VATICAN - "The PMS, concrete sign for the special attention to the young Churches," Cardinal Filoni at the audience with Pope Francis
Vatican City (Agenzia Fides) - On May 17, Pope Francis received the participants of the Ordinary General Assembly of the Pontifical Mission Societies. Cardinal Fernando Filoni, Prefect of the Congregation for the Evangelization of Peoples, addressed his greetings to the Pope presenting the Assembly as a moment of reflection and fraternal sharing to raise missionary awareness in the Dioceses around the world.
"The Pontifical Mission Societies are the most concrete sign that Your Holiness has at your disposal, thanks to the generosity of the faithful, in support of young Churches and universal solidarity. After the II Vatican Council, the sensitivity and responsibility with regards to the cooperation between the Churches of ancient and new evangelization has grown tremendously; this is a beautiful fruit of the Council because it manifests live sensitivity that exists among the Churches. This aspect, however, cannot replace the inalienable solicitude of the Holy Father to all the particular Churches and in particular to the missionary world: that is the raison d'être of the Pontifical Mission Societies. As a result, the Congregation for the Evangelization of Peoples and the Pontifical Societies feel the duty to relaunch with more enthusiasm and ardor their commitment to make the missionary mandate that Jesus left the Church to reach the ends of the earth," the Cardinal said to the Holy Father. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 18/05/2013)
- 2015-10-02 - Cardinal Filoni opens the formative year: "called to live the joy of the Gospel"
- 2015-10-01 - With the feast of St. Therese of Lisieux, October, month of the missions begins
- 2015-09-15 - Cardinal Filoni on his visit: the enthusiasm of the Church in Bangladesh, the vivacity of the Church in India
- 2015-09-14 - The first blessed in South Africa: Benedict Daswa, family man, killed for the Gospel
- 2015-09-14 - Cardinal Filoni concludes his visit to Bangladesh where he meets families and seminarians
- 2015-09-12 - Cardinal Filoni meets Bishops, priests, religious and laity of Bangladesh: "We are all in a permanent state of mission"
- 2015-09-12 - Cardinal Filoni to the Bishops of Bangladesh: "try to sow unity in the dioceses"
- 2015-09-11 - Cardinal Filoni in Bangladesh for the XXV Anniversary of the diocese of Rajshahi: "there is much work to do"
- 2015-09-07 - Pastoral visit of Cardinal Filoni in Bangladesh, India and Nepal
- 2015-06-30 - VATICAN – Ceremonial gift of the pallium to 46 Metropolitan Archbishops, 13 belong to the territories of Propaganda Fide