VATICAN - The Pope launches "Missio", an "App" for smartphones with Fides news
Vatican City (Agenzia Fides) - Fides News is available in eight languages, even on an "App" (application) for smartphones, called "Missio", which can be download for free. The service was inaugurated by Pope Francis during the Audience with the National Directors of the Pontifical Mission Societies and with the staff of Fides Agency, on May 17 at the Vatican. Papa Francis clicked on an iPad, launching the application, created by Fr. Andrew Small, OMI, National Director of the Pontifical Mission Societies in the United States. The app "Missio" contains news posted on the site "news.va", photos, videos and the Pope’s homilies, the news of the Church in the world.
"Holy Father, we want to put the Gospel in the pocket of every young person in the world," said Fr. Small to the Pope, who touched a button on which "Evangelizantur," was written, which in Latin means "May they be evangelized." On the very first day, the App was downloaded by 1,140 people in 27 different countries. "Our goal is to help people see the world through the eyes of faith," said Fr. Small. The application can be downloaded for free on iTunes App Store and Google Play. It is available in eight languages: English, Spanish, Italian, German, French, Portuguese, Chinese and Arabic. (PA) (Agenzia Fides 20/05/2013)
- 2015-05-28 - General Assembly of the Pontifical Mission Societies: "How to support the universal mission today and tomorrow"
- 2015-05-25 - The Pope's Message for World Mission Day 2015
- 2015-05-21 - The Pope recalls the Day of Prayer for the Church in China on May 24
- 2015-05-18 - Archbishop Romero will be the patron of Caritas Internationalis
- 2015-05-04 - Cardinal Filoni ordains 14 deacons from Africa and Asia: "you must have a missionary heart"
- 2015-04-29 - For a "Christian commitment" in the fight against human trafficking
- 2015-04-13 - Jubilee of Mercy: "This is a time for the Church to rediscover the meaning of the mission entrusted to her by the Lord"
- 2015-04-09 - Cardinal Filoni: Iraqi families all expect to be able to return to their homes, and we are ready to help them start over
- 2015-04-08 - Easter 2015: "Our brothers and sisters are persecuted, exiled, killed and beheaded simply because they are Christians, they are our martyrs of today"
- 2015-03-30 - The Pope: "We think of our brothers and sisters who are persecuted because they are Christians, the martyrs of our own time"