AMERICA/MEXICO - "Do not use the church for political interests," warns the Bishop of Veracruz
Veracruz (Agenzia Fides) - "Do not use the church for political interests." This is what Mgr.Luis Felipe Gallardo Martin del Campo, S.D.B. Bishop of Veracruz said, warning the candidates for the upcoming elections.
"One thing is presenting oneself as a person who belongs to a religious faith, and another thing is to think and say: if more than eighty percent of the citizens of this country are Catholic, I can say that I too am a Catholic," said Mgr. Gallardo Martin.
The note sent to Fides reports that the Church will invite the faithful to go to the polls pointing out that voting is their right, but that will not be given directions to vote in favor of any political party. Mgr. Gallardo Martin remarked that citizens must be responsible and go to vote, because voting is a right but also an obligation. The Bishop was very clear in his message to the community, "Verify who to vote for, do not do it for a stranger, so you will not regret it later."
The administrative elections of 2013 will take place on July 7 in the states of Aguascalientes, Baja California, Coahuila, Durango, Chihuahua, Hidalgo, Oaxaca, Puebla, Quintana Roo, Sinaloa, Tamaulipas, Tlaxcala Veracruz and Zacatecas. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 14/05/2013)
- 2014-12-15 - The Church reminds authorities that they even have to respond to the law for their actions
- 2014-12-13 - AMERICA/MEXICO – Conclusion of the 10th "Caravan of hope": 9 missing migrants found
- 2014-12-10 - The Church close to the families of the missing students and engaged in proposing solutions
- 2014-12-09 - AMERICA/MEXICO – After14 years ordination of 9 Indigenous permanent deacons
- 2014-12-09 - AMERICA/MEXICO – Young man dies to obtain justice
- 2014-12-06 - Bishop of Torreón calls for “more proposals and less protests to achieve peace”
- 2014-12-03 - Bishop Alba: "We cannot allow criminals steal our streets, steal our peace"
- 2014-11-29 - After improvised lessons in the street, minors are forced to bring chairs in a house used as a school every day
- 2014-11-29 - Students missing: "The authorities must clarify the situation", said the Bishop of Tlaxcala
- 2014-11-28 - From the first Sunday of Advent: Twelve Days of Prayer for Peace