for smartphones, called "Missio", which can be download for free. The service was inaugurated by Pope Francis during the Audience with the National Directors of the Pontifical Mission Societies and with the staff of Fides Agency, on May 17 at the Vatican. Papa Francis clicked on an iPad, launching the application, created by Fr. Andrew Small, OMI, National Director of the Pontifical Mission Societies in the United States. The app "Missio" contains news posted on the site "news.va", photos, videos and the Pope’s homilies, the news of the Church in the world.
"Holy Father, we want to put the Gospel in the pocket of every young person in the world," said Fr. Small to the Pope, who touched a button on which "Evangelizantur," was written, which in Latin means "May they be evangelized." On the very first day, the App was downloaded by 1,140 people in 27 different countries. "Our goal is to help people see the world through the eyes of faith," said Fr. Small. The application can be downloaded for free on iTunes App Store and Google Play. It is available in eight languages: English, Spanish, Italian, German, French, Portuguese, Chinese and Arabic. (PA) (Agenzia Fides 20/05/2013)
- 2014-11-26 - The First International Day of Prayer and Awareness against Human Trafficking
- 2014-11-24 - Pope Francis: may the Lord grant a new missionary drive to the Church in India
- 2014-10-30 - Pope's appeal: take all necessary measures to eradicate the Ebola virus
- 2014-10-25 - WORLD MISSION DAY - CATHOLIC CHURCH STATISTICS 2014
- 2014-10-20 - Pope Paul VI, "a staunch supporter of the mission ad gentes"
- 2014-10-18 - VATICAN – Blessed Pope Paul VI: "The love for Missions is love for the Church, love for Christ!"
- 2014-10-13 - The memory of the missionaries, their examples, attract and inspire us to imitate their faith
- 2014-10-07 - First ever global campaign by the 160 Caritas national organisations: ending world hunger is their priority
- 2014-10-01 - The feast of St. Therese of Lisieux, Patroness of the Missions, opens the Mission Month
- 2014-09-24 - Pope's appeal to the countries of Africa affected by the ebola virus