VATICAN - "The PMS, concrete sign for the special attention to the young Churches," Cardinal Filoni at the audience with Pope Francis
Vatican City (Agenzia Fides) - On May 17, Pope Francis received the participants of the Ordinary General Assembly of the Pontifical Mission Societies. Cardinal Fernando Filoni, Prefect of the Congregation for the Evangelization of Peoples, addressed his greetings to the Pope presenting the Assembly as a moment of reflection and fraternal sharing to raise missionary awareness in the Dioceses around the world.
"The Pontifical Mission Societies are the most concrete sign that Your Holiness has at your disposal, thanks to the generosity of the faithful, in support of young Churches and universal solidarity. After the II Vatican Council, the sensitivity and responsibility with regards to the cooperation between the Churches of ancient and new evangelization has grown tremendously; this is a beautiful fruit of the Council because it manifests live sensitivity that exists among the Churches. This aspect, however, cannot replace the inalienable solicitude of the Holy Father to all the particular Churches and in particular to the missionary world: that is the raison d'être of the Pontifical Mission Societies. As a result, the Congregation for the Evangelization of Peoples and the Pontifical Societies feel the duty to relaunch with more enthusiasm and ardor their commitment to make the missionary mandate that Jesus left the Church to reach the ends of the earth," the Cardinal said to the Holy Father. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 18/05/2013)
- 2014-10-30 - Pope's appeal: take all necessary measures to eradicate the Ebola virus
- 2014-10-25 - WORLD MISSION DAY - CATHOLIC CHURCH STATISTICS 2014
- 2014-10-20 - Pope Paul VI, "a staunch supporter of the mission ad gentes"
- 2014-10-18 - VATICAN – Blessed Pope Paul VI: "The love for Missions is love for the Church, love for Christ!"
- 2014-10-13 - The memory of the missionaries, their examples, attract and inspire us to imitate their faith
- 2014-10-07 - First ever global campaign by the 160 Caritas national organisations: ending world hunger is their priority
- 2014-10-01 - The feast of St. Therese of Lisieux, Patroness of the Missions, opens the Mission Month
- 2014-09-24 - Pope's appeal to the countries of Africa affected by the ebola virus
- 2014-09-22 - Bishops, called to give "a genuine missionary impulse" to their diocesan communities
- 2014-09-13 - "Strong families are our best defense against poverty": meeting on the role of the family in the global economic crisis